Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Really hope we get to see Curry at the Olympics, I feel I've barely seen him in a Team USA Jersey. And I think the squad should be more experienced.

Steph
Tatum
Durant
AD
Kessler

Or

Cade
Steph
Tatum
Durant
AD

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reaves was the second best player a lot of nights for this team. He’s not above critique but it’s hardly it’s his fault for this outcome

I would say Brunson & Ingram were by far the two most disappointing players in the tournament for me. Brunson was just flat out bad and Ingram couldn’t adjust to having a low usage role

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Getting players to commit for multiple years is what only makes sense

That Redeem team core had played together for years. LeBron, Wade, Melo, Dwight, Bosh, CP3, Deron, Redd, etc. even Kobe & Kidd joined them in 2007 before. No one on that team was new

Had a brand new roster in 2010 then in 2012 basically combined the 2008 and 2010 core.
Top players are not committing to back to back Summers so can just forget about that
Especially since a lot of them come off of long playoff runs when they do this
It's not gonna happen

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I stopped reading this when nikkas start creating random fan fictions like this.. "he was hunted and stalked like prey and eaten!! :damn: "

Nikkas this is basketball, stop embarrassing yourself doing all the extra stuff

It's a team game, Austin did his part off the bench and DS got the better of him off that dagger possession.. it happens. Austin put in that work, but Germany hunted matchups in key spots and other Team US players didn't step up.
Take one of those little Filipino kids they have stand with the players while they listen to the national anthem and they would’ve provided just as much defensive resistance on Schroeder back to back game sealing buckets as Reaves did.

You realize how much pressure it puts on a defense when your teammates know you can’t defend one on one?

Both games the USA lost Reaves was unplayable on defense. But yeah he scored 4 points when the game was over to push his point total to 21. Congrats.

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Team USA needs to develop a program/camp where they have coaches go from city to city training youth during the summer. They can appeal to those players that are interested in improving their skills, shooting, etc. State it as an alternative to joining the AAU circuit. If it already exists, then there should be heavy marketing for it.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Really hope we get to see Curry at the Olympics, I feel I've barely seen him in a Team USA Jersey. And I think the squad should be more experienced.

Steph
Tatum
Durant
AD
Kessler

Or

Cade
Steph
Tatum
Durant
AD
I doubt he goes.
Cuz if he goes and doesn’t get gold
My god :dead:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-I’m late maybe this been addressed but….Ingram had a ‘illness’ after getting benched? :gladbron::patrice:Am I following this right

-Kerr exposed. The foreshadowing was when he was close to having Ant come off the bench on this talent barren team :what:

- That also ties into Draymond-ification of US hoops. These analytics white boys have gone away from actual pure talent. Ie why tf is Josh hart even on the team…Cam Johnson overrated. JJJ in another era would be a dominant big man but in this era he’s a ‘switchy 3&D big’. Man had 8 and 3 :picard: outplayed by old school brute strength Daniel Theis
Ingram was already complaining about how the offense didn’t revolve around him in the group stage, so 90 percent chance he opted out :russ:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Take one of those little Filipino kids they have stand with the players while they listen to the national anthem and they would’ve provided just as much defensive resistance on Schroeder back to back game sealing buckets as Reaves did.

You realize how much pressure it puts on a defense when your teammates know you can’t defend one on one?

Both games the USA lost Reaves was unplayable on defense. But yeah he scored 4 points when the game was over to push his point total to 21. Congrats.
Not one single comment about the lack of bigs and rebounding issues, which was far and away a bigger problem then Reaves defense.. or how the DPOTY allowed Theis to put up 20+ points

Stop talking basketball, it ain't for you. Go to a "casual" thread cause that seems more your speed

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Fire Steve Kerr…. I’m not even joking.

This small ball shyt is his style and it don’t work unless you got god tier outside shooting.

Also replace the bigs. Bam and Mitchell Robinson or Bam and Timelord need to go over.

But for real fire Kerr.