Official 2021 NBA All Star “Weekend” Thread [Covid Edition Live from ATL]

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I won't be watching and unlikely that the dunk contest will be worth looking at after. This compacted format makes no sense. All star weekend is supposed to be an entertaining event even if no fans are in attendance. But then again maybe the league too busy counting all that top shot money to worry about the actual presentation of the game. :yeshrug:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s a reason why everything is the same day. With no fans attending, the players wouldn’t show up either so now you have these events with no fans and no players so it looks even worse. At least tomorrow the players will be there since They’re gonna be in the building for the all star game. It’s dumb but the alternative is worse

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
There’s a reason why everything is the same day. With no fans attending, the players wouldn’t show up either so now you have these events with no fans and no players so it looks even worse. At least tomorrow the players will be there since They’re gonna be in the building for the all star game. It’s dumb but the alternative is worse

So they won't at least bring 5000 fans in the stadium? I'm shocked since Atlanta is basically back in business as far as Covid

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As you said whole thing is stupid so they might as well go all out at this point they don't give a fukk about the players or staff.
I think that’s something they would have to clear up with the mayor and she already said she wasn’t down with an all star game. Idk I could be wrong but whatever. Like someone said before, I think it’s more about satisfying their tv partners more than anything

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I think that’s something they would have to clear up with the mayor and she already said she wasn’t down with an all star game. Idk I could be wrong but whatever. Like someone said before, I think it’s more about satisfying their tv partners more than anything

Naw you right she said that from when they first announced it