Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Have the Sony XZ premium, October will be 2 years and the phone still works great.... And I just dropped it the other day and the screen cracked, shyt is shattered on the right side. Screen still works but occasionally doesn't respond correctly now. I really dont want to buy a new phone yet :sadcam:

How much does it typically cost to get a screen replaced ? Is it even worth it or will the screen be buggy and what not.
I had a refurbed Pixel XL that cost $255 to buy. The screen cracked in the first week (should have paid extra for expedited shipping on the phone case smh) and it cost me $200 to get the screen replaced. A few months later, it cracked again. After looking a brokeboy with a cracked screen for a few months, instead of buying another replacement screen, I just spent the extra $50 and got a used Pixel 2 XL for $250.

If refurb/used phones aren't an issue, you can get the latest and greatest for around the same price as a screen replacement. In my opinion, screen replacements are only worthwhile if you have an top-tier, expensive phone. Definitely spend the extra $$$ for a quality case instead of a knock-off eBay version like I did which caused my screen to break the second time.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
A screen replacement for the Note 8 was $360(U Break It) even here in 2019 but I'm insured and the deductible was only $50..less than a water bill.