Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
When do we get to start posting our PFF mock draft simulators :russ: Probably need to wait until after the combine.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Who yall got in line for OC?
If a QB yall like is there might as well take him so he can get it popping with the new OC both being in year 1 then kick Goof to the curb after next year.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Who yall got in line for OC?
If a QB yall like is there might as well take him so he can get it popping with the new OC both being in year 1 then kick Goof to the curb after next year.
I'd imagine we'll bring someone in instead of elevating a staff member. If Frank Reich doesn't get a HC job I'd be down to bring him in as OC for instance.

Lions aren't dropping Goff, the coach and GM confirmed it this week. It's certainly a gamble but I trust the staff. I don't think Goff is some great QB but he had a really good season and is surrounded by weapons. The goal should be to further insulate him IMO. Which means draft a dynamic RB in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft. We cannot rely on Swift for another season.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'd imagine we'll bring someone in instead of elevating a staff member. If Frank Reich doesn't get a HC job I'd be down to bring him in as OC for instance.

Lions aren't dropping Goff, the coach and GM confirmed it this week. It's certainly a gamble but I trust the staff. I don't think Goff is some great QB but he had a really good season and is surrounded by weapons. The goal should be to further insulate him IMO. Which means draft a dynamic RB in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft. We cannot rely on Swift for another season.
How many great QB’s are there? This isn’t an argument. I’m curious. I see the term thrown around without examples.

My list begins and ends with Mahomes. I can make a case that every other winning QB has flaws and is insulated with talent.

The Eagles are loaded. Allen’s life changed when Diggs showed up. Herbert is insulated with talent and hasn’t had real success, to be fair, his team is snake bitten. Jackson, no playoff wins in a system built around his skill set. Burrow, plenty of weapons. Brady, looks a lot different without his o line. Rogers was great but time has passed him by.

We can argue Mahomes has Reid and Kelce, and I wouldn’t argue against that but I have to put someone in the great box.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
How many great QB’s are there? This isn’t an argument. I’m curious. I see the term thrown around without examples.

My list begins and ends with Mahomes. I can make a case that every other winning QB has flaws and is insulated with talent.

The Eagles are loaded. Allen’s life changed when Diggs showed up. Herbert is insulated with talent and hasn’t had real success, to be fair, his team is snake bitten. Jackson, no playoff wins in a system built around his skill set. Burrow, plenty of weapons. Brady, looks a lot different without his o line. Rogers was great but time has passed him by.

We can argue Mahomes has Reid and Kelce, and I wouldn’t argue against that but I have to put someone in the great box.
It's not an argument, just a statement. He's not a top 5 QB, and may not be top 10. Mahomes is great, Allen is great, Burrow is great. Yea they have weapons but that's how you construct a great team. I hated the years where people shat on Stafford and laughed at the idea that he needed more weapons. I don't care how talented the QB is, the NFL requires you to have multiple skills players who can make plays. And while you don't need a great o-line to be a great QB (see: Burrow) it sure as hell helps. So go get those things and win games.

The Lions have those things and at times Goff looked pretty damn good. There are still pieces that can be added (a Swift replacement at RB). I'm fine with Goff as QB, and my overall point is that we don't need a top 5-10 QB to win. As Holmes said it's a lot easier to get worse at QB than better. We could draft Stroud and end up worse off. The window to win is right now...giving a rookie 1-2 years to "get it" could blow everything up.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

In house OC hopefully. Definitely in house qb, we keeping Goff.

so yall truly believe in Goff :ohhh:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
so yall truly believe in Goff :ohhh:
At this point, yeah,

He's in the "too good to replace with someone better" category. There isn't a single QB who is available that we can say without a doubt is better than Goff. A rookie qb is nothing more than a projection. David Carr, Nope. Matt Ryan..Tannehill.. Wentz.. nope.

Am I missing someone?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

More missed calls then I thought :picard:

I don't say it very often but that game looked rigged; it was that bad. Every single call from that garbage roughing the kicker call to the end of the game favored the Seahawks and they were all blatant. With gambling so prevalent, there should be real laws in place to prevent these shenanigans and have some integrity in the outcomes.