Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

shyt I've been saying for a long time. Johnson only schemes for one or two guys at a time instead of using all the weapons. That goes to the RBs as well.

I've been vocally pro-Gibbs but it's insane that they don't run a bunch of two back sets. That would make life easier for Monty as well.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
shyt I've been saying for a long time. Johnson only schemes for one or two guys at a time instead of using all the weapons. That goes to the RBs as well.

I've been vocally pro-Gibbs but it's insane that they don't run a bunch of two back sets. That would make life easier for Monty as well.

Bucs will be another test of this. Their secondary is decimated and Calijah Kancey will be out. I'd imagine they're gonna bring the house at Goff and he'll be getting the ball out quickly...which means Amon Ra and LaPorta. If ever there was a game to see Gibbs (or Vaki) with a lot of targets in space it's this. Plus Jamo...please god don't let me see him relegated back to being the gadget play guy. I better see actual routes because if Goff has time to throw...Jamo could go off again, easy. Without Amon Ra suffering....if Ben Johnson can pace things properly.

Daps
Bucs will be another test of this. Their secondary is decimated and Calijah Kancey will be out. I'd imagine they're gonna bring the house at Goff and he'll be getting the ball out quickly...which means Amon Ra and LaPorta. If ever there was a game to see Gibbs (or Vaki) with a lot of targets in space it's this. Plus Jamo...please god don't let me see him relegated back to being the gadget play guy. I better see actual routes because if Goff has time to throw...Jamo could go off again, easy. Without Amon Ra suffering....if Ben Johnson can pace things properly.
All of this is cool but the offense is built to run the ball....I'm expecting Montgomery to get at least 20 carries....especially with Kancey out. The key will be the defense. The pass rush is going to need to get home.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Isiah Williams and Iffy have been ruled out. Davenport is likely not playing. The other guys on the injury report (Penei, Jamo) will almost certainly play.

I'm def interested to see Patrick. He was really good before he got hurt a couple years ago. I'd imagine he'll spend much of the game blocking instead of running routes, given how the Lions tend to work new players into the offense. But the fact that he got elevated after a couple weeks on the team ahead of DPJ tells me he must be working hard and getting the plays down.