bnew

Veteran
Daps
I need some tech help with my pixel 2xl. My laptop broke and I want to download movies to my portable hard drive from my pixel. I don't have enough space on the phone to hold a 50gb movie. How can I have it download directly to the hard drive and bypass the phone?

exFAT and NTFS are two proprietary filesystems by microsoft and they're not supported out of the box by pixel phones.

unless you're rooted with maybe a custom kernel I'm not sure how'd you'd get that functionality you want. sure there are android apps that support reading/writing to OTG external drives but thats mainly for transferring files. you want native read/write support from your download client.

you mentioned your laptop is broke. I don't know how broken it is but if it's able to power on with a working screen and keyboard, you can try using a live linux usb drive with persistence mode enabled.

Last edited:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exFAT and NTFS are two proprietary filesystems by microsoft and their not supported out of the box by pixel phones.

unless you're rooted with maybe a custom kernel I'm not sure how'd you'd get that functionality you want. sure there are android apps that support reading/writing to OTG external drives but thats mainly for transferring files. you want native read/write support from your download client.

you mentioned your laptop is broke. I don't know how broken it is but if it's able to power on with a working screen and keyboard, you can try using a live linux usb drive with persistence mode enabled.

I'll try that and see if I can get it. Thanks for the advice. Dap and rep for everybody who helped

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Microsoft has Note 10+ 512gb for $780 :jbhmm:

Was gonna get it for a family member but don't know if the price is going to drop a lot more on Black Friday. Note 20 is about to come out too but that shyt is probably going to cost $1400 :whoa:

@R=G how's that Note 10+ been working out for you?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Microsoft has Note 10+ 512gb for $780 :jbhmm:

Was gonna get it for a family member but don't know if the price is going to drop a lot more on Black Friday. Note 20 is about to come out too but that shyt is probably going to cost $1400 :whoa:

@R=G how's that Note 10+ been working out for you?
Perfectly..takes excellent pics and its SUPER SNAPPY.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
anybody on that beta? i was tempted but people are in reddit asking "if" certain apps are working on there. shyt if all the apps dont work thats alpha innit

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Any body else hate the new tab view on the mobile Chrome App.

From this

chrome-android-tab-list.png.png

To this trash

chrome-android-tab-grid.png