bnew

Veteran
Daps
got a few questions

1) I switched to note 20 ultra and used smartswitch but all my pictures are showing as new/today/etc in the gallery now. Basically nothing in order. Can i fix this?

2) all my logins/passwords that are saved to google didnt come over. and now google save password thing isnt even showing, only samsung pass. Kind of annoying cause i use burner accounts on all the points apps (restaurants and shyt). I'd have to reset most of these PWs because i usually just used google's generator. Not the end of the world but annoying for sure. How can i import all my logins/pws?

3) Seems that app data/settings didnt transfer either. I dont have time to tweak settings for every app; any way to move that over?

if you still have your photos on your old phone, you can copy the photos folder to your pc/laptop and ttransfer to your note 20. you can also try using Syncthing
smartswitch seems to have a history of not preserving the original file creation/modified dates.

be sure to read the instructions carefully so you don't overwrite anything important.

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
if you still have your photos on your old phone, you can copy the photos folder to your pc/laptop and ttransfer to your note 20. you can also try using Syncthing
smartswitch seems to have a history of not preserving the original file creation/modified dates.

be sure to read the instructions carefully so you don't overwrite anything important.
im gonna try the copy paste thing, cause smartswitch definitely didnt preserve original dates lol

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
im reading this thread and its amazing to see how passionate people are for android phones

day to day, its mostly iphone users i encounter lol.

I had a 5s for 4 years (got it when it dropped), then switched to S8 and never looked back.

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
how many of yall are rooted?

ive never tried it. i've only heard about it and at a very high level

but ad blocking tf out of every app alone makes me think its worth it

bnew

Veteran
Daps
think its worth it JUST for ad blocking?

i heard some bank apps dont work with it which would make me not do it, cause i trade stocks on my phone

absolutely, I use AFWall as well to block apps that phone-home too. i have a ad-free experience on mobile and desktop, including inside apps. I don't use banking apps on my devices but magisk hide can usually bypass detection by those apps. google your bank app and "root" to see if anyone had issues with it.

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
absolutely, I use AFWall as well to block apps that phone-home too. i have a ad-free experience on mobile and desktop, including inside apps. I don't use banking apps on my devices but magisk hide can usually bypass detection by those apps. google your bank app and "root" to see if anyone had issues with it.
bet ima do it then

i got a 9 month old whos starting to develop sensory. theres a lot of games for that, but most have ads so i have to be beside him all the time lol

also, do u know a good place to get APKs? Like paid games for free :takedat:
I see a lot of varying info

bnew

Veteran
Daps
bet ima do it then

i got a 9 month old whos starting to develop sensory. theres a lot of games for that, but most have ads so i have to be beside him all the time lol

also, do u know a good place to get APKs? Like paid games for free :takedat:
I see a lot of varying info

i'm not a gamer but you could try to find a reputable torrent tracker to download games from.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Late AF, but just want to cosign VLC even more. I've been using it for years to watch videos that I downloaded to my tablet's SD card.

Recently, I've started downloading videos to my external hard drive, and then dragging them to Google Drive (where they are automatically downloaded to my tablet's SD card & deleted from the cloud thanks to AutoSync) to watch on my tablet.

It was starting to get a bit tedious, especially w/ my slow upload speeds but then I remembered hearing about the ability to stream content on VLC over the LAN.

This weekend I download more videos to my external hard drive, but instead of uploading them to Google Drive, I just connected my VLC app to my desktop and streamed directly from the external hard drive to my tablet. No downloading/uploading and no internet usage either:banderas:

How do you cast from VLC on your phone to your tv? I use mx player pro and I can't cast videos from that either.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
i think vlc only shows the cast icon when it detects chromecast renderer on the same network. check that your android wifi and chrome cast is on the same network.

I don't have a chrome cast :francis:. I wanted to cast from my phone to my TV (s21 ultra to LG c9) or to my roku ultra or fire stick 4k

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps