Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
So they voted for Biden cause he wants to maintain the status quo which isn't working all that great for black people?

That is some fukking twisted logic.

I'm not sour just because they didn't vote for Bernie, but they didn't even give Stayer a look when he was the candidate trying the hardest to speak to black issues specifically. a shyt, voting for a candidate like Biden who offers nothing but the status quo and wholly ignoring Stayer, continues the precedent that you don't have to earn black people's votes. You just appeal to their emotions, get the pastors and long time politicians in your pocket and you are good to go.

Which candidate in the future is going to invest that heavily in appealing to black issues in South Carolina again after last nights embarrassment?

S.C gotta hold this monumental L.

Funny how these #Notangiblesnovote people scream at the top of their lungs about reparations, but never supported Tom Steyer or Marianne Williamson like that. The second and final candidate that supported reparations, dropped out the race. At this point, they were never really that serious about what they claim what they stand for. I didnt mind Bernie not getting 1st place in SC at all, just that Steyer would have been a lot better alternative than Joe Biden for the top pick.

So all this wasnt about reparations, because if it it truly was, they would be on some #BernieBros type shyt and donating relentlessly, while organizing on some Black Panthers shyt. All this was, is voter suppression of both the reparations candidates, the progressives, and the Dem establishment.

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
This is what you reduce their experience to...just wow. :gucci:

even if this, off base, analysis is how their lives went, they quite rightly should be able to sit back and enjoy stability after literally being the generation getting their heads bashed in to obtain stable middle class lives

I'm not reducing their experience breh. Just trying to give some insight for the people bashing these voters because they aren't for "Revolution". I read a lot of comments disparaging these people today. A group that includes my own parents. Maybe that didn't translate well on a message board, but I'm not mad that they voted for Biden:hubie:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A significant portion of sanders supporters are c00ns, misogynists and flat out racists. Go on twitter now and read the comments under warren thread and its all she is a whore and every-other misogynist slur in the dictionary, its back to the same blacks are too stupid to know whats good for them, how dare black people not bow down to the saviour bernie. Justice democrats the tyt partisan hack group didnt flip a single republican seat in the house or senate in the midterms, the 40 seats dem got were moderates and by white suburb gains with minority vote. They arent that different from trump supporters, equally as vile and racists.

The irony in this post :banderas:

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
I don't like the fact that Joe Biden kept telling us Black voters here to do something for HIM, but never said what he'll do for US.
This is what happens when you blindly give your vote to someone without any conditions. :manny: Why should he do anything for you when you're just going to vote for him regardless?:yeshrug:

Shikamaru

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny how these #Notangiblesnovote people scream at the top of their lungs about reparations, but never supported Tom Steyer or Marianne Williamson like that. The second and final candidate that supported reparations, dropped out the race. At this point, they were never really that serious about what they claim what they stand for. I didnt mind Bernie not getting 1st place in SC at all, just that Steyer would have been a lot better alternative than Joe Biden for the top pick.

So all this wasnt about reparations, because if it it truly was, they would be on some #BernieBros type shyt and donating relentlessly, while organizing on some Black Panthers shyt. All this was, is voter suppression of both the reparations candidates, the progressives, and the Dem establishment.
South Carolina showed there is a generational divide between the young and black voters. Older voters do not care about reparations.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
South Carolina showed there is a generational divide between the young and black voters. Older voters do not care about reparations.
Older voters lived through the civil rights era and managed to make themselves a living. Reparations are probably not a priority for them. Young people see things differently. I can understand and respect both positions.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
This is what happens when you blindly give your vote to someone without any conditions. :manny: Why should he do anything for you when you're just going to vote for him regardless?:yeshrug:
Seems more like a rejection of Bernie's(who also hasn't promised anything to blacks) path forward than anything.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
anyone know where his votes are mostly projected to go?
Biden?
I think the biggest share will go to Biden and Warren but significant to Bernie too. It shouldn't have a big impact on the race other than maybe getting Warren up above the bar in a few more places. She really wishes he had dropped out before Iowa/New Hampshire.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Seems more like a rejection of Bernie's(who also hasn't promised anything to blacks) path forward than anything.

Don't turn into one of them.

Bernie has specifically promised the Black community that he will fight for free tuition at HBCU's, extra funding at HBCU's, end redlining in the mortgage industry, end banking and insurance discrimination, reinstall the voting rights act, end gerrymandering, end environmental discrimination against minority communities, immediately study and address the massive disparities in child mortality and maternal mortality among Black mothers, address racial discrepancies in police behavior including the hiring and promotion of more Black cops, institute Rep. Clyburn's 30-20-10 plan, and enact H.R. 40.

More broadly, he has promised to help the Black community as well as other systematically disadvantaged communities by instituting free health care for all, make tuition free at public schools, cover all associated college costs (room, board, books, fees) for students from families making under $25,000, have a mandatory federal investigation of every police-related shooting, end private prisons, end the war on drugs, legalize marijuana, substantially reduce incarceration, limit marijuana distribution to those who had previously been affected by anti-drug laws rather than putting it in corporate hands, re-enfranchise ex-felons, abolish burdensome ID laws and make voter registration an automatic process, end cash bail and reform asset forfeitures, raise the minimum wage to $15, and institute a federal jobs guarantee.

Saying he "hasn't promised anything" is bullshyt. Bernie wishes to fundamentally overhaul the system in ways that will substantially change the lives of Black folk. Biden has basically fought for the status quo. It's a night and day difference.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Saying he "hasn't promised anything" is bullshyt. Bernie wishes to fundamentally overhaul the system in ways that will substantially change the lives of Black folk. Biden has basically fought for the status quo. It's a night and day difference.

:russell:More performative "ill fight for" rhetoric… he offers little to no specifics as to how and seems to rely on his plan for income inequality to answer all questions.

The college stuff... I means its great, but I believe that if we aren’t addressing k-12 we aren’t serious about education and the disparities within/stemming from it.

:sas1:Warren on the other hand offers specifics complete with dollar amounts and budgetary offsets… she has section on her site dedicated specifically to entreponikkas and breh farmers. She separates k-12 from college and has comprehensive plans for both.

She’s also open to reparations.

With Steyer gone shes the wave for any black person who places race before class.:sas2:IMO of course.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:russell:More performative "ill fight for" rhetoric… he offers little to no specifics as to how and seems to rely on his plan for income inequality to answer all questions.

The college stuff... I means its great, but I believe that if we aren’t addressing k-12 we aren’t serious about education and the disparities within/stemming from it.W

:sas1:Warren on the other hand offers specifics complete with dollar amounts and budgetary offsets… she has section on her site dedicated specifically to entreponikkas and breh farmers. She separates k-12 from college and has comprehensive plans for both.

She’s also open to reparations.

With Steyer gone shes the wave for any black person who places race before class.:sas2:IMO of course.

And I talked about this before, it's Congress who writes the specific plans anyway, the executive branch just sets the agenda and then signs and enforces them, so why do you think that Warren's plans will make a meaningful difference in the next administration when she'll get to put those same plans into practice in the Senate if Bernie is the president?

Plans do matter, of course, if they are indicative of whether a candidate is serious about Black issues or not. I've already spammed Bernie's history, statements, videos, and agenda on here enough times to suggest that he is extremely aware of Black disparities in America and committed to addressing him. Which of Warren's plans do you not believe he would sign?