Official 2021 NBA All Star “Weekend” Thread [Covid Edition Live from ATL]

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
They really packing all this content into one day? Then again, with the way things are going currently, I can kinda see why...

IMO, the skills contest is a toss up between Luka, Chris Paul, and Sabonis.

The 3-Point contest is between Curry and... I don't know, I'm used to thinking of Curry as the front runner but we'll see.

I don't know why they're holding the dunk contest with no name players.

And the All-Star game? I will check it out, but I won't exactly be looking forward to it.

Overall, I can't say I'm excited for All-Star Day.
Cassius and anfernee got some stupid hops tho, obi flys nice but not like those two, only people interested in every level of bball know about them

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I only wanna see the 3pt contest.

fukk that wack ass dunk contest:camby:
Especially the props

81a1463c-ec5b-4b93-b2c1-456297f16c76-jpeg.jpg

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Don’t sleep on Cassius Stanley in that Dunk contest young nikka was a 5 star recruit out here went to same school bron son go to now and he used to jump like Demar did back at Compton high he going to show you something

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They're saying Embiid and Simmons are out of the All-Star game due to contact tracing for Covid-19? Really? If that truly is so, who's the last minute replacement?

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No hype. No buzz. Players dont want to be there. Ratings expected to be dreadful. People will clown and deservedly so.

There is little doubt that Sunday’s scheduled NBA All-Star Game will be the lowest rated and least-watched yet. As is no secret, sports viewership has fallen off sharply since the wave of cancellations and postponements that began a year ago this week, and that has particularly been the case for the highest-profile events. NBA All-Star Game ratings have of late settled in the high 3.0-low 4.0 range, the kind of number that prior to last year was common for second-tier sporting events. In this era, which may or may not be temporary, that is the kind of rating one gets for an NBA Finals game.

One could argue that the All-Star Game, taking place just three weeks later than scheduled, should hold up better relative to past years than the months-delayed NBA Finals. Yet there are other drags to consider than merely being played out of season. For one, the players have made clear that they have no interest in playing this year’s game. In addition, this is no All-Star weekend — all of the festivities are crammed into one night. Instead of a Friday Celebrity Game or All-Star Saturday Night, this year’s game is being preceded by two days of radio silence.

An exhibition game featuring unenthusiastic participants and zero build-up seems like a tough sell in an environment where viewers are just not tuning into mass-viewing events the way the used to. It would take only a 10 percent ratings drop for the All-Star Game to set a new record-low (the current mark is 3.8), but expect the decline to be a lot steeper than that. 44 percent sounds about right.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No hype. No buzz. Players dont want to be there. Ratings expected to be dreadful. People will clown and deservedly so.

There is little doubt that Sunday’s scheduled NBA All-Star Game will be the lowest rated and least-watched yet. As is no secret, sports viewership has fallen off sharply since the wave of cancellations and postponements that began a year ago this week, and that has particularly been the case for the highest-profile events. NBA All-Star Game ratings have of late settled in the high 3.0-low 4.0 range, the kind of number that prior to last year was common for second-tier sporting events. In this era, which may or may not be temporary, that is the kind of rating one gets for an NBA Finals game.

One could argue that the All-Star Game, taking place just three weeks later than scheduled, should hold up better relative to past years than the months-delayed NBA Finals. Yet there are other drags to consider than merely being played out of season. For one, the players have made clear that they have no interest in playing this year’s game. In addition, this is no All-Star weekend — all of the festivities are crammed into one night. Instead of a Friday Celebrity Game or All-Star Saturday Night, this year’s game is being preceded by two days of radio silence.

An exhibition game featuring unenthusiastic participants and zero build-up seems like a tough sell in an environment where viewers are just not tuning into mass-viewing events the way the used to. It would take only a 10 percent ratings drop for the All-Star Game to set a new record-low (the current mark is 3.8), but expect the decline to be a lot steeper than that. 44 percent sounds about right.

fukk it. Zion dropping 50 anyway!:blessed: