Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all right. so the only real issue i have with this phone is the display fingerprint. which i just dont like period so its not a shot at this one.

the battery doesnt stand out for better or worse, just more or less the same as always.

the screen is amazing, black screens in videos look like the phone is off.

the haptics feel springy like a samsung phone.

i dont like the glossy all glass gaudy met gala look of the phone, nothing a case cant resolve.

they didnt bring active edge back but you can hold the power button to bring up assistant. ill never use that

last and most importantly its a pixel. in that spirit theres a day one update tomorrow.

cant wait until you guys get them and start talking about them

If at least one review is to be believed, the adaptive battery stuff is pretty effective this go around, so it should get better over time.

Either way, I'm excited for tomorrow.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
If at least one review is to be believed, the adaptive battery stuff is pretty effective this go around, so it should get better over time.

Either way, I'm excited for tomorrow.
i imagine its always worked as advertised for me. i play with my phone all day, always have. you notice a trash battery. like you said tho time will tell

I wish I could hyped over this shyt like some of u.
im just happy to see the best platform grow. you know with google it could have gone either way

Last edited:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
all right. so the only real issue i have with this phone is the display fingerprint. which i just dont like period so its not a shot at this one.

the battery doesnt stand out for better or worse, just more or less the same as always.

the screen is amazing, black screens in videos look like the phone is off.

the haptics feel springy like a samsung phone.

i dont like the glossy all glass gaudy met gala look of the phone, nothing a case cant resolve.

they didnt bring active edge back but you can hold the power button to bring up assistant. ill never use that

last and most importantly its a pixel. in that spirit theres a day one update tomorrow.

cant wait until you guys get them and start talking about them

my gripes thus far, in less than 24 hrs of ownersip:

The fingerprint reader is wack as hell. So much so that I've found myself using the pattern unlock just as, if not more often than the fingerprint.

The notifications don't allow you to move then a little to the right and deavtivate or change the notification settings anymore. that was a really nice feature before.

Other than that I'm good so far.

Regarding the battery, follow these instructions and you'll be much improved battery life.

The one Google Pixel 6 setting you need to change to get more battery life

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Verizon fukked up my address somehow, and my shyt didn't get delivered yesterday. However, looks it got fixed, and I should be getting mine dropped off later today.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Verizon fukked up my address somehow, and my shyt didn't get delivered yesterday. However, looks it got fixed, and I should be getting mine dropped off later today.
be happy its verizon. google got a waiting list now

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
my gripes thus far, in less than 24 hrs of ownersip:

The fingerprint reader is wack as hell. So much so that I've found myself using the pattern unlock just as, if not more often than the fingerprint.

The notifications don't allow you to move then a little to the right and deavtivate or change the notification settings anymore. that was a really nice feature before.

Other than that I'm good so far.

Regarding the battery, follow these instructions and you'll be much improved battery life.

The one Google Pixel 6 setting you need to change to get more battery life

Aight...I'm good with the notifications situation. Just gotta long-press on the notification and you have the same options as before.

This fingerprint reader, tho :hhh:

I'm going to re-add the same finger to see if I can trick it into working faster

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
just discovered quick tap. very nice, i set it to assistant, took that shyt off my power button

edit: ive read 3 posts on reddit where people have cracked their screens already, fukk that. i got an otterbox this go round. my joint look like a big ass vhs tape

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgot to come back on here.

Phones came through right as I was finishing off work.

Definitely the best of the Pixels I've owned so far (2XL/4XL). I'll definitely say that they put for more thought into giving this a premium feel than any of the previous models.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Forgot to come back on here.

Phones came through right as I was finishing off work.

Definitely the best of the Pixels I've owned so far (2XL/4XL). I'll definitely say that they put for more thought into giving this a premium feel than any of the previous models.
4xl was definitely my favorite with that ready radar on it, and that matte glass.