Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I wish I didn't watch this game cause shyt got me depressed again cause of the damn Seattle game. The Lions would have made it to the playoffs. fukkING REFS and NFL :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:
I didn't enjoy this like I should have. That Seattle ref job took something out of me. :francis:

Having said that, this was a beautiful win for the franchise. Finished 5-1 in the division and the one loss was the game they gave away to Minnesota early in the season. They should absolutely win the division next season.

They gave away quite a few games but the Seattle and Carolina ones were the most egregious. The defense was non-competitive against those two.

I'm assuming they'll bring Goof back as the starter. This wasn't the most inspiring effort from him but they did get the win. He needs to get in sync with Jamo in the offseason. You could tell he didn't trust throws to him even though it looks like Jamo couldn't be covered whenever he ran routes. Goof's home/road splits were crazy this season. At this point, their plan would have to be to get homefield throughout the playoffs. That's pretty ambitious...

On the other hand, by the stats, he was a top ten QB this season. Tough to say he needs to be replaced unless it's an absolute sure thing. Can't see them drafting a QB or making a move for one. :ld:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Ready for that L tonight fellas? :blessed:
lolol-lol.gif

detroit-lions-jamaal-williams-celebration.gif

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Anyone expecting to see Goff gone next year should let that dream die. In the post game show Campbell said they wanted to close the game out with Goff because they believe in him and he deserved it. He also said He’s perfect for us.

With that said, we should trade back if carter ain’t there and we can find a partner.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Hutch go two more sacks. He played better as season went on. Jets fell apart second half of season. Shouldn’t be Sauce running away. Hutch should be close DROY. His numbers for a rookie are insane

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Amazing, gutty victory. That was not the type of game a typical Lions team wins. Much less a Lions team playing for nothing. Gotta credit the culture Campbell has built. He does bonehead shyt sometimes but man...when this team plays the right way and is in position to compete for Ws it's pretty something special. Doug Peterson prob wins NFL coach of the year but Campbell should come close to winning. He deserves it too.

And...Brad Holmes deserves exec of the year. This was a masterful performance. First off we got what is bar none clearly the greatest Lions draft class of all time. Hutch, Jamo, Paschal, Joseph, Rodrigo, and James fukking Houston. Not to mention Mitchell looks good and should be a dog next year when he gets to participate in OTAs and training camp this time. Amazing class, on top of what was a great class in the previous draft too. Dunno what we do in April but I have full faith in Holmes.

And then the FA signings the Detroit media panned turned out to be brilliant. Buggs, Cominsky, Elliott...give Holmes that award man.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Lions set up to takeover North next year. Might be end of Rodgers era in GB. Their going to be in cap hell. Vikings defense as leaky as ours and there going to have to pay Jefferson QB money soon. Bears have #1 pick, most cap space in NFL but have a RB playing QB.

Their gonna get a shyt ton of cap space cutting Brockers, Okwara, and Charles Harris. Curious what they do with Vaitai. They get a bunch of cap space for releasing him too but RG was definitely the weak link on offense.

Need to find a kicker. Holmes biggest mistake so far was moving on from Prater

Holmes about to be best GM in lions history and he a breh :blessed:

Lions have 2 first, 2 seconds. Hitting on Hutch and Jamo is easy. But Kirby nose for ball is crazy. Got some ed reed, honey badger in him. Think Mitchell has potential too. He missed so much time injured. Rodrigo is solid. Would prefer he didn’t start because of his physical limitations but crazy production for 6th rd pick. Pascal was solid. Think he played well enough to take Okwara spot
Houston :wow:. Found a Von Miller clone at an HBCU

Needs 2 CBs, Anzalone replacement at LB, interior pass rusher, RG, Kicker

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’m curious to see what Holmes does and look forward to his post-season presser in the coming days or week. He won’t give away much but it’ll be interesting. He’s in position to potentially cut a lot of guys to save cap. Okwara and Harris may be expendable due to Houston, Paschal, and Cominsky. Flip side I think we keep Vaitai but draft a G within the first four rounds.

My question is what do we do about Chark? He’s prob gonna want big money. Do we let him walk and find another WR for cheap? The missed games could really limit what he gets on the market but then again teams over pay for WRs all the time.

Finally…does Holmes take a swing at a big FA this time? LB or CB for instance. The culture is in place, Campbell said Year 3 will be about competing so bringing in a big name could be in the cards. Upgrading at middle LB alone prob takes this team to the next level. Anzelone is a great leader and I’d be fine resigning him…with the expectation that he prob won’t start. Same with Buggs. I’d resign him but the goal should be to find a DT in the draft. Pray for Jalen Carter to fall to us.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
As one that has never been shy with criticizing the team and players over the years, they did some very un-Lion like things this year. I think we are at the point where we can dream a bit. Are we 'there' yet? There is still work to be done but I can wear my Lions gear and not have people looking at me like something is wrong with me. So, to that and the people that put in the work on the field and in Allen Park.

raw

It's definitely deserved

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Anyone expecting to see Goff gone next year should let that dream die. In the post game show Campbell said they wanted to close the game out with Goff because they believe in him and he deserved it. He also said He’s perfect for us.

With that said, we should trade back if carter ain’t there and we can find a partner.

goff was great this year
I don't see FA wise how you get a better QB and no rookie is coming in putting up those numbers.