Official 2021 Game Delay Thread

Daps
Where are you getting this MGS remake coming out this year thing from? If we get ratchet, kena, a Metal gear solid remake, and TLOU2 ps5 patch and factions, thats a GOAT year.:childplease:
nah breh delaystation somedaystation 5 names are warranted after that
rumors put the remake for this year but that and the TLOU2 patch and factions will probably release in 2022 too :mjlol:
I'm not a stan or fanboy so I'm not going to juelz and do mental gymnastics for Sony

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

GT has gameplay footage out there and it’s getting delayed to, for all intents and purposes, late 2022.

God of War Ragnarok has a splash screen and y’all STILL think it’s coming this year?
giphy.gif

Daps
GT has gameplay footage out there and it’s getting delayed to, for all intents and purposes, late 2022.

God of War Ragnarok has a splash screen and y’all STILL think it’s coming this year?
giphy.gif
We all know Ragnarok likely to get delayed but it having a splash screen has nothing to do with it
The guy who broke GOW 2021 already said the game is far along and has near photo realistic graphics
The story for the sequel was already done when the first game released and they finished motion cap before COVID hit
When the game releases depends on how much left they had to complete before COVID took over
We better hope something makes the 2nd half of 2021, especially as a PS5 owner
It might be R&C as the major AAA release w/ not much else for the rest of the year in terms of exclusives

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

giphy.gif

Literally no one believes gow ragnarok was gonna come out this year lol. Like point me to anyone besides @Deep_Black_Conscious who has ever thought that. Lol

And if you know the history of gran turismo you know that shyt is getting delayed for two years

Daps
Literally no one believes gow ragnarok was gonna come out this year lol. Like point me to anyone besides @Deep_Black_Conscious who has ever thought that. Lol

And if you know the history of gran turismo you know that shyt is getting delayed for two years
let'swaitstation 5:mjlol:
I want GOW to make it since everything else will get delayed
Could give af about a CROSS GEN horizon complete waste
that probably getting delayed too
release in 2022 only to still be cross gen :snoop:
crossgenstation 5
nextyearstation5 :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
let'swaitstation 5:mjlol:
I want GOW to make it since everything else will get delayed
Could give af about a CROSS GEN horizon complete waste
that probably getting delayed too
release in 2022 only to still be cross gen :snoop:
crossgenstation 5
nextyearstation5 :mjlol:

Nothign wrong with cross gen. Halo infinite is cross gen

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
:mjgrin: I guarantee y'all Horizon Z2 will drop this year. I for some reason don't see a PS4/PS5 game getting delayed to 2022.

Daps
:mjgrin: I guarantee y'all Horizon Z2 will drop this year. I for some reason don't see a PS4/PS5 game getting delayed to 2022.
GOW could be a ps4/ps5 game getting delayed to 2022 :mjgrin::mjcry:

However, if it does make 2021, is PS5 exclusive, and is far above and beyond anything else in terms of gameplay and graphics, then that logo and release year reveal was a marketing move but not in the way people thought

3.5 years is a LONG time for Santa Monica who have a development cycle history of 2-3 years (exception is GOW but that was because they had to create the engine)

They would have had several months to assess COVID's affect on development time
Before March 2020, if it was already scheduled for 2021, and they still announced 2021, most likely any delay caused by COVID still placed the game within 2021 since they had since March to assess when they announced in September.
Otherwise other things could be true like people's speculation of Sony marketing to sell units even though that wasn't necessary since the hype was through the roof
If it is beyond anything else, who would care about any of the games releasing until Ragnarok comes?

But if they delay Ragnarok to 2022 and it's cross gen :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
PS5s might not exist until 2022 :russ:
Until after the first half of 2022. Each major release will increase the already existent hype driving sales through the roof. AMD saying shortages until then. If there will be shortages from now until the first half of 2022 I think Sony is going to stock pile large amounts of PS5s for certain parts of the year e.g. this holiday. This is why I think Ragnarok is targeting 2021 to boost sales but 2022 is also likely for quality. Ragnarok being PS5 exclusive makes sense for that scenario since you will have no choice but to get a PS5. This will drive the hype to hysterical levels where everyone is going to feel like they need a PS5 to play games like Ragnarok. Jim Ryan has spoke about it but I think Sony knows they most likely won't be able to meet demand until Summer or Holiday 2022

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Until after the first half of 2022. Each major release will increase the already existent hype driving sales through the roof.

had a feeling that could have been the plan from the start. they might be able to afford being sleep for now. but if all those games start raining in at once with an out of nowhere store stock up and bundles... it could be :snoop::pacspit: now and

:krs::salute: "we never doubted y'all" spring 2022