Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Nah they dont give this option at all, even when i initially got my tracking i was going to have them hold it at a location but it didnt allow.
Must be location specific. I order a lot of things (phones, electronics, etc) and have never had an issue to get them to hold it through the online interface.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That makes sense. I think I got my N6 from Amazon and I got my N5 delivered to my door. For all the good they do, Google is terrible with their shipping, stocking, and logistics. :heh:
Google is a mess, lol literally only reason they have die hard fans is because they let geeks make their own experience which tells you google isnt all that great when first thing people do when they get android phones is throw a rom on it lol. Like why would one need root and rom a nexus device? Google/Manufactures should be trying to bring these rom developers on board.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
edge plus goes down 10% overnight :stopitslime:

How they expect android doze to work when it makes it to Samsung :stopitslime:

These damn edge gimmick news feed garbage shyt crap depleting my battery overnight but looks too good to disable :mjcry::stopitslime:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Google is a mess, lol literally only reason they have die hard fans is because they let geeks make their own experience which tells you google isnt all that great when first thing people do when they get android phones is throw a rom on it lol. Like why would one need root and rom a nexus device? Google/Manufactures should be trying to bring these rom developers on board.

Yeah man it's ridiculous how little they truly care when you look at the big picture. They don't give a fukk about the customer as long as you're getting them that revenue. I've said many times before that the Nexus should be the equivalent of the iPhone from an experience, build quality, etc. perspective. The worst part is it could be so much better due to the openness of the software.

It was understandable to root/rom back in 2009/10 when they were just gaining their bearings, but in 2015 it *shouldn't* be necessary. If Google had balls they'd mandate standards in the base system to make roms unnecessary.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah man it's ridiculous how little they truly care when you look at the big picture. They don't give a fukk about the customer as long as you're getting them that revenue. I've said many times before that the Nexus should be the equivalent of the iPhone from an experience, build quality, etc. perspective. The worst part is it could be so much better due to the openness of the software.

It was understandable to root/rom back in 2009/10 when they were just gaining their bearings, but in 2015 it *shouldn't* be necessary. If Google had balls they'd mandate standards in the base system to make roms unnecessary.

They dont care they just want ad rev. Main reason Im iffy about getting the nvidia shield tv, i have a google tv now and it is a mess and they literally did not support it after it dropped. Hell look at google glass and the nexus Q. Google has run buy a bunch of people who dont know how
To run a business and just throw anything at a wall hoping it sticks and call it innovation.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn i ordered the alum but now having second thoughts, the frost looks really dope

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
They dont care they just want ad rev. Main reason Im iffy about getting the nvidia shield tv, i have a google tv now and it is a mess and they literally did not support it after it dropped. Hell look at google glass and the nexus Q. Google has run buy a bunch of people who dont know how
To run a business and just throw anything at a wall hoping it sticks and call it innovation.

I was so hyped up for a Google Tv and they dropped he ball hard. Outside of the phones, I don't mess with Google devices. I have passed on a few great Nexus device deals for that reason. I'm out of the root/rom lifestyle that is necessary when device support stops.

I've seen you mention the Nvidia Shield a few times. What are you looking to do with it? Just steaming or local playback or what?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I was so hyped up for a Google Tv and they dropped he ball hard. Outside of the phones, I don't mess with Google devices. I have passed on a few great Nexus device deals for that reason. I'm out of the root/rom lifestyle that is necessary when device support stops.

I've seen you mention the Nvidia Shield a few times. What are you looking to do with it? Just steaming or local playback or what?

Id maybe throw a bunch of old school emulators on it, since it is a beast spec wise it could handle them no problem. Id still do the normal streaming and stuff to. Maybe put Kodi on it too. But i think if the new apple tv gets jailbroken it will he a problem

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Id maybe throw a bunch of old school emulators on it, since it is a beast spec wise it could handle them no problem. Id still do the normal streaming and stuff to. Maybe put Kodi on it too. But i think if the new apple tv gets jailbroken it will he a problem

Yeah it would be a bad mofo for emulators. I only use Kodi and the standard steaming services, but I would love to get on the old games

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sign up for a FedEx account (the free one) and it'll let you decide whether you want them to hold it for pickup or deliver to a new location. You'll have to hurry though. If it's out for delivery today it could already be on the truck in transit.

A few hours ago I called FedEx and the automated system said that the shipper (Google) would not allow for the package to be held. I thought this didn't sound right so I spoke with customer service and they told me the package must be delivered to the address. Shipper will not allow the package to be held :wtf: This is crazy. I'm just going to leave work early then.

I made a FedEx account anyway because this could be useful in the future. Good looks.

EDIT: Actually I got an error trying to make the account lol. I'll try again later

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
A few hours ago I called FedEx and the automated system said that the shipper (Google) would not allow for the package to be held. I thought this didn't sound right so I spoke with customer service and they told me the package must be delivered to the address. Shipper will not allow the package to be held :wtf: This is crazy. I'm just going to leave work early then.

I made a FedEx account anyway because this could be useful in the future. Good looks.

Google is crazy :heh:

Sign up for the UPS one too. Both of them notify you the day before delivery with a window and allow you to reschedule.