Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They've scored the sixth most points in the league and have the most 30 points games. Goff isn't Mahomes but he isn't Zach Wilson either. He can succeed with what they have around him.

They need a backup QB and I want a true #1 RB this offseason, but besides that, focus everything else on the defense. I trust Holmes to get that shored up and they might have a chance to do some damage in the playoffs next year.

I've never felt this optimistic about the Lions before. It feels really strange but it's been pretty easy in the past to know when they've had the wrong people in charge (always). This group feels different.

I hope it ends different.
Agreed on all points. Given the draft resources we have I'd be perfectly fine taking a QB in the second or third round, depending on who is there. I had hoped for Michael Penix Jr but just saw he's going back to school next season. I've shat on Campbell but we gotta give him credit for putting together an amazing staff. These former players are really teaching and elevating guys, so what better environment is there to draft a young QB and let him learn for a couple years. Plus I really think Goff is a good leader and will help a younger guy learn, especially if it's clear that Goff will still be QB1.

Also agree on RB. Swift is great when healthy but something seems off lately. He played well yesterday, I'm just not willing to hedge another season on whether he misses multiple games again. I like Jamaal Williams but not sure what to do with him. Do you resign him? If we draft an RB I assume that guy starts eating Swift's carries and then we don't pick up his 5th option and let him go after next season. Or maybe Swift bounces back. My concern is that he came into the training camp in perfect shape, bulked up, was healthy through camp and still got injured in the very first game of the season. Maybe he's never gonna be healthy and it's time to move on. Hard to imagine Duece banging the table for him after this season.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
So were clearly behind HOU, CHI, DEN. Tie breaker game with CAR, NO, JAX, ARI

Bears and Texans aren’t winning another game. You would think DEN defense would be enough to scrap a couple wins. Car, No, Jax, Ari all have winnable games left. But knowing lions luck Baker will win a couple more games
:francis: Bye Bye Carter and Anderson.

Guess they can start looking at those Clemson boys Breese or Myers. Or whichever QB drops

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Biggest game in a while

If they win this week and next at Jets they could easily go undefeated down stretch. GB, Car, Chi. 10-7 probably gets you in playoffs :lupe:

NFC East will kill each other
In my group chat right now even my biggest Pessimistic lions fan homies asking themselves "Why am I so hype for this game:why:"