Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Pick 6 and 18 we fix our corners and decide whether we keeping Goff it’s up

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
goff was great this year
I don't see FA wise how you get a better QB and no rookie is coming in putting up those numbers.
I agree. If Holmes takes a qb it’s cuz Goff wants to break the bank and Holmes doesn’t want to pay him. I can’t see any other reason to move on.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Just for the love of god don’t take a QB at 6.

If they get lucky and Carter slips and take the QB from Florida with the second first rounder.

I’m never big on corners in the top ten, the league will never let them play ball, it’ll never be the ROI you’d think. Top ten is reserved for people with the ball in their hands or a game changing lineman.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m curious to see what Holmes does and look forward to his post-season presser in the coming days or week. He won’t give away much but it’ll be interesting. He’s in position to potentially cut a lot of guys to save cap. Okwara and Harris may be expendable due to Houston, Paschal, and Cominsky. Flip side I think we keep Vaitai but draft a G within the first four rounds.

My question is what do we do about Chark? He’s prob gonna want big money. Do we let him walk and find another WR for cheap? The missed games could really limit what he gets on the market but then again teams over pay for WRs all the time.

Finally…does Holmes take a swing at a big FA this time? LB or CB for instance. The culture is in place, Campbell said Year 3 will be about competing so bringing in a big name could be in the cards. Upgrading at middle LB alone prob takes this team to the next level. Anzelone is a great leader and I’d be fine resigning him…with the expectation that he prob won’t start. Same with Buggs. I’d resign him but the goal should be to find a DT in the draft. Pray for Jalen Carter to fall to us.
I think Chark stays. Looks like guys want to be here but you never know. If someone throws a bag at him he’s gone for sure but I don’t see it coming his way.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think Chark stays. Looks like guys want to be here but you never know. If someone throws a bag at him he’s gone for sure but I don’t see it coming his way.

I agree with you on Chark and also think Williams, Buggs, and Anzalone are key re-signings. Also Cominsky, Elliot, and Board (special teams). Will Harris could be a good depth resigning.

Cap wise we know Brockers is getting cut, and that'll free 10mil. Cutting Okwara would free 7.5mil. Cutting Vaitai would free 6.5mil. Out of those guys I would let Okwara walk due to Houston's emergence, Paschal, Cominsky, and the potential for Holmes to target another DE in the draft this year or next year.

Vaitai is super interesting. The 6.5mil savings would be nice but that would mean we either have to resign Evan Brown to starter money, or hope Logan Stenberg can make the leap and be ready to start. I'd also expect we draft a guard in April.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

I agree with you on Chark and also think Williams, Buggs, and Anzalone are key re-signings. Also Cominsky, Elliot, and Board (special teams). Will Harris could be a good depth resigning.

Cap wise we know Brockers is getting cut, and that'll free 10mil. Cutting Okwara would free 7.5mil. Cutting Vaitai would free 6.5mil. Out of those guys I would let Okwara walk due to Houston's emergence, Paschal, Cominsky, and the potential for Holmes to target another DE in the draft this year or next year.

Vaitai is super interesting. The 6.5mil savings would be nice but that would mean we either have to resign Evan Brown to starter money, or hope Logan Stenberg can make the leap and be ready to start. I'd also expect we draft a guard in April.

Elliot was low key lions most consistent player all year on defense. Definitely need him back. Elliot, Kerby, Walker a nice safety trio.

Would like Chark back but could easily see a team giving him some crazy Christian Kirk like contract. Weak WR FA class. Where Lions sitting in draft it wouldn’t shock me if they had some interest in Quentin Johnson if Chark leaves

Definitely bringing Jamaal for culture/locker room. RB are usually cheaper. Definitely need to draft a back though that can eventually take his spot

Wood, Board solid SP guys to bring back. Cominsky and Buggs definitely needs to be resigned

Biggest decision will be Vatai. Think they bring him back. When healthy he is much better G than Evan Brown. They just need to draft a developmental G to develop. Stenberg is not it

Amani lost himself so much money. Crazy fall off. CB position a hot mess. Feel like Okudah should be converted to safety and put melifonwu back to cb. But they definitely need at least 2 new cbs. UDFA coming off an ACL injury is our best corner

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Teams the Lions will play next season.
Home: Bears, Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks

Away: Bears, Packers, Vikings, Saints, Buccaneers, Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys, Ravens

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Great season and turned a corner. Hopefully you guys can build something on it for the future

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

I know there are only 32 of these jobs but Houston might be the worst job in league right now

Still probably a year too soon for Johnson. Hopefully.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Johnson has been great but Lions elite Oline and Campbell uber aggressiveness makes play calling so much easier for Johnson. Campbell probably already got somebody else waiting in the wings. He identified Johnson and brought him along

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

For some reason, it didn't really dawn on me that Sheila is the one running the Lions now. Seems like she's genuinely invested in the team and maybe that's why they finally have good people in the front office and on the sidelines.

I think that's the best description I've seen for Goff and sums up my feelings about him.