Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I just don’t believe that :yeshrug:. If Holmes evals Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson as elite prospects you don’t pass on them for Goff
Longterm paying Goff $40 million a year will do more harm than good. I know what Goff is and he’s not a franchise QB. Most avg QBs would look amazing in this offense.
And if they take a QB who busts, you just set the franchise back five years. Goof is good enough to have them in the mix and they have the most 30 point games in the league.

He also plays every game.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
What tier is Goff to you? I’m so confused by your persistence with this take? Are you more concerned with the salary or an upgrade in talent?
Id put Goff in 3rd tier with guys like Cousins, Prescott, Geno, Tua
Tier 1: Mahomes, Allen, Herbertt, Burrow
Tier2: Rodgers, Brady, Hurts, Stafford, Jackson
Wild card who are probably better: Watson, Lawrence, Murray

Just feel this is the last opportunity to get franchise QB. Lions extra assets end after this year and Goff probably won’t play without extension after next year. Don’t want to be tricked into giving an avg Goff a crazy contract similar to Carr in Oak.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
And if they take a QB who busts, you just set the franchise back five years. Goof is good enough to have them in the mix and they have the most 30 point games in the league.

What's good my nikka :birdman:

Wish they would have this game for the noon time as the Lions will know if they have something to play for or not before kick off :francis:

Either way,

GB 34
Det 24

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Anyone can bust. The way Holmes is drafting I’ll trust his evaluations. If that QB hits, Lions could be Perennial Super bowl contenders

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Goof is tied for 4th in the NFL in TD passes; 6th in yards; 7th in QB Rating. Ain't no way in hell Holmes is taking a QB high.

His home/road splits are insane but if they get home field next season, it won't matter. :yeshrug:
Holmes picked Goff when he was with the Rams did he not?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Id put Goff in 3rd tier with guys like Cousins, Prescott, Geno, Tua
Tier 1: Mahomes, Allen, Herbertt, Burrow
Tier2: Rodgers, Brady, Hurts, Stafford, Jackson
Wild card who are probably better: Watson, Lawrence, Murray

Just feel this is the last opportunity to get franchise QB. Lions extra assets end after this year and Goff probably won’t play without extension after next year. Don’t want to be tricked into giving an avg Goff a crazy contract similar to Carr in Oak.
I honestly can’t see Goff getting a big contract unless he follows Johnson somewhere else.

After being stuck with Jeff fisher then getting Mcvay, then getting Lynn, the getting Johnson he has to realize situation matters.

If he can’t figure that out we should let him go to the highest bidder and do what you suggest but I feel like he’s going to sign a team friendly deal so we can keep him draped in Gucci and gold.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
What's good my nikka :birdman:

Wish they would have this game for the noon time as the Lions will know if they have something to play for or not before kick off :francis:

Either way,

GB 34
Det 24

Gonna be ready regardless. :mjlit:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Be careful. I said that at the start of the year and people said I made it up :mjlol:

Holmes said he would trade up to # 1 and draft Goff and the Rams did it.

General manager Les Snead approached college scouting director Brad Holmes and floated a hypothetical. Paraphrased, Snead asked Holmes his thoughts about moving up to No. 1 overall and who he would take at that spot.

Holmes thought back through all the prospects he'd scouted and said, "Yeah, I’d do it for Goff."

Holmes doesn't know if his answer factored into Snead's decision, but the Rams did exactly what had been suggested, sending a package of picks to the Tennessee Titans to move up and take California quarterback Jared Goff.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I honestly can’t see Goff getting a big contract unless he follows Johnson somewhere else.

After being stuck with Jeff fisher then getting Mcvay, then getting Lynn, the getting Johnson he has to realize situation matters.

If he can’t figure that out we should let him go to the highest bidder and do what you suggest but I feel like he’s going to sign a team friendly deal so we can keep him draped in Gucci and gold.
I gotta believe they're grooming someone on the staff to take over whenever Johnson gets poached. All the players love the offense. It would be madness to switch to something different with a coach from somewhere else.

Goof is signed through 2024 with a cap hit around $31 million both years. It'd be nice if he'd pull a Brady and keep his number around that but you can't expect it. :yeshrug:

I imagine they won't do an extension until after next season. 2023 is the make or break moment because they should have a team capable of competing after this offseason.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Holmes said he would trade up to # 1 and draft Goff and the Rams did it.
I know. When I said it earlier in the year someone said I was making stuff up and someone else said they don’t know how a scout would convince a gm to draft a guy :dead:

I’m pretty sure it got daps :russ:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You know what I meant. He’s the one to convince the gm to get your guy if he’s your guy and I didn’t say I wanted Goff at qb. You can’t assume Holmes is ready to move on from the guy he saw as the number 1 pick.

No i don’t know what u meant i know what u said. And i also don’t know how the rams front office works and if Holmes convinced the gm to draft Goff. You just making stuff up.

you got google. Figure it out on your own

:sas2: