Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Here's a trade value chart

2nd pick: 2600 points. Looks like it would cost a fortune to move up for a team that doesn't have two 1st round picks.

If the Lions end up with the #2 pick I would only consider trading down if it was clear that I could still get Will Anderson/Jalen Carter/Myles Murphy. For instance lets say the draft order is...

1. Las Vegas
2. Detroit
3. Houston
4. New Orleans (Philadelphia)
5. Carolina

I'm assuming Vegas would take a QB. Houston will take a QB too. So if another team wants a shot at whoever is left between Stroud and Young they'd have to call us. The danger of course is that Philly is almost certainly gonna take the best defensive player on the board, likely Will Anderson. Do you stay at #2 to take him, or do you trade down and get a bounty of picks while risking out on losing Anderson? Trading down to #5 and getting Jalen Carter certainly wouldn't make me cry or anything but man...the idea of Hutch and Anderson on the d-line......
:wow:
I like the breakdown and the players you chose but to me, that’s not enough. The niners gave up 3 first to a team that already had their qb of the future.

If I’m the lions at 2 and I believe the qb at 2 is my guy, a team is gonna have to give up at least 4 first or some sorta Ricky Williams trade. A qb is hard to trade from if that’s your guy.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Lions going to beat NYG this week :francis:

Giant’s have played one of the softest schedules in NFL. Winning with smoke and mirrors. Probably worse offense they’ve played all year

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:deadrose:

Rams might be shutting shyt down soon. Kelly Stafford been shytting on the NFL for their handling of Matt's concussion protocol too. Wheels are coming off, Stafford might not play for a couple more weeks.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

:deadrose:

Rams might be shutting shyt down soon. Kelly Stafford been shytting on the NFL for their handling of Matt's concussion protocol too. Wheels are coming off, Stafford might not play for a couple more weeks.

Literally no reason for Stafford to play again this year. Concussion and elbow issues. He’ll just get killed behind that line

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So when is the narrative gonna change for Mcvay?

The rams have the same record as the lions while having a hall of fame boy genius coach, hall of fame shut down corner in jalen Ramsey, and the greatest defensive player of all times in Aaron Donald. They also had the triple crown winning wr for most of the season. Also, had a hall of fame iron man qb that fought through an elbow injury for most of the year.

All the lions have is a scrub meathead coach and a bunch of inexperienced former players on the staff, wasted second round draft picks and former first round busts like Okuda, and a throwaway qb that the rams couldn’t win with named Goff.

I hate how inconsistent the media is when talking about these things.

What coach doesn’t win the superbowl last year with that team? Beli, Payton, shanahan, Carrol..? How far down the line before we find a no for a coach?

Mcvay is overrated if he can’t get that team to more than 7 wins this season

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

The rams have the same record as the lions while having a hall of fame boy genius coach, hall of fame shut down corner in jalen Ramsey, and the greatest defensive player of all times in Aaron Donald. They also had the triple crown winning wr for most of the season. Also, had a hall of fame iron man qb that fought through an elbow injury for most of the year.

All the lions have is a scrub meathead coach and a bunch of inexperienced former players on the staff, wasted second round draft picks and former first round busts like Okuda, and a throwaway qb that the rams couldn’t win with named Goff.

What coach doesn’t win the superbowl last year with that team? Beli, Payton, shanahan, Carrol..? How far down the line before we find a no for a coach?

You do know the rams won the Super Bowl last year right.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

They won a chip, nearly got another with Goff lol. I don't think this is fair at all. Their offense has been fukked all year due to the o-line and bad receivers. Van Jefferson was out early in the season and they just had Cupp and the guy they signed from Chicago, who can't get separation. Stafford was handcuffed...and frankly I think he's been injured all year with the elbow issue. Add in Cam Akers being trash post-ACL injury (I hope players stop rushing back from that injury, it doesn't benefit them at all) and it's just a series of bad breaks.

Bigger issue is the GM. Granted they won a chip so everything worked out but...that team has some big holes and little to no draft picks of value. It seems like they're gonna ride into the sunset before things truly implode in a couple years but man...that team's assets are fukked.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They won a chip, nearly got another with Goff lol. I don't think this is fair at all. Their offense has been fukked all year due to the o-line and bad receivers. Van Jefferson was out early in the season and they just had Cupp and the guy they signed from Chicago, who can't get separation. Stafford was handcuffed...and frankly I think he's been injured all year with the elbow issue. Add in Cam Akers being trash post-ACL injury (I hope players stop rushing back from that injury, it doesn't benefit them at all) and it's just a series of bad breaks.

Bigger issue is the GM. Granted they won a chip so everything worked out but...that team has some big holes and little to no draft picks of value. It seems like they're gonna ride into the sunset before things truly implode in a couple years but man...that team's assets are fukked.
I don't think it's fair to expect miracles from this coaching staff but that's what we've been hearing all season from some fans. We don't make excuses for the lions or the lions coaches when we're snake bit. We don't make it for the GM either. It doesn't make sense.

If the standard for genius is get 5 hall of famers (donald, ramsey, miller, stafford, kupp) on your team and coach them to victory then the bar is set pretty low.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't think it's fair to expect miracles from this coaching staff but that's what we've been hearing all season from some fans. We don't make excuses for the lions or the lions coaches when we're snake bit. We don't make it for the GM either. It doesn't make sense.

If the standard for genius is get 5 hall of famers (donald, ramsey, miller, stafford, kupp) on your team and coach them to victory then the bar is set pretty low.

I was def bringing up the injuries concerning the Lions and how we weren't getting a real snapshot of the team until the d-line could return. Once Paschal and Cominsky came back the defense immediately improved, and I'd expect further improvement once Charles Harris reaches 90-100%. Hell we beat the Bears with only one decent WR. Reynolds and Chark will be back soon and things really might get interesting.

Speaking of Chark...dude has been a major disappointment. Solid when he's been on the field but hasn't stayed healthy. If he wants to sign a reduced deal next year I'd be fine bringing him back but...this year hasn't been what he expected. One year prove it deal, followed by a big contract...that's prob not happening anywhere unless he comes back and really lights shyt on fire in the next few weeks.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I'm with you on McVay. He's not a bad coach but he's not the genius everybody makes him out to be. They've had a bunch of loaded rosters since he's been there, especially last season (and EVERYTHING went their way in 2021). The Rams have gone all-in basically every year until now, giving him the best rosters possible. It was worth it because they won it all but the well is dry now and they're not gonna be able to load up for a couple years.

Shanahan's the best coach in that division. Their offense is respectable when scrubs like CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens are behind center. Jimmy G is a mediocre QB and their O is top 5-10 when he's in the lineup.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I was def bringing up the injuries concerning the Lions and how we weren't getting a real snapshot of the team until the d-line could return. Once Paschal and Cominsky came back the defense immediately improved, and I'd expect further improvement once Charles Harris reaches 90-100%. Hell we beat the Bears with only one decent WR. Reynolds and Chark will be back soon and things really might get interesting.

Speaking of Chark...dude has been a major disappointment. Solid when he's been on the field but hasn't stayed healthy. If he wants to sign a reduced deal next year I'd be fine bringing him back but...this year hasn't been what he expected. One year prove it deal, followed by a big contract...that's prob not happening anywhere unless he comes back and really lights shyt on fire in the next few weeks.
I know you were defending them. I wasn't talking about you, but i have heard people talking about we should have this thing turned around already. If this was patrica moving on from caldwell, i'd agree. This staff is taking the mess that the last two bozos left. Mcvay in Detroit doesn't look much better if any better than it does right now.

Speaking to my original point, if mcvay was such a genius his team wouldn't be 3-6 right now. He'd scheme that shyt up. I feel like the coaches here, specifically ben johnson, has schemed there way into wins. I guess he's the next genius.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm with you on McVay. He's not a bad coach but he's not the genius everybody makes him out to be. They've had a bunch of loaded rosters since he's been there, especially last season (and EVERYTHING went their way in 2021). The Rams have gone all-in basically every year until now, giving him the best rosters possible. It was worth it because they won it all but the well is dry now and they're not gonna be able to load up for a couple years.

Shanahan's the best coach in that division. Their offense is respectable when scrubs like CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens are behind center. Jimmy G is a mediocre QB and their O is top 5-10 when he's in the lineup.
You summed up what i was trying to say. I've never seen Mcvay overcome anything. Based on how lions fans feel about people who need everything perfect to win, he'd be the Goff of coaches :skip:

Shanahan is clearly the best coach in the division. shyt, he was a safety dropping Staffords punt away from beating a team way more loaded than his.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
You didn't read it, i'm talking this year.
You attempting to compare the rams and lions in some weird way because they have the same record. The rams won the Super Bowl. If they don’t win another game it ain’t gonna change nothin for mcvay or what people think about him. And you caping for Ben Johnson who ain’t did NOTHIN versus a head coach that been to the bowl twice.

• Dap
Reactions: XII