Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Re-watching the game now on Tv as opposed to some shytty stream like earlier. Here are some of my observations:

Its way too early to panic about the run game. The O-line will open the holes. Pass blocking by our RBs shouldnt be a concern either. McFadden actually is a better pass blocking RB than Murray.

Our front office is making a big mistake not upgrading our Backup Qb position. We cant even properly evaluate our skill position players because these backups arent accurate, hold on to the ball too long, and are extremely poor under pressure

Our Special Teams are a bit concerning as of now. Bailey to me hasnt been the same since the Detroit playoff game. He is missing kicks that he used to make in his sleep. Our punt coverage has been horrid, but most of these players wont be on this unit once the season starts. Lucky gets me nervous everytime he attempts to catch a punt.

Our pass rush is greatly improved. Ive watched several snaps where, DLaw and Gregory beat their man right off the snap and put pressure on Kaep and Gabbert. Our run defense was meh but we started Wilbur (imo our worst linebacker) at the mike. He and Gachkar did not plug the holes giving up several long runs.

Dill might challenge Heath as the worst players on this squad. There is absolutely no need for either one of them going forward. Weems is also trash but hes all we have until Chaz gets back.

All in all, im not concerned at the moment.

11-5 NFC EAST CHAMPS

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Agreed with everything, However i do hope we keep Showers because he just seems to have something. The offense moves better with him in the game and i would love to see him with the 1s, even though that will never happen unless the unthinkable happens. Gus Johnson looked better this time around and looked more patient with the blocking. Dan Bailey is exactly why i hate kickers, they're great and then they hit a slump and miss everything like golfers.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Re-watching the game now on Tv as opposed to some shytty stream like earlier. Here are some of my observations:

Its way too early to panic about the run game. The O-line will open the holes. Pass blocking by our RBs shouldnt be a concern either. McFadden actually is a better pass blocking RB than Murray.

Our front office is making a big mistake not upgrading our Backup Qb position. We cant even properly evaluate our skill position players because these backups arent accurate, hold on to the ball too long, and are extremely poor under pressure

Our Special Teams are a bit concerning as of now. Bailey to me hasnt been the same since the Detroit playoff game. He is missing kicks that he used to make in his sleep. Our punt coverage has been horrid, but most of these players wont be on this unit once the season starts. Lucky gets me nervous everytime he attempts to catch a punt.

Our pass rush is greatly improved. Ive watched several snaps where, DLaw and Gregory beat their man right off the snap and put pressure on Kaep and Gabbert. Our run defense was meh but we started Wilbur (imo our worst linebacker) at the mike. He and Gachkar did not plug the holes giving up several long runs.

Dill might challenge Heath as the worst players on this squad. There is absolutely no need for either one of them going forward. Weems is also trash but hes all we have until Chaz gets back.

All in all, im not concerned at the moment.

11-5 NFC EAST CHAMPS
Weems was decent

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
The thing about backup QB is there's nobody out there who is gonna get us to the Bowl if Romo goes down for good, but it would be nice to have a guy you feel confident about filling in for a game or two.

At this point I would keep Showers over Weeden or Vaughn.. Showers at least shows a little poise and he looks the part. Vaughn and Weeden are just pure trash

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
While all of this is going on, Morris Claiborne stay posted up kneeling on the sidelienes

Yeah after this year he can :camby: done with this dude.

Dudes worried bout the running game need to realize a few things;

1. Only two of our starting olinemen were out there.

2. No witten/Dez = teams just keying in on stopping the run. Generally, those two, along with the starting OL, would be in the game. The threat of dez and witten keeps defenses honest and forces them to second guess keying in on the run game.

If we suffer week 1 against the Giants with running the ball then I'll panic.

Personally this team seems geared on throwing a little more this season. Bear in mind whatever minor setbacks we suffer at RB this year will be coupled with an IMPROVED defense this year. So our defense will pick up that slack we have at running back evening things out unless our D ends up similar to last years.

But it just doesn't seem possible.