Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Goff is balling and we probably don’t replace him but if we were going to, why is there no talk about Huntley in Bmore as a replacement? I haven’t seen much of him but he seems to have potential

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
On another note, this team is no longer a bottom feeder. At no point during this game did I feel like they’d let the jags back in this game. We’re officially a team that we should expect to make the playoffs next season. We play clean football with few penalties and we stopped beating ourselves. The improvements this regime have made this year should be applauded.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs... did you just see what Amon Ra St Brown accomplished? :wow:

1st receiver to have 10 receptions, over 100 Rec yards and 2 tds, first Wr to do that since Calvin Johnson :wow:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Great performance on every level today. Goff looked real good, Another sack from Houston, plus he had some really good rushes beyond that.

You add Jalen Carter to this defense and it's gonna be insane....

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
On another note, this team is no longer a bottom feeder. At no point during this game did I feel like they’d let the jags back in this game. We’re officially a team that we should expect to make the playoffs next season. We play clean football with few penalties and we stopped beating ourselves. The improvements this regime have made this year should be applauded.
Second time in three weeks they put a team away and never felt threatened. They're figuring out how to win after so many tough losses in the first seven weeks.

I'd be surprised if Ben Johnson gets hired away. Even Brian Daboll had to wait a few years before getting a head coaching position. The way things are trending, it makes sense to bring back Goof and let him work in this offense for another year. It'll give him and the team some continuity. We gotta remember, this is his second OC in as many seasons since coming here from a different team. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think he'll be better next season, especially with Jamo in the mix from the beginning.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
5 wins, almost certainly going to end up with at least 6-7 wins by the end. Clear improvement over last year on every level. Another really good draft class, including having two 6th round picks (Rodrigo and Houston) making major plays. You stack another good draft and get some key Fa signings and the Lions can win the NFC North next season

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Second time in three weeks they put a team away and never felt threatened. They're figuring out how to win after so many tough losses in the first seven weeks.

I'd be surprised if Ben Johnson gets hired away. Even Brian Daboll had to wait a few years before getting a head coaching position. The way things are trending, it makes sense to bring back Goof and let him work in this offense for another year. It'll give him and the team some continuity. We gotta remember, this is his second OC in as many seasons since coming here from a different team. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think he'll be better next season, especially with Jamo in the mix from the beginning.

100 % agree. At this point if the team can add an impact FA and 2 impact players in the draft there isn't a reason to replace it. We know him and McVay had a personal issue. If we can get consistent B+ play from Goff with a B QB contract I'd rather let the talent people who have proven their worth use the picks to stack this team.

I'm also more open to taking a gamble on a raw QB who needs a year to sit.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Can’t even hate on Goff at this point. Other than that Buffalo throw to Chark he’s been on the money. We might be looking at a Jimmy G situation here. Still don’t know if we draft our Lance

Amon Ra been dominant and it’s only going to get easier for him with Chark and Jamo out there healthy. Swift is healthy and not running timid anymore

Defense coming along. Adding Jalen Carter between Hutch and McNeal would be so nice.

Another good draft and a couple FA defensive players and Lions can be contenders. Fix interior pass rusher, off ball linebacker, another starting CB spots snd defense would be solid. Safety might just be a strength on team next year if Walker returns to form

They might have even found their kicker

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Can’t even hate on Goff at this point. Other than that Buffalo throw to Chark he’s been on the money. We might be looking at a Jimmy G situation here. Still don’t know if we draft our Lance

Amon Ra been dominant and it’s only going to get easier for him with Chark and Jamo out there healthy. Swift is healthy and not running timid anymore

Defense coming along. Adding Jalen Carter between Hutch and McNeal would be so nice.

Another good draft and a couple FA defensive players and Lions can be contenders. Fix interior pass rusher, off ball linebacker, another starting CB spots snd defense would be solid. Safety might just be a strength on team next year if Walker returns to form

They might have even found their kicker
They've scored the sixth most points in the league and have the most 30 points games. Goff isn't Mahomes but he isn't Zach Wilson either. He can succeed with what they have around him.

They need a backup QB and I want a true #1 RB this offseason, but besides that, focus everything else on the defense. I trust Holmes to get that shored up and they might have a chance to do some damage in the playoffs next year.

I've never felt this optimistic about the Lions before. It feels really strange but it's been pretty easy in the past to know when they've had the wrong people in charge (always). This group feels different.

I hope it ends different.