Official 007: NO TIME TO DIE Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man reading some of the comments on reddit about this movie is just :snoop: the movie isn't perfect but some people want EVERY single little thing explained otherwise "it's a plot hole" or "it's bad writing". Like Ana de Armas saying she had 3 weeks of training, to me she was clearly being sarcastic after what we saw
Most people who comment online don’t know what plot hole actually is. They just throw out terms they hear in reviews.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
But then the series would play into the fan theory of the code name. Which they’ve never abided by. Up until Daniel, James Bond was one timeline with one cat. Daniel’s bond was the first break in the timeline and reboot, who is now his own separate closed loop timeline

I disagree. Like I said earlier, I think this Bond is the same Bond from the last 50 years. And they ended that with this movie. The next movie will probably start the codenames, if at all.
Or they can do some wild shyt, like say Bond got blown by the blast, scarred terribly, and had major reconstructive surgery. Hell since he has nanobots in him, they can say they reprogrammed them and made them heal him too.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I disagree. Like I said earlier, I think this Bond is the same Bond from the last 50 years. And they ended that with this movie. The next movie will probably start the codenames, if at all.
Or they can do some wild shyt, like say Bond got blown by the blast, scarred terribly, and had major reconstructive surgery. Hell since he has nanobots in him, they can say they reprogrammed them and made them heal him too.
But that doesn’t make sense. And by sense I mean that’s not what they’ve ever said. Listen to those podcasts. They said straight up this closes the loop on daniels iteration of the character. It’s a five movie arc that’s its own thing inside a larger franchise.

I feel that you disagree. I get that. But there’s words straight from the mouths of those who write and produce the flicks that say otherwise. Idk what else to say breh

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Code names and other wacky ideas are fun to talk about:russ:but it won't happen, there will be a new Bond and new stories will be told

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I enjoyed it, but I thought the first half was much more interesting than the last half. Something was missing. The whole reveal and end didn't really hit the way it was supposed to for me.
I just didn't care that that was his daughter or for the use of a child to raise the stakes and make the situation more intense felt cheap. Also that 'Rogue One' ending did not have the emotional impact it was supposed to, at least for me. In fact, all it did was remind me of 'Rogue One' and how amazing the ending of that movie was lol. I don't know, I feel like I should have been sadder or something. I was just like 'oh, this is it, huh? ::shrug::: I also really hated the new 007 telling M to reinstate James as 007.:rudy: It felt so forced and like they were pandering to the haters who didn't want Nomi replacing Bond.
But overall, I was entertained.

I'd give this a 7/10.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Man reading some of the comments on reddit about this movie is just :snoop: the movie isn't perfect but some people want EVERY single little thing explained otherwise "it's a plot hole" or "it's bad writing". Like Ana de Armas saying she had 3 weeks of training, to me she was clearly being sarcastic after what we saw
Every film subreddit is full of overly pedantic buzz kills who all think they are Roger Ebert reincarnated.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I doubt they will turn "James Bond" into a code name or even continue this film series continuity at all aside from probably keeping the Ana de Armas character and Ben Whishaw as Q.

I am thinking they will go for a younger (but still established Bond) with casting for the new Bond being kept between 30-35 years old.