Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Meh. We weren’t going undefeated anyway.

The coaches fukked us. The offense has to do better. Looks like the defense is gonna have to hold us down until the offense can figure what they want to be.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
1-7 in redzone is awful

Terrible called game by Johnson. Where the fukk is Laporta? Why the dink and dunk entire 4th qtr?

Was Reynolds that important to offense?

Goff cannot elevate a team. He will always be a manager. We can’t depend on him to win games like a Stafford can

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disappointing. The offense gotta play better brehs. I always feel like last season was their last chance to go in Super Bowl game. This season, I'm not sure.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

It’s like Johnson has a perfect blueprint of how he thinks a game SHOULD go and refuses to change until it’s too late. This game reminded me of last week with the roles reversed: Bucs were getting lots of pressure like we were against the Rams, but unlike the Rams we never adjusted to getting the ball out faster. Quick slants to Amon Ra or Raymond seemed like good ideas, with LaPorta over the middle for 5-10 yard gains. Instead we did fukk all. I'm stunned.

I think we had one endzone shot all game, maybe two. Entire game plan was designed around throwing 4-6 yards short of 1st downs.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
TB migjt be a really good team. Idk

It’s like Johnson has a perfect blueprint of how he thinks a game SHOULD go and refuses to change until it’s too late. This game reminded me of last week with the roles reversed: Bucs were getting lots of pressure like we were against the Rams, but unlike the Rams we never adjusted to getting the ball out faster. Quick slants to Amon Ra or Raymond seemed like good ideas, with LaPorta over the middle for 5-10 yard gains. Instead we did fukk all. I'm stunned.

I think we had one endzone shot all game, maybe two. Entire game plan was designed around throwing 4-6 yards short of 1st downs.

Teams are learning to take away middle of field from Goff. He doesn’t make enough throws outside and deep to open middle back up. They only took one shot deep with Jamo and hit it. League catches up to every hot coordinator. Johnson better learn to adjust

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I respect the honesty but man. Nothing he did all game could get this offense out the gutter. Amazing fake punt followed by a nice 4th down play....zero points. That's when I was like ok...this team doesn't have it.

BTW speaking of the Bosas @Regular_P....I really dislike the way Hutch plays so many snaps. Nick Bosa played 48 snaps last week, Hutch played 70. The refusal to draft or bring in guys to get his snaps down is just baffling. The risk for injury is wild. I get it, he's a wild man who has amazing endurance but he needs a legit backup. The funny thing is that someone like Davenport seems like he could have been that, but instead we're rolling with Davenport as a starter because the team seems disinterested in having two legit started edges who can play 15+ games a season. No shots at Davenport who played really good last week but he was out today with an injury...how sustainable is that across a full season.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I respect the honesty but man. Nothing he did all game could get this offense out the gutter. Amazing fake punt followed by a nice 4th down play....zero points. That's when I was like ok...this team doesn't have it.

BTW speaking of the Bosas @Regular_P....I really dislike the way Hutch plays so many snaps. Nick Bosa played 48 snaps last week, Hutch played 70. The refusal to draft or bring in guys to get his snaps down is just baffling. The risk for injury is wild. I get it, he's a wild man who has amazing endurance but he needs a legit backup. The funny thing is that someone like Davenport seems like he could have been that, but instead we're rolling with Davenport as a starter because the team seems disinterested in having two legit started edges who can play 15+ games a season. No shots at Davenport who played really good last week but he was out today with an injury...how sustainable is that across a full season.

I'm on the record about the defensive line. :yeshrug:

Look at the defensive stats. They had five QB hits today; all five from Hutch. I really wish they woulda traded for Sweat last year.

On a side note: Arizona is eviscerating LA right now.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Bucs was able to contain the Lions offense without bringing down their safeties. And they have good mlb play which affects the middle of the field.

And the Lions need a real side line to sideline 3 down linebacker

But don’t none of that matter if Goff turning back into a pumpkin. cause a couple more games like this and Sean mcvay like
:umad:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm not worried about Goof. He's had some duds each of the past two seasons and winds up fine in the long run. There's enough of a track record not to be concerned about him.

Ben Johnson is another thing. I'd like to add that for all the worries about Tampa's run defense, Detroit wound up averaging 5.1 yards per carry today (Gibbs at 6.5; Monty at 3.2 :sas2: ).