Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
This is team USA dummy. Nobody in the history of team USA has been hunted on pick and rolls and ball screens except Reaves. A part time optometrist for Lithuania isoing you in the post to the point where you have to be taken out the game shouldn’t happen.

How it works out sometimes :deadrose: stupid MF acting like he just lost the Big 12 championship and not losing in historic embarrassing fashion to a country that doesn’t even have a professional basketball league .:laff:
Yeah you're a moron straight up.. hali was getting cooked, Brunson was getting cooked, ANT was hiding on Bonga. You want Brunson out there instead? You want Trae Young in the post instead (this is now an online narrative that Trae would have helped this team that lacked in perimeter defense)? Please stop talking basketball.. I'm begging you

Jalen Brunson was a -20.. he was horrendous on the defensive end and didn't bring the off ball shooting, team defenses, high IQ, box out, ans switchability that Reaves does.

That's a fact. But hey that Laker tax really be giving casual fans something to talk about.

Hali and Brunson were getting COOKED on defense, the only one who could even remotely put up a fight was Reaves.. moron

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
For the idiots ITT who don't know ball and simply go on surface level casual takes

JJJ had a total of 7 rebounds in 65 minutes of play... and 1 total blocked shot in 4 games. Absolutely pathetic from your defensive big man

JJJ was out of position for rebounds because Reaves and the other guards were getting cooked and could not stay in front of their man so he had to come over and help.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
JJJ was out of position for rebounds because Reaves and the other guards were getting cooked and could not stay in front of their man so he had to come over and help.
This isn't a 1 game problem with JJJ, he's always been overrated as a DPOTY and an atrocious rebounder

He averaged 2.8 fukn rebounds a game (I looked it up and it was actually worse than I thought).. brah wtf are you on about him simply being out of position because he had to cover for the lack of perimeter defense?! Anthony Davis played with far worse on the perimeter and he NEVER put up statlines like this on that end.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Reeves was ballin on O but he has absolutely no lateral quickness on the perimeter and no strength on the block.

AD doing the lords work in LA, no wonder he can only play half a season :mjlol:

And they still going to act funny on his name. Carrying a geriatric, and a meth mamba on D and they still want more :scust:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Embarrassing.

You will never win letting a team shoot 58% from 2 and 43% from 3.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah you're a moron straight up.. hali was getting cooked, Brunson was getting cooked, ANT was hiding on Bonga. You want Brunson out there instead? You want Trae Young in the post instead (this is now an online narrative that Trae would have helped this team that lacked in perimeter defense)? Please stop talking basketball.. I'm begging you.

I would take Trae over Reaves yeah. I mean Trae is the better offensive player and can’t do any worse than Reaves who was unplayable vs a bunch of investment bankers for Lithuania. Trae at least got a 30 piece in him somewhere.

Listen MF, nobody gives a fukk about Reaves being a Laker only insofar as Laker fans overating a bench scrub and Steve Kerr being a dumbass and leaving him on the floor to get cooked in front of millions of people worldwide on the worse loss in US basketball history.

Nobody is saying the US played good D or that Reaves was the only substandard participant, what we are saying is during crunch time against good teams he shouldnt be be anywhere near a professional basketball court.

Do you understand?