Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Goff was playing well towards the end of last season without Johnson calling plays. I hope we keep him as OC but if he leaves I don’t buy the idea that everything falls apart. Multiple good WRs, good TEs, run game, RPO…it’s not rocket science.

Draft could be shaking out to land us the best CB available at 9, if the Rams win. The other 1sr round pick could be in the late teens to early 20s. I wonder if Holmes would take Bryan Breese from Clemson, to pair him alongside McNeill (with Buggs coming off the bench). Has injury history and some other things that could make him fall.

Last edited:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

:mjgrin:

League announcement at 4PM. 8th team expansion would guarantee us a spot if we beat GB.

I saw that. Didn’t know they were announcing so soon. I can see the 8 team expansion for 2 reasons. It makes the league more money and it gives them a peak at what a 8 team playoff would look like without a full commitment to the idea.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm more worried about Rams vs Seahawks game than the Lions game tonight cause we need Seahawks to lose. They are playing at 4:30 and the Rams are horrible this season. :lupe:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm more worried about Rams vs Seahawks game than the Lions game tonight cause we need Seahawks to lose. They are playing at 4:30 and the Rams are horrible this season. :lupe:
Don't deluded yourself into thinking the Lions have a real shot at making the playoffs. It's not statistically impossible but it's highly unlikely to happen. They could have got in beating several teams they should have beat. Had no business losing to Carolina for example. When you reach the point of needing other teams to lose to make it then its pretty much over. Green Bay for example simply needs to win and they make it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't deluded yourself into thinking the Lions have a real shot at making the playoffs. It's not statistically impossible but it's highly unlikely to happen. They could have got in beating several teams they should have beat. Had no business losing to Carolina for example. When you reach the point of needing other teams to lose to make it then its pretty much over. Green Bay for example simply needs to win and they make it.

Yeah, I get it but fukk all of that ....I WANT them to make the playoffs that would be a huge win for us, and celebrate. I still would love to beat GB even if we don't make the playoffs thou.

Those divisions games really matter especially when teams are competing to get in playoffs.

This is a big learning experience for the Lions, next season we will be way better and our record will be better.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, I get it but fukk all of that ....I WANT them to make the playoffs that would be a huge win for us, and celebrate. I still would love to beat GB even if we don't make the playoffs thou.

Those divisions games really matter especially when teams are competing to get in playoffs.

This is a big learning experience for the Lions, next season we will be way better and our record will be better.
They've done more than enough. Having luck get them into the playoffs doesn't even matter. This team is on the way up and next year shouldn't be in this I hope team X loses so our season continues position.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I thought 7 wins would be the basement for us. I thought 10 would be the max. To end up as a potential 9 win team is satisfying. This was a good year no matter how you look at it. Hopefully we have more games to play this season but if not, I can finish the year content for the first time in a long time.