Daps
To move pics around in a folder, go in the folder, hit select then you can drag the pics around to rearrange. You can also rearrange via Photos on your Macbook.

As far as gifs, i just save them from my phone or drag and drop on my mac and they work good. You don't see them animate on the phone, but if you send them to someone they animate...

You mean go to the folder within Photos on the phone, right? When I hit select, it only allows me to select one or multiple photos. Doesn't allow me to change the order...i can't drag. Edit: I wasn't holding down hard enough....breh GOOD LOOKING OUT this has been driving me CRAZY. Still wish I could read the file names (out some tag) but at least if they're in order it'll make finding the one I'm looking for so much easier.

Question below remains:

How are you drag and dropping on your Mac? Without iTunes?

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
J
CONS
- I'm confused on whether its a Google thing or an Android thing, but its missing little features that I thought were universal "Android" features. Little things like, if you have 3 tabs on your homescreen, you can select the middle one to be the main one. So its one swipe left or one swipe right to access all three. With the 6p, the main screen seems to be only far left. So if I have 3 tabs, its two swipes to get to that third tab. Maybe I just don't know how to do it yet. I'm coming from Xperia, so maybe the cool features I liked weren't "Android" features at all, they were Sony Xperia features. The 6p widgets are super basic. Again, the Xperia had a amazing stock clock and weather widgets that had animation and was just nice to look at in general. 6p doesn't have weather widget, so I downloaded it from Google Play. Interface is great, but had ads running at the bottom. Xperia allowed you to uninstall multiple apps from the Apps tray. On the 6p (or Marshmallow), you can't. Again, I'm nitpicking, but these are just initial thoughts.

Note 4 in 2014 was my first non-iPhone, so not sure how it works with all phones, but I couldn't set up the pages like that until I downloaded a launcher like Nova. So I would assume it's works the same on 6P since swiping life takes you to Google Now. I am loving the 6P. Battery life on the 6P is a lot better for me than it was on the Note 4.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
You mean go to the folder within Photos on the phone, right? When I hit select, it only allows me to select one or multiple photos. Doesn't allow me to change the order...i can't drag. Edit: I wasn't holding down hard enough....breh GOOD LOOKING OUT this has been driving me CRAZY. Still wish I could read the file names (out some tag) but at least if they're in order it'll make finding the one I'm looking for so much easier.

Question below remains:

How are you drag and dropping on your Mac? Without iTunes?
No doubt. You just drag w.e pic you want to the Photos app on you Mac. I got everything synced up and optimized so whatever I put in the photos app on my Mac shows up on my phone and vice versa. I guess its the same thing as importing cause I just did it and it said "... imported successfully"

Daps
No doubt. You just drag w.e pic you want to the Photos app on you Mac. I got everything synced up and optimized so whatever I put in the photos app on my Mac shows up on my phone and vice versa. I guess its the same thing as importing cause I just did it and it said "... imported successfully"
Gonna try this when I get home.

Can you confirm that the gifs you add through photos are animated when you send? I know that no gifs animate until you hit send, but the ones I added through Photos remained still images even after I hit send

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
iMessage :ohlawd:

I wish I could video chat, have read and delivery receipts, and be synchronized with my android users, but i would have hangouts while other people have whatsapp, GoSMS, etc.. its no unity. Thats a minor difference but still significant.

Hangouts does that.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Maybe I'm:flabbynsick: but what messaging problems are ppl having?

Dunno :manny: I was just talking about making it better. When I was on, group messaging and late MMS between Androids and iOS drove my folks to use GroupMe. For most uses, it was fine though.

Are you still on Win:hamster: Phone?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dunno :manny: I was just talking about making it better. When I was on, group messaging and late MMS between Androids and iOS drove my folks to use GroupMe. For most uses, it was fine though.

Are you still on Win:hamster: Phone?

Hell na breh tossed that shyt to the bushes, got a first gen moto x for now

Ya I've never had issue with messaging on android I send texts and pics, the end. Just don't understand what imessage does different or better

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Hell na breh tossed that shyt to the bushes, got a first gen moto x for now

Ya I've never had issue with messaging on android I send texts and pics, the end. Just don't understand what imessage does different or better

Smart man. After the honeymoon phase with WP was over, I was like :to:

I used to frequently have "MMS download failed" in group messages, but 1:1 messages were usually fine.

iMessage is dope (if it's iPhone to iPhone) for the read receipts, full integration between devices (iPad, iPhone, MacBook), it shows if the other person is using iMessage or not (different color bubbles), and it shows when others are responding (the little ... bubble while they're typing) as well as some other little stuff I'm probably missing.

I know Hangouts has some of that (like messages show up wherever Hangouts is installed), but since it isn't always installed and isn't as deeply ingrained in the OS, some of the stuff isn't feasible or even possible .

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
im hearing the galaxy line wont get marshmallow until like next month, some speculating may or june. thats some bullshyt

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
im hearing the galaxy line wont get marshmallow until like next month, some speculating may or june. thats some bullshyt

That's ridiculous. They were tripping like that with Lollipop too. Then when they put it out (at least on some of the galaxy phones), they stripped out some core LP features like multi user/guest mode.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
I need Google to create more organization options for pictures. Samsung and LG skins are great for photo organization. Pure android lacks in that department imo.

I don't want all my pictures together by date. If I have ass shots of my girl in my phone I shouldn't have to look over someones shoulder to make sure they don't scroll too far. I need to be able to put all them shyts in one folder and hide that shyt.