Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I can't see them losing to TB but Philly has a lot of talent still and could turn things around for the playoffs.
Philly can’t stop anyone defensively in the secondary since they made Patricia the DC. You can throw all day on them.

Philly might find a way past TB since Baker is really banged up, but even that’s no sure thing. Lions have the inside track to the NFCCG

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Fans booing must have got to him :russ:
He was key in Lions finally breaking drought :salute:

I don’t see how that got to him. He asked to leave. It was such a short rebuild if anything he should feel salty for leaving and having a guy plug in putting up his same stats and watching him win a playoff game and host 2.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don’t see how that got to him. He asked to leave. It was such a short rebuild if anything he should feel salty for leaving and having a guy plug in putting up his same stats and watching him win a playoff game and host 2.

I thought Stafford played great overall but the inability to get into the redzone was something we saw often against good teams when it mattered. That was a game of inches though, and I'd put more blame on McVay being conservative than Stafford. The way they didn't even try to get into FG range right before halftime was weird. And McVay's comments going into halftime about liking how they protected the ball felt like he didn't want to risk anything. He didn't trust Stafford in that moment.

I'd be pissed too if I saw how this rebuild has gone in 3 years, doing shyt he couldn't do in 12. Is it Stafford's fault overall? Hell no. Many of us spent 12 years saying you can win big with Stafford and the Super Bowl win proved us all right. But 12 years of terrible drafts, bad FA signings, and bad coaches were too much for anyone to overcome. Brad Holmes has had three better drafts than Stafford had his entire career here.....

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I thought Stafford played great overall but the inability to get into the redzone was something we saw often against good teams when it mattered. That was a game of inches though, and I'd put more blame on McVay being conservative than Stafford. The way they didn't even try to get into FG range right before halftime was weird. And McVay's comments going into halftime about liking how they protected the ball felt like he didn't want to risk anything. He didn't trust Stafford in that moment.

I'd be pissed too if I saw how this rebuild has gone in 3 years, doing shyt he couldn't do in 12. Is it Stafford's fault overall? Hell no. Many of us spent 12 years saying you can win big with Stafford and the Super Bowl win proved us all right. But 12 years of terrible drafts, bad FA signings, and bad coaches were too much for anyone to overcome. Brad Holmes has had three better drafts than Stafford had his entire career here.....
You had me until this. He needs to take some blame for the situation he was in. He could’ve gone the Tom Brady route and take team friendly deals to keep the talent we hit on. He also could’ve stood up for Caldwell and pressured ownership to keep him. Instead, he stayed neutral and suffered through Patricia.

He wasn’t the only reason the team was bad but he played a role in the way things played out.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Stafford at the end of the day was a failure in Detroit. He made a whole lot of money. Put up alot of empt stats. They’ll retire his number someday most likely. But he couldn’t elevate the Lions. Tough as hell with truly elite arm talent but he’s a good not elite QB. Stafford inconsistent accuracy and TOs were major reasons for those disappointing seasons. Feel like he shorted Calvins career too. He took a beating catching Stafford medicine balls. Kupp clearly not the same after that superbowl run. Puka a beast but that work load as WR doesn’t last. People saying he’s in HOF discussion are crazy.

The Rams went all in to get their championship and now their roster is pretty barren overall. Lions built to go on decent run starting now

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
Stafford at the end of the day was a failure in Detroit. He made a whole lot of money. Put up alot of empt stats. They’ll retire his number someday most likely. But he couldn’t elevate the Lions. Tough as hell with truly elite arm talent but he’s a good not elite QB. Stafford inconsistent accuracy and TOs were major reasons for those disappointing seasons. Feel like he shorted Calvins career too. He took a beating catching Stafford medicine balls. Kupp clearly not the same after that superbowl run. Puka a beast but that work load as WR doesn’t last. People saying he’s in HOF discussion are crazy.

The Rams went all in to get their championship and now their roster is pretty barren overall. Lions built to go on decent run starting now
We just lost to yall by 1 point with the 2nd youngest team in the league, arguably both the OROY and DROY, all our picks and a bunch if cap space :skip:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Never been a fan of stat pad ford or his maga wife :yeshrug:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
We just lost to yall by 1 point with the 2nd youngest team in the league, arguably both the OROY and DROY, all our picks and a bunch if cap space :skip:
A win is a win. Doesn’t have to be pretty

Rams are a well coached team that overachieved like a MF. But your best two players are old as hell. Stafford took a beating last night. Kupp looks like he lost a step. Puka and Williams are beast. Some decent complementary pieces. Puka only superstar I see. Their honesty built like the old lions teams with Suh that always flamed out

Lions have all their picks too and more cap space than Rams. And are also one of the youngest teams in NFL. Sewell, AmonRa, Hutchinson, Laporta, Gibbs are/will be superstars

Last edited:

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
It would take a collapse of epic proportions for Philly or Tampa to steal one at the den, we are locked in for the conference championship game as far as I’m concerned

I will say Tampa is a bigger threat to me than Philly easily, don’t want Bowles to come up with a scheme against Goff and Mike Evans to get loose and you have a trouble all of a sudden :patrice:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It would take a collapse of epic proportions for Philly or Tampa to steal one at the den, we are locked in for the conference championship game as far as I’m concerned

I will say Tampa is a bigger threat to me than Philly easily, don’t want Bowles to come up with a scheme against Goff and Mike Evans to get loose and you have a trouble all of a sudden :patrice:
We beat them already and we can do it again

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

We already beat TB in TB. Just dont think they have offensive firepower to hang with Lions. Still want no part of Philly honestly. Mobile QBs are lions killers. And their offense can wake up at anytime and win a shootout

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
A win is a win. Doesn’t have to be pretty

Rams are a well coached team that overachieved like a MF. But your best two players are old as hell. Stafford took a beating last night. Kupp looks like he lost a step. Puka and Williams are beast. Some decent complementary pieces. Puka only superstar I see. Their honesty built like the old lions teams with Suh that always flamed out

Lions have all their picks too and more cap space than Rams. And are also one of the youngest teams in NFL. Sewell, AmonRa, Hutchinson, Laporta, Gibbs are/will be superstars
Again, Rams roster is not close to being barren, have 3 All Pro 2 of which are 1st and 2nd year players, arguably DROY, one if the best draft classes and young players every where, cap space and picks. Rams went all in and won and still have a great future, not saying they're better than the Lions. Yall played great and won, congrats to yall though. Roster is not barren