Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Too often Sam Darnold had too much time to scan the field. Their OTs are good but I'm worried about the pass rush. Thats the only weakness on this team right now.
There's a difference between calling what the line was able to do "next to no help" and there's another thing to want to make a trade because we want to improve the team.

Daps
There's a difference between calling what the line was able to do "next to no help" and there's another thing to want to make a trade because we want to improve the team.
They did a really good job stopping the run, but they did not generate nearly enough pressures. This was a negative from a pass rush perspective. I'm not going to blame the line for the TD run considering Terrion crashed down too far inside.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You’re right, there was interior pressure and the LBs got some as well. I exaggerated but there were a lot of plays where Darnold had all day.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It's looking like it's his job permanently now.
If the lions don’t cut badgley and sign Jake bates they pouring jelly on themselves

They are going to sign the kicker from the Michigan panthers. Or they’d be stupid not to atleast

Another week another 60+ yarder in the lions home stadium. No excuse for him not to be a lion by September if Holmes really is the “goat”

I saw this months ago. Now let’s see if Holmes listen to me again and bring maxx home

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goff is putting up and MVP type season. Mahomes is playing worse but the Chiefs are 6-0 so he's the betting favorite for now.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Lions have players in their prime in important spots up and down the roster. If ANY team ever is equipped to trade two firsts it’s this team. Who would we even target in the first in 2025? Raiders and Browns are both looking for QBs next years draft and they need the draft capital even if they aren’t public with it. Brad better make the move.

I looked at PFF mock draft 2025 and here it is:

24. DETROIT LIONS: OL EMERY JONES JR., LSU​

The Lions are a team with few glaring needs, but they could follow the Howie Roseman approach by investing premium capital in the offensive line to keep it a strength before it becomes a need.

Jones has played right tackle for LSU over the past three seasons but may be best suited as a guard in the NFL. His versatility fits perfectly with Detroit's draft plan, especially as Kevin Zeitler is 34 years old, though they also have Christian Mahogany.

Holmes can make swings at this in round 3. Trade the fukking firsts

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Lions have players in their prime in important spots up and down the roster. If ANY team ever is equipped to trade two firsts it’s this team. Who would we even target in the first in 2025? Raiders and Browns are both looking for QBs next years draft and they need the draft capital even if they aren’t public with it. Brad better make the move.

I looked at PFF mock draft 2025 and here it is:

24. DETROIT LIONS: OL EMERY JONES JR., LSU​

The Lions are a team with few glaring needs, but they could follow the Howie Roseman approach by investing premium capital in the offensive line to keep it a strength before it becomes a need.

Jones has played right tackle for LSU over the past three seasons but may be best suited as a guard in the NFL. His versatility fits perfectly with Detroit's draft plan, especially as Kevin Zeitler is 34 years old, though they also have Christian Mahogany.

Holmes can make swings at this in round 3. Trade the fukking firsts
final_61e78c63409a0c008bc7fd3b_630953.gif.5c123646fc84f187eb9a3f0e14101046.gif

They're already loaded with a clean cap situation. If they'd already won a couple Super Bowls, I would consider keeping the picks. Until that happens, I don't give a fukk. Win one and then figure it out later.

Realistically, there is no trade they could make for Myles Garrett that would jeopardize this team going forward. His cap hit for the next three years is $20 million! Alim McNeil is gonna be making more than him. Hutch and Garrett would be a dream pairing.