Official 007: NO TIME TO DIE Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nothing. Just his name and his plot is more than meets the eye. And broccoli says he “gets under Bonds skin” so yeah. Nothing

The only thing I read when he was offered the part is he said he wouldn't do it on some ethnic terrorist shyt. Because he's Egyptian in real life. He said if the part is just "crazy foreign terrorist", then no thanks. So I assume the character has layers.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The only thing I read when he was offered the part is he said he wouldn't do it on some ethnic terrorist shyt. Because he's Egyptian in real life. He said if the part is just "crazy foreign terrorist", then no thanks. So I assume the character has layers.

Fred.
Yeah he was adamant about that. Which is dope. I do miss the days of them being less cryptic with shyt tho. One of the issues with this “franchise era” were in now is how Bond has or hasn’t adapted to it. Making the movies continuity focused rather than the lose continuity they had since the 60s is a miss for me. This secretive hush hush shyt is also a miss.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah he was adamant about that. Which is dope. I do miss the days of them being less cryptic with shyt tho. One of the issues with this “franchise era” were in now is how Bond has or hasn’t adapted to it. Making the movies continuity focused rather than the lose continuity they had since the 60s is a miss for me. This secretive hush hush shyt is also a miss.
I welcome not knowing shyt. This over sharing wra for the birds

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I welcome not knowing shyt. This over sharing wra for the birds
Not even saying over sharing. But bond villains and their plots are never really secret. The one time they tried to keep it secret pre skyfall was Trevelyan in 95 and that made sense cause it was a twist. But even then, they let that shyt go quickly. Trailers spoiled it before the movie came out. The intrigue wasn’t on who he was but why he was doing what he was doing and how Bond would react.

Keeping it secret that waltz was Blofeld was as silly as keeping it secret cummerbatch was Khan. Especially because the reveal meant nothing to the characters in the movie.

You don’t have to overshare but there is a medium and this franchise hasn’t found it yet.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Has a modern Bond ever been released in spring? I can remember back to 1997, they have all been November/December.