Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
You missing the forest for the trees. The president of this country is a racist and has embolden racists through his support and the silence of his party. If you don't think it could get any worse for us, you're crazy.

I'm not missing the forest chief.

This country has had plenty of outwardly racist presidents.
And did you not pay attention to how embolden racists got during the 8 years of Obama :dahell:

And shyt getting worse for us, the nation, the world is baked into the cake. There ain't no avoiding a shyt storm.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Either play fair or trim the field.
Pandering to the favorites, giving them extra time, shutting down other candidates' mics only reinforces that they are the favorites.
No point even inviting someone to cut their mic and minimize their time.

IF that's the case and they are already rigging this election, then I don't want to hear anybody saying there wasn't any funny business going on.

He keeps embarassing himself. He let De Blasio and Castro son his ass.

Go back to Texas and run for Senator.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

So tired of this appeal to moderates narrative, that has all these NY Times type Republicans wringing their hands, who are the conversion ready Trump voters? They largely don't exist. It's all just a more moderate form of Trump's appeal to politics and white male voters.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I don't have the numbers, I suspect no one does, but you can turn the election if 70k plus voters from 2016's failed three states, turn up and vote Democract this year. I would think, Trump, being so extreme, there is very few that will vote against him in 2020, that voted for him in 2016. I just don't see that as a significant amount of the voting public. Obviously, anecdotal, but all my Dad's friends, who are Trump supporters, one way or another, not one would even consider voting Democract in 2020. They aren't affected by his negative policies, they may even accept he's unfit for office, but he serves their financial and to a lesser extent social interests. And these are not hillbillies or working class guys, so if they aren't flipping, I doubt Joe SixPac in Wisconsin will.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't have the numbers, I suspect no one does, but you can turn the election if 70k plus voters from 2016's failed three states, turn up and vote Democract this year. I would think, Trump, being so extreme, there is very few that will vote against him in 2020, that voted for him in 2016. I just don't see that as a significant amount of the voting public. Obviously, anecdotal, but all my Dad's friends, who are Trump supporters, one way or another, not one would even consider voting Democract in 2020. They aren't affected by his negative policies, they may even accept he's unfit for office, but he serves their financial and to a lesser extent social interests. And these are not hillbillies or working class guys, so if they aren't flipping, I doubt Joe SixPac in Wisconsin will.
I think the Dems need to get out people who never or rarely vote, not flip Trump voters.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I think the Dems need to get out people who never or rarely vote, not flip Trump voters.
Bingo. This is a very crucial truth that centrist Dems never seem to get because they’re anti-democratic. Deep down, they share with Republicans the idea that the poor, homeless, disenfranchised, and marginalized don’t deserve to participate in the democratic experience. Puritanism is deeply foundational to the ideology of the American ruling class.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Bingo. This is a very crucial truth that centrist Dems never seem to get because they’re anti-democratic. Deep down, they share with Republicans the idea that the poor, homeless, disenfranchised, and marginalized don’t deserve to participate in the democratic experience. Puritanism is deeply foundational to the ideology of the American ruling class.
The idea that only 'dumb people don't vote' is what I think they are operating on. I used to think like that until 2016. When you see all the rigging and MSM favoritism and misinformation it totally is discouraging and makes you not want to participate. But you make a great point, never thought of it like that. It does have a class angle to it.