Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
Why does Bernie have to give away every little detail of how he will accomplish his promises in order for people to 'believe' him. When other democrats aren't held to the same standards especially the moderates. I haven't heard a peep about the details of how Biden, Amy, Bloomberg, Steyer will go about accomplishing their promises.

I am tired of folks putting everything under a microscope for Warren and Sanders and leaving out the others. Blacks in SC just gave their vote for Joe when I don't even know what he stands for. How gullible are they to give their vote to someone because Obama choose him as the safe white guy.

Don't get me wrong I also believe that a lot of the stuff Bernie says will be difficult to accomplish and he will have to compromise but in politics you have to lie to get to the throne first to even give yourself a chance. Politics is also about rallying "uninformed" voters and making them believe in you. Bernie seems to be doing that through social media propaganda.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
And I talked about this before, it's Congress who writes the specific plans anyway, the executive branch just sets the agenda and then signs and enforces them, so why do you think that Warren's plans will make a meaningful difference in the next administration when she'll get to put those same plans into practice in the Senate if Bernie is the president?

Plans do matter, of course, if they are indicative of whether a candidate is serious about Black issues or not. I've already spammed Bernie's history, statements, videos, and agenda on here enough times to suggest that he is extremely aware of Black disparities in America and committed to addressing him. Which of Warren's plans do you not believe he would sign?
I don't doubt he would sign any, but he hasn't taken the time to outline them as clearly.
I find it difficult as black man to support him over a candidate that has outlined the specifics and supports reparations :yeshrug:
I also believe Warrens MFA without abolishing private care has much better chance of being realized than his sweeping reforms.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Why does Bernie have to give away every little detail of how he will accomplish his promises in order for people to 'believe' him.
He doesn't... his competitor has.
Whats wrong with giving her a plus for doing so? and believing in the workability of her detailed agenda?

:heh:@ Joe Biden/
Its a two horse race imo

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
He doesn't... his competitor has.
Whats wrong with giving her a plus for doing so? and believing in the workability of her detailed agenda?

:heh:@ Joe Biden/
Its a two horse race imo
There's nothing wrong with Warren. Aside from the fact that I believe this country isn't ready for a female president but that's my own personal opinion so it doesn't matter. She would be a great VP and their agendas align very well. I also believe that when two candidates have the same agenda you vote for the one leading because your vote goes further. I feel that Bernie has been talking like this for the last 20 years, he has some skin in this game now. I wish he was a bit younger to have more energy on stage. He needs to defend trumps assaults by spewing some back.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't doubt he would sign any, but he hasn't taken the time to outline them as clearly.
I find it difficult as black man to support him over a candidate that has outlined the specifics and supports reparations :yeshrug:
I also believe Warrens MFA without abolishing private care has much better chance of being realized than his sweeping reforms.

If we were choosing in a vacuum where both candidates were valid choices, that would be a relevant discussion. Last year my Sanders/Warren comments looked like this:

Right now I wouldn't mind if either Sanders or Warren won and I'm like some of Yang's ideas to keep getting airplay. No one else has impressed me enough yet.
I like Warren too, more than Bernie in several ways
Sanders and Warren in particular are far better.
But it's stupid to pit Warren and Bernie against each other when there are far more important battles out there. Warren needs to be fighting for name recognition and proving that she can campaign nationally at all. I'd be happier with her as the nominee than almost anyone else (I'd rather not support Bernie as old as he is), but she doesn't look like she has a great shot yet and siphoning a couple people off Bernie ain't gonna get her there.
And I'm not engaging in the Bernie vs. Warren debate. I'd happily support either and I'm not invested in either. Whichever one of them can win is fine by me.
I like Bernie a lot but I think I'm starting to agree that Warren is the more viable candidate at this stage.
I'm beginning to think that Bernie may have peaked, and not in a bad way.

He's the radical that said stuff no one was willing to say in 2016. He changed the entire conversation. Back then there was just one Bernie, now it feels like everyone other than Biden is defined by how many of Bernie's ideas they're promoting.

At his age, and without the stark choice that he used to be presenting between himself and the establishment, he's not necessarily the best choice for 2020 anymore. I'm not saying he should drop out right now or anything, but I think he might be on a downward trend that's going to last. But if the result of his candidacy is that Warren or Harris or any number of the young up-and-comers is promoting his ideas in the majority of their platform, he'll have done his good work. They just have to finish the job and actually win the damn election.

Spring 2019 I was like "I like them both but Bernie has a better shot", then in the fall when Warren made her push into the lead I went with "Okay, now it's Warren time." Either one was good, but if you wanted to draw distinctions then 2019 was the time for that.

Now? Warren has literally no shot. So if you are a fan of Warren's plans and you believe that Bernie would enact Warren's plans (just like Obama enacted some of Clinton's plans), then why not vote for Bernie, the candidate with an actual shot at the nomination? Because I really don't see Biden or Bloomberg setting a progressive agenda for 2021 or barnstorming the vote for progressive candidates who will actually get this shyt passed.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Well said, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get fully behind a candidate that hasn't yet outlined

A. How much things will cost
B. How they will pass
C. How they plan on taking back/keeping the house/senate

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I believe this country isn't ready for a female president but that's my own personal opinion so it doesn't matter.
I thought this last election, but Hillary got more votes...
That kind of... well not kind of, it completely proves it false.

That said, the country definitely is not past sexism...

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dead, how many times do you i have to tell you. you have to think bigger. you can't think" well the stuff he's saying will never get passed." they said that with the ACA and look at us now. people with prior health issues actually able to receive coverage without that BS pre-existing clause. these are things i argued with a lot of the same people back then. stop ...being...scared.

In addition. MFA with a private option is BS in america. because all that will happen is this. all the super young/super healthy people will goto the private plans, and the super duper sick people will all end up on the government Medicare plan. this will bankrupt the medicare plan because there will not be enough tax dollars from people who are relatively health to cover those that are not. this is how ALL insurance works.

You car insurance works because there are more people that never get into serious accidents vs those that do. us that dont get into constant big accidents help pay the bills for the times you get into those accidents. if everyone had an accident at the same time, the insurance company couldnt and wouldnt pay any of us. remember Katrina and how home insurance carriers were going bankrupt, and trying not to pay because they couldnt. for this very same reason.

The reason obama made you pay a fine for not having healthcare is because you have to have that money from the healthy people not burdening the system to help cover the cost of those that do. its a we're in this together plan. Thats why any other version of it that you've heard so far is BS. so of course those other versions would be easily passed, they're not actually doing anything.

now to the black stuff. I'll say this again. i could care less if you call my name as long as you help me I do not care.

some of yall really just want to hear the words "Dead7 policy".

if all dead needed was business loans. and i chose to call my plan the business loans plan. what difference does it make? Dead7 is going to get a business loan at a super low rate.

but nope, thats not enough for some black folks.t hey literally want to hear a politician say the words "BLACK PLAN."

its like come on yall stop being so easy. because the moment you ask for that you're allowing these snakes to use those buzzwords to pull you in. Pete "the douglas plan" . If someone just says Reparations and blacks need it. but does nothing to help us get it (Tom Steyer). i mean that man bought a prison yall. there's no reason to do that unless you're trying to make money. Tom knew good and da... well who was normally locked up in those prisons. yet he bought it anyway. but as long as he said black banks and reparations. black folks were all in for Tom.

let me expand that, lets look at the field.

a white woman named liz who lied about being a native to get some actual native's tangibles. how shady is that? would you trust someone like that not just on an issue with her fighting the banks. but on other issues regarding black folks?

then you had Amy on the stage and she's so called tough on crime + lock up them N words and brown people. Which is how she won her elections in those purple areas and red areas. i told yall just cause you have a D by your name and a blue jacket on. I wont trust you, especially if you're in a swing state or red part of your state/city. i will assume the worse. Amy locked up a teenager that was innocent. the teen is now a grown man. she could do everything in her power to get him out. she isnt trying that hard. So she's putting Nwords in Steyer's prison. for the black silly people who dont pay attention.

Bloomberg stopping and frisking black and brown folks at that rate means quite a few people will end up in jail that were innocent and should not be there. bloom will send them to steyers' old jail.

then you have Joe I wrote the crime bill biden. that sent most of steyers inmates to him.

and then you have bernie. never to my knowledge lied about who he was. a jewish dude riding for Palestinian rights too? he didnt have to do that.

was out there marching with black people in the streets, while biden is lying about being arrested in africa lol.
bernie is actually trying to push a King like agenda and has been doing this for 30+ years. i gave yall that article with him as mayor in Burlington and how did these very same things right in that city/town. and a lot of what he did way back then is still viable right now in that town. thats a sign of someone who did it right. thats also a sign of someone who is genuine. can you say the same for any one else on that stage? NOPE.

If you do something to fix the prison industrial complex you are fixing a black problem. because per capita there's way to many of us in jail.
if you fix the minimum wage issue. thats a black problem. we know how many of us earn minimum wage or very close to it.
if you fix healthcare, its not only going to give us access and save some lives, but it will also keep black folks from going bankrupt due to a few medical bills. If i dont have to worry about my employer providing my medical insurance. i can leave a dead end job even if i have a sickly child and go work for a company where i feel i can have a nice career and earn more money over time.

you release a lot of black people (especially black women who are going to college more than the men) from ridiculous student loan debt. some people will have the money or savings to buy a home, put some cash into investments, etc. it would also stop the fears of going into debt giving black folks less of a reason to not goto college.

Bernie also has a real homeless plan. as usual black people are super high on the homeless list per capita.

He's talking about allowing workers to be on corporate boards. imagine have a black say in what happens on a companies board and not a well off rich black person that may be out of touch. but someone thats downstairs packing boxes, or doing inventory.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
dead, how many times do you i have to tell you. you have to think bigger. you can't think" well the stuff he's saying will never get passed." they said that with the ACA and look at us now. people with prior health issues actually able to receive coverage without that BS pre-existing clause. these are things i argued with a lot of the same people back then. stop ...being...scared.

In addition. MFA with a private option is BS in america. because all that will happen is this. all the super young/super healthy people will goto the private plans, and the super duper sick people will all end up on the government Medicare plan. this will bankrupt the medicare plan because there will not be enough tax dollars from people who are relatively health to cover those that are not. this is how ALL insurance works.

You car insurance works because there are more people that never get into serious accidents vs those that do. us that dont get into constant big accidents help pay the bills for the times you get into those accidents. if everyone had an accident at the same time, the insurance company couldnt and wouldnt pay any of us. remember Katrina and how home insurance carriers were going bankrupt, and trying not to pay because they couldnt. for this very same reason.

The reason obama made you pay a fine for not having healthcare is because you have to have that money from the healthy people not burdening the system to help cover the cost of those that do. its a we're in this together plan. Thats why any other version of it that you've heard so far is BS. so of course those other versions would be easily passed, they're not actually doing anything.

now to the black stuff. I'll say this again. i could care less if you call my name as long as you help me I do not care.

some of yall really just want to hear the words "Dead7 policy".

if all dead needed was business loans. and i chose to call my plan the business loans plan. what difference does it make? Dead7 is going to get a business loan at a super low rate.

but nope, thats not enough for some black folks.t hey literally want to hear a politician say the words "BLACK PLAN."

its like come on yall stop being so easy. because the moment you ask for that you're allowing these snakes to use those buzzwords to pull you in. Pete "the douglas plan" . If someone just says Reparations and blacks need it. but does nothing to help us get it (Tom Steyer). i mean that man bought a prison yall. there's no reason to do that unless you're trying to make money. Tom knew good and da... well who was normally locked up in those prisons. yet he bought it anyway. but as long as he said black banks and reparations. black folks were all in for Tom.

let me expand that, lets look at the field.

a white woman named liz who lied about being a native to get some actual native's tangibles. how shady is that? would you trust someone like that not just on an issue with her fighting the banks. but on other issues regarding black folks?

then you had Amy on the stage and she's so called tough on crime + lock up them N words and brown people. Which is how she won her elections in those purple areas and red areas. i told yall just cause you have a D by your name and a blue jacket on. I wont trust you, especially if you're in a swing state or red part of your state/city. i will assume the worse. Amy locked up a teenager that was innocent. the teen is now a grown man. she could do everything in her power to get him out. she isnt trying that hard. So she's putting Nwords in Steyer's prison. for the black silly people who dont pay attention.

Bloomberg stopping and frisking black and brown folks at that rate means quite a few people will end up in jail that were innocent and should not be there. bloom will send them to steyers' old jail.

then you have Joe I wrote the crime bill biden. that sent most of steyers inmates to him.

and then you have bernie. never to my knowledge lied about who he was. a jewish dude riding for Palestinian rights too? he didnt have to do that.

was out there marching with black people in the streets, while biden is lying about being arrested in africa lol.
bernie is actually trying to push a King like agenda and has been doing this for 30+ years. i gave yall that article with him as mayor in Burlington and how did these very same things right in that city/town. and a lot of what he did way back then is still viable right now in that town. thats a sign of someone who did it right. thats also a sign of someone who is genuine. can you say the same for any one else on that stage? NOPE.

If you do something to fix the prison industrial complex you are fixing a black problem. because per capita there's way to many of us in jail.
if you fix the minimum wage issue. thats a black problem. we know how many of us earn minimum wage or very close to it.
if you fix healthcare, its not only going to give us access and save some lives, but it will also keep black folks from going bankrupt due to a few medical bills. If i dont have to worry about my employer providing my medical insurance. i can leave a dead end job even if i have a sickly child and go work for a company where i feel i can have a nice career and earn more money over time.

you release a lot of black people (especially black women who are going to college more than the men) from ridiculous student loan debt. some people will have the money or savings to buy a home, put some cash into investments, etc. it would also stop the fears of going into debt giving black folks less of a reason to not goto college.

Bernie also has a real homeless plan. as usual black people are super high on the homeless list per capita.

He's talking about allowing workers to be on corporate boards. imagine have a black say in what happens on a companies board and not a well off rich black person that may be out of touch. but someone thats downstairs packing boxes, or doing inventory.
All of this will be ignored fam

We been telling these dudes about Bernie since 2016

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still very odd that Obama hasn’t come out and endorsed Biden.
its not odd. he knows bidden is a loser when it comes to running for president. he also knows that joe is not the best choice, but he may be the only choice the establishment has. no one BELIEVES joe is the best choice. no one thinks joe is a good choice. he's literally the establishments only choice.