Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Hopefully Swift and Hock are still on the field by then. They both will have to, to deserve a second deal in my opinion
Swift's really talented but Hard Knocks hasn't exactly convinced me he's gonna be a star. I've never been sold on Hock. I would love to be wrong but I just don't see it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Defense did some interesting things and made a lot of plays early. Offense looks terrible with Boyle out there. Blough isn't much better, but is clearly the better QB. Regardless if these dudes keep 3 QBs again I'm gonna be pissed. Zero reason for at least one of these guys to be in the league. Blough can do stuff with his legs so I'd take him.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Missing half the d-line is showing they need ozurike, Okwaras, paschel. Linebacker core was always weak. The fact that Rodriguez is stand out so much is more due to overall lack of talent for that position on roster. CB will be work in progress. Hopefully Okudah stays healthy and contributes. Parker was solid last year and Owuriyae playing for a big contract this year.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I like Holmes but we may be looking at two specific, glaring holes in him as a talent evaluator.

1. Drafting injured players. I'm not talking about Jamo, who by all accounts will be fine and has the potential to be a top 10 WR. I'm talking about these last two d-linemen, Levi and Paschal. I'm starting to think Levi might not play again. Going from "he could barely sit down without being in pain last year" to "he's 100% healthy again this year" to...being injured again with the same injury is not a good look. Paschal's injury is less severe and he should be fine, but his absence has had a huge impact on the roster depth. In both drafts we doubled down on the same position - Levi and Alim, Hutch and Paschal. I commend the double down but given the injury history I'm starting to wonder about this. Paschal also is a cancer survivor btw.

2. QB evaluation. Holmes clearly loves Goff. He helped draft him, and Goff had enough success in LA to suggest he CAN be a starter. If he's right, we'll see it this season. The offense is good enough for Goff to play well, which certainly means winning a few more games is likely; it would also likely mean we can use those two 2023 1st round picks to improve talent instead of taking a QB. IF Holmes is wrong we might have to package both of those picks to move up to get our QB. Time will tell.

But the other aspect is the backup job. These guys suck. I like Blough and think he should be the backup, but he's clearly developed as far as he can go. From here on out there's no real room for growth, and I expect him to transition into coaching in the coming years. Then there's Boyle who straight up sucks. Goff has had injuries before and missed multiple games. We need a better backup situation than this.

One more thing...we need more o-line depth, which I'd expect Holmes will address next season. I wouldn't call it a problem, yet.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Boyle got cut; Blough might get clipped as well based on the rumors.

Absolute madness that Holmes didn't address backup QB in the offseason. At least grabbed someone in the middle of the draft.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
E0ErJqz.png

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
So the QB depth chart after preseason is:

Goof
Sudfeld

Holmes has to answer for this. If Goof goes down, they might not win a game.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This the 2nd year of a complete tear down and rebuild.
I still think they should have a developmental QB at a minimum. They have enough talent to be competitive every week and finish in the 7-10 win range.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I still think they should have a developmental QB at a minimum. They have enough talent to be competitive every week and finish in the 7-10 win range.
With those d backs and no linebackers and that defense :hubie:

I think some of y’all need to pump the brakes a lil bit

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
With those d backs and no linebackers and that defense :hubie:

I think some of y’all need to pump the brakes a lil bit
You might be right and I know better than to drink the kool-aid...but I like their potential on offense. Should be able to ball control against most teams. :hubie:

Have a pretty easy schedule too. Only teams I give them no shot against are the Packers, Bills and Eagles.

Last edited: