Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The optimistic talk rn is about this secret OS they've worked on for years, the reality is a lot of these companies all had the same idea of cutting Google out for potential profit/data. Nobody's made a move because they can't even get it off the ground to get the profit, it's too late for a new challenger.

The closest thing to this is what happened to ZTE. US questioned ties to Iran, found ZTE lied when questioned and put a ban on them importing Qualcomm chips. They still had access to Android but still fell from the #4 manufacturer to not mentioned at all, all happened within the last 3-4 years. Idk what they do from here and I don't think anyone else can say for sure either, a denial of service like this hasn't been seen before. Like I said before, yeah the war is for 5G but how can Google be barred and not Microsoft and Windows.

I think most OEMS had done at least exploratory work on their own OS. They all end up abandoning it because they come to the same conclusion: the OS means absolutely nothing without services.

What's funny is that this is a problem of their own design. All these companies jumped on the Android train because Google effectively offered them, at worst 90% of the work (let's not forget the old days of Android when every company had their own skin of it) for free. They all could've easily put out a couple of devices using Android, and then done their own thing. Now they've all had a hand in creating and empowering a near unassailable juggernaut.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I think most OEMS had done at least exploratory work on their own OS. They all end up abandoning it because they come to the same conclusion: the OS means absolutely nothing without services.

What's funny is that this is a problem of their own design. All these companies jumped on the Android train because Google effectively offered them, at worst 90% of the work (let's not forget the old days of Android when every company had their own skin of it) for free. They all could've easily put out a couple of devices using Android, and then done their own thing. Now they've all had a hand in creating and empowering a near unassailable juggernaut.

Pretty much, it's cheaper to change visual shyt on top of something already existing than putting in the elbow grease and doing it yourself. Microsoft not reading the market and being late with Windows Mobile OS deserves part of the blame too though, Samsung and HTC did their part hardware wise. MS just dropped the ball.

Huawei was on track to overtake Samsung this year as top dog too, that obviously won't happen. With LG, HTC, Sony, etc in the red yearly this opens up an opportunity for Google to pick up serious ground after not having hardware all these years. They can easily restrict or just make better services for Pixel phones and nothing can be done about it. They already have the translation buds that only work on Pixel phones, when they announced the Pixel 3a they showed off a bunch of AR shyt that's coming to Pixel phones first.

They won't do it bc Samsung's needed since they'll pulling in the lion share of sales for the future since Huawei's done but it'll be interesting see these tech wars. All this tech and data shyt is related, a lot of these big companies will either look different or won't exist.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Same I'm bout to go check it out now

If you cop, drop an update
oW3j9eY.png

The speed, battery life and recharge speed got me wanting to check it out.
images

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Went from the Note 3 to a s10 5g this week...feel like a cat that just got outta prison after doing a decade

I'm mindblown at just getting a full charge in 59 minutes :ohhh:
How crisp is the 5g ? I didn't really pay attention to Flossy's review...

TheKang

Habitual, Line Steppa
Daps
Reppin
Tampa bytch!
How crisp is the 5g ? I didn't really pay attention to Flossy's review...
Again to me coming from the stone ages everything about this phone seems lightyears ahead

I will say that I'm in Tampa so I haven't had "5g" experience yet however it is very snappy overall and I work in a big deadzone and it's full 4glte bars Everywhere

it feels premium af, everyone at the job been staring very envyish(haven't chose a case yet so the look is really standing out) and the screen has even my folks that got s10 and s10+'s a lil mad they didn't wait

Wish it had a microSd tho even tho I copped the 512gb

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Brownlee said the one plus 7 pro is the fastest, smoothest phone he's ever used when describing how midrange phones may close apps in the background in comparison.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I tested the Samsung Galaxy S10+ for 2 months and it made me question everything about my 'iPhone or nothing' mentality

Amir Ismael

51m

Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.

David Slotnick/Business InsiderI've been using iPhones for the past seven years, and I currently own the iPhone Xs Max. I used to be of the of the "iPhone or nothing" mentality, until I put the Samsung Galaxy S10+ to the test over the last two months.Compared to my iPhone Xs Max, the Samsung Galaxy S10+ has a better camera, an operating system that's more customizable, more storage, and plenty of other features you simply won't find on an iPhone.I liked the phone so much that I'm considering making the switch to the latest Galaxy phone when I'm due for an upgrade on my current contract.

I first made to the switch to Apple phones when I got the iPhone 4s in 2012. Its whopping 3.5-inch display, 8-megapixel camera and 32-gigabytes of storage space made it worlds better than the BlackBerry I previously owned — and since then, I've been a devout iPhone fan, getting the latest version every time I was eligible to upgrade. I thought iPhones were, without a doubt, the best smartphones out there, and I was so set on always having one that I hadn't even considered other phones.

But my perspective on things started to change as years passed and the playing field leveled out. A ll smartphones had a big screen, a decent camera, and lots of storage — it was the finer details and innovations that made the biggest difference. With Face ID, a technology that was less secure than Touch ID (my identical twin brother can unlock my phone with ease), and the removal of the headphone jack, I felt like Apple wasn't pushing the envelope like it once was.

Even though I was less than thrilled about the newest iPhones, I ended up getting aniPhone Xs Max purely based on familiarity. Next time around, though, I'm not going to settle — and I have the Samsung Galaxy S10+ to thank for showing me the brighter side of smartphones.

The iPhone Xs Max is by no means a bad or unworthy phone, but there are plenty of ways it could be improved — many of which I had never even considered until I began testing the Galaxy S10+. I've been using it daily alongside my personal phone for about two months now, and in plenty of aspects, it's a better phone. Quite frankly, I don't want to give it back to Samsung.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
^ Face ID is more secure than Touch ID, and infinitely more secure than any Android phone’s facial recognition. The fact that this nikka has a twin brother is is mother’s fault, he should take it up with her

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Samsung finally removing the headphone jack :hhh:

Just read the Note 10 won't have 1, I got Galaxy buds but sometimes I just like using my Sony Earbuds :yeshrug:

Was gonna upgrade from S9+ to Note 10 wen it came out, but now idk, gotta see about how much of an upgrade the Note 9 is to my S9+ or to just wait