Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We got Broncos next Saturday and it don't look good. Sean Payton vs Dan Campbell, Sean will definitely win that battle.

We got 4 games left I see us losing maybe 2 or 3 of those game which would put us at 10-7, or 11-6

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No. They have to win a playoff game to be successful season. 1991 shyt is embarrassing
You determine what satisfies you. You don’t need my permission to be upset if it doesn’t work out that way.

As for me, I’ll be satisfied with playoff game :myman:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm hoping Hendon Hooker will compete for starting g position next year bro for real

The decision likely has to be made before then. Goff is going to want an extension before training camp starts. There was a report awhile ago that his agent is saying he doesn't want to play next year with no deal in place, which is understandable. Does this FO have the balls to risk everything and potentially blow up a good thing by adding a rookie QB into the mix? Flip side does this half of the season give anyone confidence that paying Goff 45mil is going to win division titles and playoff games? Lot of tough decisions coming up and not all of them will be in Holmes' strongest wheel house, the draft. Getting this decision right is paramount because if not you're prob looking at Jordan Love running the division for a couple years, with the Bears reloading with major resources on deck.

Another thing that scares me: lets say we stumble to the goal line and win the division while the Packers/Vikings fizzle. That means our schedule's difficulty will ramp up next year. Tougher schedule, new offense, Goff: not sure I can feel confident about that. And if we fukk this up we're gonna know it real early. Just like the Giants realized they fukked up re-signing Jones. Seahawks prob don't feel great about re-signing Geno but they had no other choice. Lions will have a choice...

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t care if we get killed in the playoffs. Making the playoffs is a successful season and I don’t see us missing it.

No, we must win a game in the playoffs, and I don't want to see a first-round loss in playoffs we can make it to the NFC conference game but not likely happen.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Drafted a speed guy that they refuse to use

These are mobile rookie QB that can't read defenses numbers. I almost fell certain Hooker could at least give us this by next year:russ:
They gotta be looking at what Jake Browning is doing in Cincy and believing Hooker could do the same in 2024.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The decision likely has to be made before then. Goff is going to want an extension before training camp starts. There was a report awhile ago that his agent is saying he doesn't want to play next year with no deal in place, which is understandable. Does this FO have the balls to risk everything and potentially blow up a good thing by adding a rookie QB into the mix? Flip side does this half of the season give anyone confidence that paying Goff 45mil is going to win division titles and playoff games? Lot of tough decisions coming up and not all of them will be in Holmes' strongest wheel house, the draft. Getting this decision right is paramount because if not you're prob looking at Jordan Love running the division for a couple years, with the Bears reloading with major resources on deck.

Another thing that scares me: lets say we stumble to the goal line and win the division while the Packers/Vikings fizzle. That means our schedule's difficulty will ramp up next year. Tougher schedule, new offense, Goff: not sure I can feel confident about that. And if we fukk this up we're gonna know it real early. Just like the Giants realized they fukked up re-signing Jones. Seahawks prob don't feel great about re-signing Geno but they had no other choice. Lions will have a choice...
It would be very shrewd to trade Goof to one of these dome teams with horrific QB situations like Atlanta or New Orleans and use that cap space to beef up the defensive line. Lotta talent could be in free agency like Chris Jones, Josh Allen, Danielle Hunter, etc.

Then they wouldn't need to pay Hooker until 2027 if he's the guy. I hope they get enough info on him during these final weeks in practice to make a decision.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Minnesota sucks. Detroit should win both games against them. The Dobbs magic has run its course.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This team has looked bad for much of the last month. You either get bad defense or a stalling offense. Today the defense played more than well enough to win, but play calling and Goff doomed us. And frankly I'm starting to think the division is about to go out the window. If that happens you CANNOT resign Goff. I don't give a fukk. His play over the last 30 days has been bad and with Denver coming in next week I see no reason to believe that will change.

This was always gonna be a tough game without Ragnow and Alim but this is unacceptable. Super clear Johnson/Campbell had zero faith in Goff in the second half and once we couldn't play the game we wanted (bully ball, run game) everything fell apart. This team cannot play from behind. The entire offense is built around run plays and St Brown being open 7-14 yards downfield. That's about it. And if that doesn't work it's basically game over.
I told you the Lions will have to fight for the division. There’s tougher games than this one left on the schedule. Denver and Dallas in particular. Minnesota is not just gonna roll over twice either. Granted them or Green Bay would damn near need to win out to get the division.

The team is much better than past teams but the party was thrown too early. They haven’t quite arrived yet. Odds are also that they’re gonna need Goff to work out unless Hooker is the man.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Screenshot-20231210-204443-Instagram.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Minnesota sucks. Detroit should win both games against them. The Dobbs magic has run its course.

While I agree it really depends on if Ragnow plays or not. If not we probably lose at least one, possibly both. Goff cannot handle that pressure. Few weeks ago I would have laughed at Minny and said ok Goff will destroy the blitz. Now? He looks lost and has happy feet back there.

Denver will be rough too. This team often looks pretty lifeless at home and Denver is the last team you want to struggle with turnovers against.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
While I agree it really depends on if Ragnow plays or not. If not we probably lose at least one, possibly both. Goff cannot handle that pressure. Few weeks ago I would have laughed at Minny and said ok Goff will destroy the blitz. Now? He looks lost and has happy feet back there.

Denver will be rough too. This team often looks pretty lifeless at home and Denver is the last team you want to struggle with turnovers against.
They just won 3-0 against the Raiders and had Nick Mullens under center. I don't care if Orlovsky comes out of retirement for both of those matcups. No way in hell Detroit should lose either game to Minny. :skip:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Vikings have 2 games against the Lions, the Packers, and the Bengals. The Lions are only 2 games up on them. If the Vikings win out they win the division. Not very likely but not impossible. The Vikings need 0 help from any other team to win the NFC North. They control their own destiny there.

The Lions needed a miracle to beat the Bears. They could have conceivably lost to them twice. Like I said Detroit is really going to have to fight for the division.