Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don’t think anyone is stopping the Niners but I’ll take that #2 seed for sure which would keep us out of Dallas on the road. Like I said earlier I’m not saying we outright beat any high seeds but two home games in the playoffs with this o-line and run game? Sign me up, I’ll take those odds.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Yall gassing up 49ers too much. Lions match up better with them than Philly. Didn’t realize how soft Cowboys schedule has been and they got Dolphins and Lions up next

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yall gassing up 49ers too much. Lions match up better with them than Philly. Didn’t realize how soft Cowboys schedule has been and they got Dolphins and Lions up next
Santa Clara has the best offense in the league. Detroit has been run over by much weaker offenses than them. You already forget that Baltimore game?:comeon:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Santa Clara has the best offense in the league. Detroit has been run over by much weaker offenses than them. You already forget that Baltimore game?:comeon:
If you shut down CMC and make Purdy come from behind for once. One thing lions have done well is stop the run. Still not sold on Purdy :hubie:
Seems like baby Goff to me

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If you shut down CMC and make Purdy come from behind for once. One thing lions have done well is stop the run. Still not sold on Purdy :hubie:
Seems like baby Goff to me
They gave up 100+ yards on the ground in four straight games until Denver. :gucci:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I'm guessing a few more people will get cut/downgraded to practice squad as guys come back to the roster. Let's go.

@Regular_P Lions defense is shutting down RBs. Purdy isn't a mobile QB so that's not a concern. My concern is that he won't need CMC to beat us. He'll be sitting in the pocket for 4 seconds, throwing to whoever gets open.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I'm guessing a few more people will get cut/downgraded to practice squad as guys come back to the roster. Let's go.

@Regular_P Lions defense is shutting down RBs. Purdy isn't a mobile QB so that's not a concern. My concern is that he won't need CMC to beat us. He'll be sitting in the pocket for 4 seconds, throwing to whoever gets open.

I'd argue they haven't faced a top running back yet, at least not one with a competent passing game. shyt, when you look at the stats, Detroit has two of the top ten backs as far as yards per game.

I'm just saying, Santa Clara is a different beast and CMAC has been on another level compared to every other back this season. I have a hard time believing the best coach in the league wouldn't be able to put something together to carve up this defense. :hubie:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'd argue they haven't faced a top running back yet, at least not one with a competent passing game. shyt, when you look at the stats, Detroit has two of the top ten backs as far as yards per game.

I'm just saying, Santa Clara is a different beast and CMAC has been on another level compared to every other back this season. I have a hard time believing the best coach in the league wouldn't be able to put something together to carve up this defense. :hubie:

My issue is that this defense completely sells out to stop the run, so a team running down our throats is very unlikely (including SF). It's part of the reason why this defense has struggled so much in the second half. We're out there starting car crashes at the line of scrimmage, and even if someone gets through it'll be a 3-4 gain before getting popped by Jack Campbell or Branch. Basically I think we'd stop CMC while giving up 320+ yards to Purdy unless Gardner-Johnson and Houston are healthy and ready to rock. Pressuring Purdy is tough and he'll punish blitzes, but IF Hutch/Alim/Houston were able to move him enough in a game our offense could potentially keep up. I'd take SF in that game obviously. I thought Philly showed everyone how to beat SF last year (before Purdy got injured). It would take an Olympian effort from Hutch and our best guys to replicate that though, which is unlikely.

Flip side...I really think we'd blow Philly out in Detroit brehs.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The 49ers have to lose twice to lose that #1 seed. If Detroit won out and the 49ers lost one more time they still have the better conference record so the Lions are #2. If Detroit wins out they're the #2.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:mjlol:

Sounds like Ben said fukk that extra stress unless you pay me out the ass. I respect it. If he sticks to that he might easily end up back here next year.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
GREAT first drive from the Lions. O-line looking sturdy against the blitz, Goff picking it apart. I think they realize running up the middle isn't ideal and we're gonna just kill them to the side all day.