Official 2022-2023 Atlanta Hawks season thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Being a basketball fan just ain't fun no more man :francis:

Watching this team play basketball is depressing. No energy, no sense of togetherness, just a bunch of guys who play together, but it’s such a selfish uninspired brand of basketball that I can’t watch this shyt for long stretches

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Some things to note:

Dre is more important to this team than I thought. That nikka being absent leaves a gigantic whole in the Hawks defense on the wing. This is probably a lottery team if him and Capela was to miss a significant amount of time. Hawks done got cooked by Brissett (Pacers), Durant, and now Lebron. Look for this to continue long as Dre is out.

Big O is a good player but he isn’t a full-time NBA Center. I don’t think he could ever replace Capela which is bad because the Hawks spent the #6 pick on him.

John will prolly be a 20-10 player elsewhere. He just don’t fit playing wit both Trae AND Murray.

Hawks may need to choose between Trae/Murray.

Nate has lost the team.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Had 2 top 10 picks in 2019 and have gotten next to nothing out of them.

Had so much promise early on but it’s looking more and more like they need to reset
You keep saying this but it's not true. Hunter is a top 11-12 SF in the NBA and yes, after 13, they suck but without a big wing who can defend other big wings and he can shoot, those guys are nearly impossible to find. You see what Bron did to us tonight. Cam flopped sadly but we got a 1st for him which we used to get Murray and if we ended up keeping that pick, it would have turned into 2nds. We did good in 2019 1st round. It wasn't perfect but the class wasn't much to write about. We took a swing and missed with Reddish.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep saying this but it's not true. Hunter is a top 11-12 SF in the NBA and yes, after 13, they suck but without a big wing who can defend other big wings and he can shoot, those guys are nearly impossible to find. You see what Bron did to us tonight. Cam flopped sadly but we got a 1st for him which we used to get Murray and if we ended up keeping that pick, it would have turned into 2nds. We did good in 2019 1st round. It wasn't perfect but the class wasn't much to write about. We took a swing and missed with Reddish.
He stays hurt and is just alright when he’s in there. “Nothing” may be strong but 2 top 10 picks returning one ok player when he plays just isn’t cutting it

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He stays hurt and is just alright when he’s in there. “Nothing” may be strong but 2 top 10 picks returning one ok player when he plays just isn’t cutting it
He's played 28 of our 36 games so far. He's missed 8 games this year. That's not a lot.

Nothing isn't just strong, it's wrong.

Saying a top 11-12 SF who is a big wing is just an okay player isn't telling to how impactful he is when he's on the floor compared to when he isn't for us. Especially in matchups with big wings.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Where there’s smoke there’s fire. Schlenk stepping down was the first domino

let's not get it twisted he was fired. Cam Reddish pick/trade, Collins extension and the team being damn near luxury tax with no significant improvement. Looks like Landry is getting the reins for the next few years.

Me and @#1 pick talked on the phone damn near 40 mins today about this team, we dont always agree but we agree a shakeup has to happen. Whether it be HC, roster construction, etc

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's played 28 of our 36 games so far. He's missed 8 games this year. That's not a lot.

Nothing isn't just strong, it's wrong.

Saying a top 11-12 SF who is a big wing is just an okay player isn't telling to how impactful he is when he's on the floor compared to when he isn't for us. Especially in matchups with big wings.
53/82 last year and 23/72 the year before. That’s quite a bit

63/82 his rookie year. So we’re talking about a dude whose been guaranteed to miss at least about a quarter of the season

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
53/82 last year and 23/72 the year before. That’s quite a bit

63/82 his rookie year. So we’re talking about a dude whose been guaranteed to miss at least about a quarter of the season
He has to do a lot. We asked him to guard 1-4 plus big wings. It's not easy on your body to do that at his size.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
let's not get it twisted he was fired. Cam Reddish pick/trade, Collins extension and the team being damn near luxury tax with no significant improvement. Looks like Landry is getting the reins for the next few years.

Me and @#1 pick talked on the phone damn near 40 mins today about this team, we dont always agree but we agree a shakeup has to happen. Whether it be HC, roster construction, etc
Facts!

I hope we hire Ime Udoka in the offseason. This offseason will be one for the ages for Hawks fans.

deeman

All Star
Daps
Some things to note:

Dre is more important to this team than I thought. That nikka being absent leaves a gigantic whole in the Hawks defense on the wing. This is probably a lottery team if him and Capela was to miss a significant amount of time. Hawks done got cooked by Brissett (Pacers), Durant, and now Lebron. Look for this to continue long as Dre is out.

Big O is a good player but he isn’t a full-time NBA Center. I don’t think he could ever replace Capela which is bad because the Hawks spent the #6 pick on him.

John will prolly be a 20-10 player elsewhere. He just don’t fit playing wit both Trae AND Murray.

Hawks may need to choose between Trae/Murray.

Nate has lost the team.
Dre is important but idk if he’s worth 95ms. Hind sight we should have let him play this season out and then see what’s up. Ever since he’s been in the league it’s been the same shyt, injuries and inconsistency.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Hunter as a wing is just ok. He is injury prone and when healthy is serviceable defensively with just ok offensive production. He’s not the problem but he’s also not a part of the long term solution IMO

@Motife43 I agree with you that Schlenk was essentially fired and now there have been other front office shakeups with personnel that have happened this wk. It makes me think we’ll be active in getting involved with a trade sooner than most teams. This season feels like it’s already slipping away