Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Wait Ownership hired Dan Campbell? I didn't know that. Link?

Campbell and new Lions GM Brad Holmes have never worked with each other before, but share a common connection through Williams.

Their union in Detroit is an arraigned marriage, as the organization held parallel coach and GM searches. Holmes was hired last Thursday, after the Lions finished their first round of coaching interviews.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I would never wish injury on stafford but the rams imploding this year would make that trade a win for both sides. They got their Super Bowl and lions got a top 10ish pick

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Only lions can go from know-it-all jackass coach in Patricia to a likable idiot in Campbell. He simply isn’t smart enough to be an NFL coach. This former player coaching staff isn’t prepared at all. Getting schooled by these wizkid new age coordinators.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I would never wish injury on stafford but the rams imploding this year would make that trade a win for both sides. They got their Super Bowl and lions got a top 10ish pick
If the Lions don't wind up with the top pick themselves, they're gonna have a chance to package that Rams pick and another future first to trade up and take a QB.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
@djthegreat88 @Ed MOTHEREFFING G @eastside313 @Piff Perkins @NigerianDonDada

Question, if we end up getting the 1st pick again, do you draft a QB first then defensive afterwards or get the best defensive player out the draft? or like I said QB first, and then just focus on defensive player the rest of draft?
That's tough because the question becomes do you want Bryce Young/CJ Stroud or Will Anderson. I think Will Anderson will be the best player in the draft, and the idea of pairing him with Hutch/Paschal/Alim is scary enticing. Guess you gotta ask do you trust a win now window with Jared Goff, vs a 5 year window with a rookie deal QB (if you hit on the selection).

I can't answer right now. I lean towards Will Anderson right now since the offense is good...but let's see how things go.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
@djthegreat88 @Ed MOTHEREFFING G @eastside313 @Piff Perkins @NigerianDonDada @Regular_P

Question, if we end up getting the 1st pick again, do you draft a QB first then defensive afterwards or get the best defensive player out the draft? or like I said QB first, and then just focus on defensive player the rest of draft?
If we get first pick that more than likely means Goff comes back down to earth. He’s a solid a QB when everything is perfect around him. Someone making 30 million a year should not need so much help to be effective. Can’t pass on Shroud or Young honestly. QB on rookie deal is so valuable. If they get top 3 pick just go hard on defense in FA and pick the QB. Go defense with Rams pick

Even though I’m skeptical of OSU QBs my gut tells me Shroud going to be star in NFL. No glaring weaknesses in his game. Id worry about Youngs size and durability

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Man we need defense. Goff is good. At the end I don't think we'll be drafting in the top 5. Maybe closer to 10

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Man we need defense. Goff is good. At the end I don't think we'll be drafting in the top 5. Maybe closer to 10
Hou, Car, WSH, CHI, PIT competing for top spot with det. Hou and Chi probably playing better football than lions right now. This was the softest part of Lions schedule and their 1-4. Cowboys, Dollhins, Packers after bye. Looking at 1-7. They will quit on Campbell if he keeps this up

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
If the Lions don't wind up with the top pick themselves, they're gonna have a chance to package that Rams pick and another future first to trade up and take a QB.
All the pressure is off and they have a last place schedule. So of course in true lions fashion they gonna string together a few more wins to put them outside of the top qbs. And the Teams above them will need a qb too.

I know all the talk Is bryce and Stroud but old boy hooker down in Tennessee looks nice too.