Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This rock bottom. Fire Campbell and let Holmes pick his own coach. That ra-ra stuff is meaningless if you can’t actually coach. Campbell can’t coach
That Vikings game broke them when Campbell pissed it away. Followed it up with the Seahawks turning into The Greatest Show On Turf. Now we're on the second straight week without even forcing a punt.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This rock bottom. Fire Campbell and let Holmes pick his own coach. That ra-ra stuff is meaningless if you can’t actually coach. Campbell can’t coach

That's why I've never liked Dan Campbell. I always said he's more like a good motivator and likeable but not a good head coach

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think IQ-wise and being strategic and being able to adjust in different situations, Dan Campbell is not good at those skill sets at all

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It's almost irrelevant at this point but why can't Holmes find a kicker? They're already on their third kicker in week five and they clearly didn't trust him today.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Nope, it's ownership.
Ownership got it right with Holmes but it really looks like them directly hiring Campbell instead of letting their new GM pick his man was a huge mistake. It's a rebuild, no one rational was expecting playoffs etc. But any team, whether they have injuries or not, cannot afford to have their coach putting them in bad situations as if it's a training simulation.

I watched people question Caldwell's intelligence and qualifications from day zero, so watching people rationalize this Campbell shyt as "well he's learning on the job as a first time coach" is insane to me. I'm not sure we can even assume 6-8 games is doing now with this guy sabotaging his team weekly. BTW I'm not talking about the Coli, I'm talking about national media as well as some Detroit media