Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

The top 6 most injured teams won Sunday. I don’t see it getting better for Campbell and fukk the excuses. I don’t see a difference between Campbell and Marinelli, I’m realistic but maybe Thanksgiving next year I’ll get what I want

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
otanomrfg5y71.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Pats blowing out the Browns with a 4th round rookie QB. Jets trounced the Packers/embarrassed Rodgers. Giants beat the Ravens. Atlanta won. Lot of teams with questionable rosters who aren't that good out here stacking wins. Beating teams they're supposed to beat, and sometimes surprising teams no one thought they could beat. Meanwhile the Lions are tied for the worst record in the league.

Hard to see how we don't end up 1-7 going into the Bears game...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Pats blowing out the Browns with a 4th round rookie QB. Jets trounced the Packers/embarrassed Rodgers. Giants beat the Ravens. Atlanta won. Lot of teams with questionable rosters who aren't that good out here stacking wins. Beating teams they're supposed to beat, and sometimes surprising teams no one thought they could beat. Meanwhile the Lions are tied for the worst record in the league.

Hard to see how we don't end up 1-7 going into the Bears game...
The whole league is mediocre besides KC, Buffalo and Philly. It wouldn't shock me if they're 1-7 but they could fall into a win or two as well.

Nobody on their remaining schedule is scary besides the Bills. Campbell has to be outta here unless they have a miraculous turnaround.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The whole league is mediocre besides KC, Buffalo and Philly. It wouldn't shock me if they're 1-7 but they could fall into a win or two as well.

Nobody on their remaining schedule is scary besides the Bills. Campbell has to be outta here unless they have a miraculous turnaround.
I can't cosign firing him or anyone after two seasons, given the disaster he inherited. Other coaches have made more with as much or less, sure. But I'm not sure a franchise like this can accomplish anything when it fires a coach after two seasons. We fire him, bring in a new guy, draft a rookie QB and more than likely you're gonna suck for two more years. Or maybe you suck one year and are ok the following year. What does that achieve?

Do I personally think Campbell is the guy? No. Do I think he's getting better? No. But let's see how this team looks as players return from injuries. If it's still terrible towards the end of next season then sure, I wouldn't bringing him back for year 4.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I can't cosign firing him or anyone after two seasons, given the disaster he inherited. Other coaches have made more with as much or less, sure. But I'm not sure a franchise like this can accomplish anything when it fires a coach after two seasons. We fire him, bring in a new guy, draft a rookie QB and more than likely you're gonna suck for two more years. Or maybe you suck one year and are ok the following year. What does that achieve?

Do I personally think Campbell is the guy? No. Do I think he's getting better? No. But let's see how this team looks as players return from injuries. If it's still terrible towards the end of next season then sure, I wouldn't bringing him back for year 4.
The fact he isn't getting better is what bothers me. Still the same bonehead decisions.

Do you believe in Ben Johnson? Maybe he's the boy wonder coach for this team. Him or Staley seem like the best bets if they didn't want a drastic change, just a better leader. Those two and Fraley are keepers from this staff.