bnew

Veteran
Daps
Late AF, but just want to cosign VLC even more. I've been using it for years to watch videos that I downloaded to my tablet's SD card.

Recently, I've started downloading videos to my external hard drive, and then dragging them to Google Drive (where they are automatically downloaded to my tablet's SD card & deleted from the cloud thanks to AutoSync) to watch on my tablet.

It was starting to get a bit tedious, especially w/ my slow upload speeds but then I remembered hearing about the ability to stream content on VLC over the LAN.

This weekend I download more videos to my external hard drive, but instead of uploading them to Google Drive, I just connected my VLC app to my desktop and streamed directly from the external hard drive to my tablet. No downloading/uploading and no internet usage either:banderas:

you skipped a step here. what are you using on the desktop to serve the media? networking sharing?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
completely ready for galaxy tab s8 now. my daughter finally fukked up my s7+

:scheme:

best tablet i ever owned

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
So I have the iPhone 12 right now. Its a good phone. Battery life is...meh. I'm really liking that S21 FE. I feel the urge to go back over to the Android side of things. I have a PC, so it would be an easy transition. At the same time, I really want to see what the 14 Max (non-pro) model has to offer (besides a bigger screen obviously). Decisions...

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
The new oneu androidi update is pretty smooth and the media player for music is a lot better but chrome keeps acting weird and buggy