Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Given the fact that the Lions will still have their own 1st round pick you take a QB.
Not if Young's gone. They're getting a high pick in the wrong draft again for a QB. Caleb Williams looks like the next star QB. :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not if Young's gone. They're getting a high pick in the wrong draft again for a QB. Caleb Williams looks like the next star QB. :francis:
The alternative is to not draft another QB and then be stuck with Goff. This team is on the edge of being moved out of contention for the high pick QBs due to improvements.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The alternative is to not draft another QB and then be stuck with Goff. This team is on the edge of being moved out of contention for the high pick QBs due to improvements.
So you suggest you take a guy your not sure on so you can get rid of a guy you’re not sure on :patrice:

If they believe he’s the guy, they take him. If they don’t take him they’ll take a player they believe in. Qb or not.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Sam Darnold was supposed to be the next star outta USC. Lawrence was supposed to be generational. Best QB prospect since Luck and Manning. Darnold a bust and Lawrence been mediocre at best. It’s all a crap shoot. Just have to trust Holmes evaluations

This is Lions last chance to get a shot at top QB prospects in a draft class. Their extra picks are gone after this year. And they should be much improved next year. Just have a hard time believing they’ll commit to Goff long term and pay him $30-40 mil a year

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Sam Darnold was supposed to be the next star outta USC. Lawrence was supposed to be generational. Best QB prospect since Luck and Manning. Darnold a bust and Lawrence been mediocre at best. It’s all a crap shoot. Just have to trust Holmes evaluations

This is Lions last chance to get a shot at top QB prospects in a draft class. Their extra picks are gone after this year. And they should be much improved next year. Just have a hard time believing they’ll commit to Goff long term and pay him $30-40 mil a year
I wasn't as high on any of those guys. :hubie:

I trust Holmes but nobody this year wows me. I'd pick Young out of all of them though.

Personally, I'd be fine if they traded a second for Gardner Minshew and gave him a chance. He's always played pretty well when given chances and this Lions team would be the most talented squad he's started for. :hubie:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So you suggest you take a guy your not sure on so you can get rid of a guy you’re not sure on :patrice:

If they believe he’s the guy, they take him. If they don’t take him they’ll take a player they believe in. Qb or not.
I suggest you take either Young or Stroud whoever is available. Young had an amazing year last season. This year statistically Stroud has been better. I don't think they go wrong with either. If neither of those two are available then yeah move on.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Who is giving Goff 30-40? Who are we negotiating against to keep his salary inflated? I think if he stays, he stays on a team friendly deal.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I suggest you take either Young or Stroud whoever is available. Young had an amazing year last season. This year statistically Stroud has been better. I don't think they go wrong with either. If neither of those two are available then yeah move on.
I wouldn’t be upset if we take one of the two but I’m also cool with passing. Goff has gone to the SB, Jimmy G has too. You can get there with a game manager with a great team around him.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Who is giving Goff 30-40? Who are we negotiating against to keep his salary inflated? I think if he stays, he stays on a team friendly deal.
He’s going to make 30 and 31 mill a year next two years already. Qb contracts go up every year. He’s not taking a paycut as a starter. The Lamar Jacksons, Burrow, Herbert, Tua will be getting similar money to Mahomes and Rodgers upwards $50 million a year. Just how the QB payscale is. $30 mill is new norm for mediocre QBs

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
He’s going to make 30 and 31 mill a year next two years already. Qb contracts go up every year. He’s not taking a paycut as a starter. The Lamar Jacksons, Burrow, Herbert, Tua will be getting similar money to Mahomes and Rodgers upwards $50 million a year. Just how the QB payscale is. $30 mill is new norm for mediocre QBs
Then if the cap goes up like it always does who cares if his salary stays the same? If someone wants to pay him more then let him walk. We can find another game manager.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
[url=https://ibb.co/wN78Lmv] [/URL]

DBA07-E62-920-C-4006-A1-B8-9231-D85-E01-EF.png
[/url]
This is alot of early picks in a good draft

Last edited:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
[url=https://ibb.co/wN78Lmv] [/URL]

DBA07-E62-920-C-4006-A1-B8-9231-D85-E01-EF.png
[/url]
This is alot of early picks in a good draft

I like your idea of drafting a RB early. I understand Jamal is a nice guy and he falls into the end zone from the 1, but when you have a very good OL, you’re suppose to wear teams out with the advantage, not make average players productive. Make a good player great, at least do what Dallas did with Murray and prime Zeke

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
I want no parts of Stroud.

If we can't get Bryce I'd rather set the team up to drop in a disgruntled vet in 2024 and roll with Goff until then. No reason to take a QB you don't love. Use the first 5 picks on DT, CB, LB and take whatever BPA that falls. I trust Holmes evaluations and would rather be a ready made destination then hoping Stroud is the guy.