Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
It's almost irrelevant at this point but why can't Holmes find a kicker? They're already on their third kicker in week five and they clearly didn't trust him today.
Seifert had pretty good track record. But has been hurt nonstop as lion

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Ownership got it right with Holmes but it really looks like them directly hiring Campbell instead of letting their new GM pick his man was a huge mistake. It's a rebuild, no one rational was expecting playoffs etc. But any team, whether they have injuries or not, cannot afford to have their coach putting them in bad situations as if it's a training simulation.

I watched people question Caldwell's intelligence and qualifications from day zero, so watching people rationalize this Campbell shyt as "well he's learning on the job as a first time coach" is insane to me. I'm not sure we can even assume 6-8 games is doing now with this guy sabotaging his team weekly. BTW I'm not talking about the Coli, I'm talking about national media as well as some Detroit media

He's a guy to drink a beer with. He makes too many calls based on emotional impulses.

Holmes isn't exempt from this either though. It's like the saying, when they show you who they are, believe them. I believe that the Hutchinson we saw against Georgia was the real him. He was never worthy of the #2 pick.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
He's a guy to drink a beer with. He makes too many calls based on emotional impulses.

Holmes isn't exempt from this either though. It's like the saying, when they show you who they are, believe them. I believe that the Hutchinson we saw against Georgia was the real him. He was never worthy of the #2 pick.
The top of the draft might have just been trash. Walker and Thibs aren't lighting it up either.

Imagine if he did that on the Lions.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Best and worst time to have a bye for lions. Good because of all the injuries but bad because lions fans have two weeks to sit on horrible losses. There going to get murdered by media social media

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Thibodeux and Walker aren’t doing anything either. Might have missed out on Sauce Gardner though. But with our nonexistent pass rush he’d probably look like shyt here too

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Jameson better be Jefferson/Chase/Julio like to be worth what they gave up trading for him. I’m tired of the first and second round picks not being playmakers

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I'm not gonna fault that pick. He was either going first or second, it wasn't a reach. He just doesn't look good right now but a lot of that has to do with the d-line. We don't have another edge, he's getting double teamed, and the LBs aren't doing shyt outside of Rodrigo. Whether we have a new DC next season or not I'd expect Hutch to rebound due to guys being healthy, new additions, etc. And like others have said, Walker and Thibs aren't lighting anything up either. In fact Hutch has objectively better better than them...

I still think this team is positioned to make a jump next season with the draft capitol and cap space we will have. I'm still fine with Holmes standing firm and not overspending during FA. And I'm still sold on his drafting overall. But this year is clearly going to be a disaster and I'm not sure how much more I'll be watching. At least last season it felt like young guys were getting valuable play time. Most of this season has consisted of two (drafted) rookies getting snaps. That's insane. Post-bye hopefully we see Paschal, Williams etc but man...

• Dap
Reactions: XII

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ownership got it right with Holmes but it really looks like them directly hiring Campbell instead of letting their new GM pick his man was a huge mistake. It's a rebuild, no one rational was expecting playoffs etc. But any team, whether they have injuries or not, cannot afford to have their coach putting them in bad situations as if it's a training simulation.

I watched people question Caldwell's intelligence and qualifications from day zero, so watching people rationalize this Campbell shyt as "well he's learning on the job as a first time coach" is insane to me. I'm not sure we can even assume 6-8 games are doing now with this guy sabotaging his team weekly. BTW I'm not talking about the Coli, I'm talking about national media as well as some Detroit media

Wait Ownership hired Dan Campbell? I didn't know that. Link?