Official 007: NO TIME TO DIE Thread

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
fukk all that I can do that for you my damn self:

james becomes a 00. Falls in love with a woman who betrays him even though it’s more complicated than he thought. Makes him cold to the world and women and hardens him for the job.

In quantum of solace, he chases down the people responsible for Vesper killing herself and targeting him. They’re represented by Mr. White, who was a member of Quantum, a shadowy group all about world domination through any means, including politics.

Fast forward to skyfall and we get Silva, who has a vendetta against M. M dies, James recommits himself you MI6, and we get a new M, along with moneypenny and Q.

Spectre comes along and retcons all that to say Spectre was the organization behind all of this. They were behind quantum, they blackmailed Vesper, they bankrolled Silva. James finds out the head of Spectre is his estranged half brother, blofeld, and also gets into a romance with Mr. White’s estranged daughter, Madeline. At the end of the movie, blofeld gets arrested while James and Madeline ride off into the sunset.

Now we’re finding out what happens after they drove off

Might make me run these shyts back before this drops.:wow:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Fukanaga is one of my favorite modern directors, and this looks dope, my one hint of caution is that, the trailer for Spectre, looked great too. And this seems a bit too overdone in parts, I don't know why they won't scrape and tone down Bond, into a more taut, and less "bombastic" spectacle, esp. as Craig's time is up, and he looks it. You can get into the whole Marvel/Scorcese debate here, I suppose. I will also say there doesn't seem to be many hints of Fukanaga's signature skills on display here. Maybe I was naive in thinking some of his brilliant work in Beasts of No Nation would be transferred here, all the gorgeous shots, set to a minimal score.

Regarding Spectre, to a poster above, it somehow managed to be so dull and lifeless, with all the right cast, directors, it was shocking. I read the fairly tepid reviews, and was still honestly surprised, how little fun I had while in the theater, and how little I enjoyed any part of the movie.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Still need to get around to watching Spectre, even though I've heard it's not that good. Just to complete the Daniel Craig Bond collection.

Trailer looks good and spring time seems like a solid release for it :ehh:
The opening scene for spectre is the best part of the movie:francis: then it’s fairly mediocre but still somewhat entertaining

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know we didn't see much of him but it looks like Rami Malek is going to be one of those more theatrical kind of Bond villains which I'm always down for.

Lashana Lynch was cool as the new 007 but all of her scenes from the trailer looked to take place in 2 or 3 settings which has me a bit nervous for her.

Would have liked to have seen more of Ana de Armas' character.

I could've lived without ever seeing Lea Seydoux's drab Madeleine again though.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
First weekend.

Movie looks like it's blending both the over the top Bonds with the more realistic Bonds pretty seamlessly. I hope its a great send off to Craig, who may be my favorite Bond.

I hope Blofeld/Waltz redeem themselves in this because he was extremely underwhelming in Spectre.

Lashana Lynch is looking like bae in this.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I went back and read my review from Spectre, for fun, I so vividly remember that night, the girl I was texting before the movie, and then, this dreadful, unbearable movie. I had forgotten this was the one with that horrendous ending sequence in the style of a slasher movie "haunted castle" in MI6, it was so bad. Did anyone ever explain where he got that plane from? I hope this next one is better than Spectre, because it was equally as embarrassing as the worst of the Brosnan years, easily, and that's saying a lot.

I don't know where to put most of the blame, Sam Mendes, the script, which seems less a script then a disarticulated body stitched together, an unholy Frankenstein script, of absurd action sequences, cliches, and insanely expensive lavish stunts and sets that can't mask the hollowness and lack of depth in the movie. The warning was a few minutes into the gorgeously shot opening scene, which I loved, the costumes, the theme of 'Day of The Dead', as it relates to Bond is perfect, and could have set the tone for the movie, instead it fumbles, just getting off the bench. The building explosion. The collapsing building and him falling into the couch. Elements of the helicopter fight were strong, but it was so overdone. From the beginning, it seemed they were going to the campy excess of earlier Bond movies, which is the last direction they should have tried.

The last act is by the far the worst. Capture, recapture, check. Horrendous dialouge between M and C? Check. Girl says she can't do this, leaves with no protection. Turns up captured. Embarrassing sequence with M16 as some sort of haunted house. Did Blofeld have his henchmen do that? LOL. A scenario straight out of Austin Powers..save the girl or save yourself .or do both with no real consequence either way. The boat chase was cool, direction wise, visually...but shooting down a helicopter with a pistol at hundreds of yards? 'I am out of bullets' 'I have better things to do'. Awful lines, one cannot believe the emotional stakes that have been raised from nowhere, in a cliched sequence on the bridge. This is a mess of a movie, a debacle of a Bond film, I was sincerely let down, this must have been a mess of a production. Nothing works. It isn't serious enough to give it gravitas, it isn't fun enough to be entertaining, a complete misfire. Mendes took EVERYTHING from 'Skyfall' that I loved, and disregarded it for shlock, nonsense, 'Fast & Furious' franchise bullshyt awful movie. This is barely worth watching in a hotel room in another country at 3:00 AM, much less anywhere else.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/spectre-bond-24-official-thread.267552/page-43