Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Think Lions offense has been figured out since Ravens game. Take away middle of field and Lions can’t do anything in passing game. No vertical element to offense. Goff doesn’t have the arm to utilize Jamo. Offensive line has no leeway especially with these injuries because Goff is such a statue in pocket

They beat a bad Raiders/Chargers teams and won the first bears game due to Bears collapse. If Carr doesn’t get hurt there is a good chance Saints come back and win that game

Highly doubt GB or Minn win out and Lions collapse. Beat Broncos and they should be confident in their position

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Had to turn this game off. The turnovers are frustrating but can be corrected.

However the defense :snoop:

Glenn gotta go. Secondary has been out of position constantly for a month now.

If teams win the toss they will go down the field and score a TD.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The Vikings have 2 games against the Lions, the Packers, and the Bengals. The Lions are only 2 games up on them. If the Vikings win out they win the division. Not very likely but not impossible. The Vikings need 0 help from any other team to win the NFC North. They control their own destiny there.

The Lions needed a miracle to beat the Bears. They could have conceivably lost to them twice. Like I said Detroit is really going to have to fight for the division.
Minnesota is not winning out. :mjlol:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Minnesota is not winning out. :mjlol:

And Green Bay is struggling tonight in NY. We're going to the playoffs no matter what, but I also think the division is still ours unless Ragnow goes down for the season.

The thing I've been wondering about...I feel like the clock has finally started for Holmes and Campbell. I don't mean that in the sense that they should be on the hot seat. Far from it. Both have over exceeded my expectations. My point is that we're finally approaching a point where some decisions will dictate their fates. This offseason is going to be massive and I'm not sure what the plan is going to be. 60mil in cap; whether Goff is re-signed or not it won't impact that number btw, since he'll be under contract regardless. Good amount of draft capital, including two 3rd round picks. There is a lot of ammo ready to elevate this team and it's gonna take a lot of hard decisions. Including letting some guys go who are locker room/culture guys. In my mind, most of the d-line has to go. Buggs, Charles Harris, both Okwaras, maybe Benito Jones. We need massive talent upgrades here or else this team will not compete next season, with a tougher schedule. And we need to upgrade that secondary, and that likely means not being sentimental. Jerry Jacobs...great story, but I'm 100% fine with letting him walk. Emmanuel Mosely....great guy, but I'm not risking another injury. Gardner-Johnson, I'd re-sign personally but I doubt Holmes does it, with Brian Branch playing so well.

There's also the Goff question. Just like with rebuilding the defense, re-signing Goff is that clock ticking moment. If you fukk this up, it destroys everything else. If you re-sign him and the turnovers carry into next season we're fukked. Long story short, those are the decisions that will dictate what happen next. I feel confident that Holmes can rebuild the defense but I'm less confident about the Goff situation. Even if we win the NFC North and win a playoff game against a bad team...I just don't know anymore.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
And Green Bay is struggling tonight in NY. We're going to the playoffs no matter what, but I also think the division is still ours unless Ragnow goes down for the season.

The thing I've been wondering about...I feel like the clock has finally started for Holmes and Campbell. I don't mean that in the sense that they should be on the hot seat. Far from it. Both have over exceeded my expectations. My point is that we're finally approaching a point where some decisions will dictate their fates. This offseason is going to be massive and I'm not sure what the plan is going to be. 60mil in cap; whether Goff is re-signed or not it won't impact that number btw, since he'll be under contract regardless. Good amount of draft capital, including two 3rd round picks. There is a lot of ammo ready to elevate this team and it's gonna take a lot of hard decisions. Including letting some guys go who are locker room/culture guys. In my mind, most of the d-line has to go. Buggs, Charles Harris, both Okwaras, maybe Benito Jones. We need massive talent upgrades here or else this team will not compete next season, with a tougher schedule. And we need to upgrade that secondary, and that likely means not being sentimental. Jerry Jacobs...great story, but I'm 100% fine with letting him walk. Emmanuel Mosely....great guy, but I'm not risking another injury. Gardner-Johnson, I'd re-sign personally but I doubt Holmes does it, with Brian Branch playing so well.

There's also the Goff question. Just like with rebuilding the defense, re-signing Goff is that clock ticking moment. If you fukk this up, it destroys everything else. If you re-sign him and the turnovers carry into next season we're fukked. Long story short, those are the decisions that will dictate what happen next. I feel confident that Holmes can rebuild the defense but I'm less confident about the Goff situation. Even if we win the NFC North and win a playoff game against a bad team...I just don't know anymore.

I hope Holmes makes some big moves but him sitting on his hands at the deadline left a sour taste in my mouth.

Montez Sweat was noticeable yesterday for the Bears and they locked him up long term. Chase Young doesn't have big numbers in Santa Clara but Nick Bosa's production has picked way up since they got Young. Leonard Williams has played well for Seattle even though the Seahawks are floundering with a touch schedule.

Draft picks are not sure things; those players (and others that were available like Hunter) would have made an immediate impact on this team. They should have added something at the deadline.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I hope Holmes makes some big moves but him sitting on his hands at the deadline left a sour taste in my mouth.

Montez Sweat was noticeable yesterday for the Bears and they locked him up long term. Chase Young doesn't have big numbers in Santa Clara but Nick Bosa's production has picked way up since they got Young. Leonard Williams has played well for Seattle even though the Seahawks are floundering with a touch schedule.

Draft picks are not sure things; those players (and others that were available like Hunter) would have made an immediate impact on this team. They should have added something at the deadline.
Free agents aren’t sure things either. Especially guys that weren’t producing before seeking a new contract. Sweat may work out for the bears but he could easily be a guy that gets his bag and cools off.

His deal is the opposite of what Holmes does. If Holmes could’ve got him on a 2 year tryout I think he’d be on our roster.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Free agents aren’t sure things either. Especially guys that weren’t producing before seeking a new contract. Sweat may work out for the bears but he could easily be a guy that gets his bag and cools off.

His deal is the opposite of what Holmes does. If Holmes could’ve got him on a 2 year tryout I think he’d be on our roster.

Also we were never going to beat Chicago's offer unless you were cool with giving up way too much draft capital. They had a better 2nd round pick (42nd) than we do (59th), that's simply the reality. Unless you were willing to trade the 2nd and another pick, which would be crazy IMO. Not to mention the prospect of paying him 100mil, which is what Chicago did. No thanks.

It's true draft picks don't always pan out but I trust Holmes based on the track record. I'd rather draft an edge starter and sign a CB starter in free agency. And given that there are really good edge rushers in this draft I'd rather keep my picks and possibly trade up to ensure we get a Jared Verse or Chop Robinson if they fall a bit.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Lions better win this game but I'm going to be honest I don't know what Lions team I'm going to see :francis:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't like that drive at all. One great St Brown pass but two passes to Montgomery? What are we doing. Why draft weapons if you aren't going to use them man.