Official A Quiet Place 2 Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Didn't like this one... damn near everybody that died, died cause of the obnoxious deaf girl

Hopefully the 3rd one starts with them locking deaf karen in a room and she is never heard from again...:troll:

Jackrabbit

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was not it. Was excited to watch it but it’s just a boring. Was excited to see Cillian Murphy is this but it’s not much to work with. Same with Emily blunt I like her movies but she’s just an afterthought in this. Her and her husband are definitely on a money grab with this. Milking it. The ending was trash to me

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was good and thrilling for the most part though it really didn't add anything new to lore of these creatures or expand on them much.

Also, Djimon Hounsou was completely wasted. His death was lazy, dumb and predictable. My boy existed only to get the characters to where they needed to go, but then have a sudden, dumb "horror film" lapse in logic that leads to him getting bodied. It seems like a nitpick, but in a film with decent writing like this one, that supposed to be "sophisticated" horror , it stands out.

Clive42

All Star
Daps
It was alright to me. Felt like more of the same, but without the newness and surprise factor of the first. At the end of this one things are pretty much the exact way they were at the end of the first. There was some good suspense in there though, and like the first one, much of it made by a baby that never should have existed in the first place:snoop:

There was just a tad bit of light shed
with learning they can't swim, which wasn't a shock to me based on their bodies. Seeing an explosion in the sky before they popped up really doesn't explain things about their origin either

And even though it makes for a good scenes, logically speaking why are groups of survivors running and screaming when these things pop up? If you made it this long you should be smart enough to know to just stfu. You in an open field, just lay down and blend into the environment until they leave:childplease:

Repped, cos everything you said here is exactly what I was thinking. From the ending leaving them pretty much in the same position as the first, to the other points. And to follow up on dem other points...

1. If these people still screaming while running was hard enough to believe, then even more so, I refuse to believe that a reclusive group of predatory humans who know the monsters enough to not say any word whatsoever and have been living on a fukking marina of all places, a habitat mostly made of water, were unaware that the monsters couldn't swim.

2. Im not mad at it, but I agree that the meteor/object/spacehip/whatever in the sky raises more questions than it answers - Its kl, they'll probably explain it in the 3rd one. The first monster runs into the police car before the 'meteor' even impacts, I was thinking they pour out of the crash site, but instead the town is already full of them, miles away from the supposed crash site. Were they dropping from the meteor?

And most importantly, how many of those meteors were there? Because if there was only one, then how have the monsters managed to kill most of humanity if they most likely landed from one object, on one landmass, but are unable to swim to other continents.

EDIT - Just remembered the news report at the beginning about a 'bomb'/explosion, so likely multiple meteors hit around the world.

Either way I liked the film, not as much as the first one, but Im patient to learn more in the next one.

Last edited: