Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Stafford's their quarterback for the foreseeable future. It doesn't make any sense to play him again this season with his concussions and injuries. They don't have anything to gain by putting him in harm's way in a lost cause season.
as dire as the situation is there they should be trying to develop players to move assets.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Stafford's their quarterback for the foreseeable future. It doesn't make any sense to play him again this season with his concussions and injuries. They don't have anything to gain by putting him in harm's way in a lost cause season.
as dire as the situation is there they should be trying to develop players to move assets.
It's an outrageous long shot, but the Lions are a team where Brady would make sense. If Holmes loads up on defense this offseason, they're gonna be a ready made destination for any QB (Campbell not withstanding).

Good offensive line with weapons everywhere. The bigger question is probably whether or not Brady's play this season is a result of him finally falling off or because of everything going on in his personal life.

Obviously, he went to Michigan so he would definitely get a hero's welcome and winning a title with the Lions would be a feather in his cap that could never be topped. :pachaha:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's an outrageous long shot, but the Lions are a team where Brady would make sense. If Holmes loads up on defense this offseason, they're gonna be a ready made destination for any QB (Campbell not withstanding).

Good offensive line with weapons everywhere. The bigger question is probably whether or not Brady's play this season is a result of him finally falling off or because of everything going on in his personal life.

Obviously, he went to Michigan so he would definitely get a hero's welcome and winning a title with the Lions would be a feather in his cap that could never be topped. :pachaha:
I couldn't dream of a scenario this unlikely :skip:but if we changed the team name it wouldn't be crazy to think about :jbhmm:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Jalen Carter is dominant. Looking like a Suh level DT prospect. Him or Will Anderson will be hard to pass up for these ok QBs.

If we draft Carter or Anderson, I would reach and pick Richardson with Lions pick. He could sit behind Goff for a couple years until Goff deal is done

Last edited:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Jalen Carter is dominant. Looking like a Suh level DT prospect. Him or Will Anderson will be hard to pass up for these ok QBs.

If we draft Carter or Anderson, I would reach and pick Richardson with Lions pick. He could sit behind Goff for a couple years until Goff deal is done

The combine will determine everything for these guys but I don’t think we’d have to reach but he’s definitely my target.

Carter, Robinson and Richardson is a real possibility for us. The lions are blessed :mjcry:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Taking RB high just isn’t worth it. Kevin Jones, Kevin Smith, Mikel Leshoure, Brian Calhoun, Jahvid Best, Abdullah, Kerryon Johnson. Injuries and disappointments

Not grouping Swift with these guys because he’s a premium back when healthy.

Think we just need a younger version of Williams with a little burst. Rather have Corum or Chase Brown in 3rd over Robinson in 1st

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Taking RB high just isn’t worth it. Kevin Jones, Kevin Smith, Mikel Leshoure, Brian Calhoun, Jahvid Best, Abdullah, Kerryon Johnson. Injuries and disappointments

Think we just need a younger version of Williams with a little burst. Rather have Corum or Chase Brown in 3rd over Robinson in 1st
Normally I would agree but I think this guy is Reggie bush in an era that knows what to do with a Reggie Bush. It’s worth the gamble.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
The combine will determine everything for these guys but I don’t think we’d have to reach but he’s definitely my target.

Carter, Robinson and Richardson is a real possibility for us. The lions are blessed :mjcry:
:ufdup:You take that shyt back. Don't go putting that on us until we meeting at the parade. We all know how this teams fortune can change in a blink. But shyt IS looking real fortuitous right now. Good drafts, talent developing, team looking improved, but not to the point where we miss out on a good pick plus the Rams pick.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

It all depends. Lions have made some bad picks and had bad luck. Kevin Jones looked like he was gonna be a monster but he got decimated by injuries. He was a bruiser AND fast as fukk. What happened to him was a shame.

The right back is definitely still worth it, imo. Most backs are at their best early on and that's when they're the cheapest. This offense would be terrifying with a Chubb, Cook, Jacobs, Henry, Taylor, etc. quality RB in the backfield.