Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The lions have to have a serious conversation about Goffs long term future cause they’re not picking top 5 again. Not with this offense
I trust whatever Holmes decides. If Stroud is there at 6-8, or wherever the Rams pick is, I’d be fine taking him. I have a feeling Holmes will go for a starter over a QB though, so likely defense. Myles Murphy will be in that 6-8 range. Or maybe a CB.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The lions have to have a serious conversation about Goffs long term future cause they’re not picking top 5 again. Not with this offense
I'm resigned to/convinced of the fact that he is going to be here for the next few years.

Ain't a damn thing we can do with this but ride it out brehs. I don't have room to hate. We have the best offensive line in the league and Goff is handling business.

Brad should just go crazy on defense in the draft and then I may have to ante up on those prices for the home playoff games next year.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I trust whatever Holmes decides. If Stroud is there at 6-8, or wherever the Rams pick is, I’d be fine taking him. I have a feeling Holmes will go for a starter over a QB though, so likely defense. Myles Murphy will be in that 6-8 range. Or maybe a CB.
Myles Murphy is a DE…that’s the last position the lions need to think about spending a first on.

Houston/Pascal/Hutch is plenty.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
DE isn’t a big need anymore. Carter won’t be available. Breese at one point was considered better recruit than Carter but got hurt and hasn’t looked as good since.

No Stingley, Sauce level cb prospect in this draft. And the Okudah experience has me scared of taking CB. They generally take a while to develop. Would rather overpay for established CB

If they go BPA I honestly wouldn’t mind Quentin Johnson if they don’t resign Chark. Wouldn’t hate Bijan either but don’t believe in draft RB that high unless you think he’s the next Gurley, Adrian Peterson, LT level back

Levis or Stroud. Prototype modern QB. Let them sit behind Goff for a year. Goff has been great but no way I’m paying Goff $40 mill a year after next year. He has all day to throw. WR, TE being schemed wide open. Good run game. He does have a perfect supporting cast right now. Philly probably only team in NFL with more complete offense than Lions

Wish there was a stud linebacker available. Trenton Simpson seems like top linebacker and he could be available with Lions pick.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
DE isn’t a big need anymore. Carter won’t be available. Breese at one point was considered better recruit than Carter but got hurt and hasn’t looked as good since.

No Stingley, Sauce level cb prospect in this draft. And the Okudah experience has me scared of taking CB. They generally take a while to develop. Would rather overpay for established CB

If they go BPA I honestly wouldn’t mind Quentin Johnson if they don’t resign Chark. Wouldn’t hate Bijan either but don’t believe in draft RB that high unless you think he’s the next Gurley, Adrian Peterson, LT level back

Levis or Stroud. Prototype modern QB. Let them sit behind Goff for a year. Goff has been great but no way I’m paying Goff $40 mill a year after next year. He has all day to throw. WR, TE being schemed wide open. Good run game. He does have a perfect supporting cast right now. Philly probably only team in NFL with more complete offense than Lions

Wish there was a stud linebacker available. Trenton Simpson seems like top linebacker and he could be available with Lions pick.
Murphy can play inside as well. The move wouldn't stun me since the Lions look for position versatility. Maybe they move Paschal inside for instance.

I'm fine with CB, and one (potential) bust can't deter us from the position. CB can take time...or not. Sauce and Surtain came into the league balling, Diggs did it too a couple years ago. The right guy in the right scheme can be good to great right away. And if he struggles instead so be it...I trust Holmes and the coaching staff to get it right. Lions spent a lot of time last year scouting Christian Gonzales, Oregon's CB.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm resigned to/convinced of the fact that he is going to be here for the next few years.

Ain't a damn thing we can do with this but ride it out brehs. I don't have room to hate. We have the best offensive line in the league and Goff is handling business.

Brad should just go crazy on defense in the draft and then I may have to ante up on those prices for the home playoff games next year.

I’m hoping he does like Dallas did a few years ago.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Murphy can play inside as well. The move wouldn't stun me since the Lions look for position versatility. Maybe they move Paschal inside for instance.

I'm fine with CB, and one (potential) bust can't deter us from the position. CB can take time...or not. Sauce and Surtain came into the league balling, Diggs did it too a couple years ago. The right guy in the right scheme can be good to great right away. And if he struggles instead so be it...I trust Holmes and the coaching staff to get it right. Lions spent a lot of time last year scouting Christian Gonzales, Oregon's CB.
It’s not about drafting bust. Just cbs generally take time to develop. Slay wasnt any good until year 3. With how much the Lions play man id rather spend on vet

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Goof is tied for 4th in the NFL in TD passes; 6th in yards; 7th in QB Rating. Ain't no way in hell Holmes is taking a QB high.

His home/road splits are insane but if they get home field next season, it won't matter. :yeshrug:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Goof is tied for 4th in the NFL in TD passes; 6th in yards; 7th in QB Rating. Ain't no way in hell Holmes is taking a QB high.

His home/road splits are insane but if they get home field next season, it won't matter. :yeshrug:
I just don’t believe that :yeshrug:. If Holmes evals Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson as elite prospects you don’t pass on them for Goff
Longterm paying Goff $40 million a year will do more harm than good. I know what Goff is and he’s not a franchise QB. Most avg QBs would look amazing in this offense.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I just don’t believe that :yeshrug:. If Holmes evals Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson as elite prospects you don’t pass on them for Goff
Longterm paying Goff $40 million a year will do more harm than good. I know what Goff is and he’s not a franchise QB. Most avg QBs would look amazing in this offense.
What tier is Goff to you? I’m so confused by your persistence with this take? Are you more concerned with the salary or an upgrade in talent?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Also think you can fix that by drafting an RB. Better run game, less reliance on Swift who will inevitably get hurt again = better Goff performance on the road.