Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Not true, again go back and look at every draft and you'll find late rounders who have outplayed top picks. Justin Houston was a 3rd round pick and if you redraft he's a 1st round pick.
Ok now i know youre :troll:

Youre basically telling me, that draft slots dont matter :comeon:

And since when doesnt a higher draft pick yield more/better options:usure:

-you can find some desperate team (like the deadskins) to give up numerous first rounders which would be our best case scenario because we have a lot of holes

-you have more players to chose from when you draft early

-you get an early pick each round not just the first

-look at the first 7 picks the season houston was drafted:

Killa Cam
Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
Aj Green
Patrick Peterson
Julio jones
Aldon Smith

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Ok now i know youre :troll:

Youre basically telling me, that draft slots dont matter :comeon:

And since when doesnt a higher draft pick yield more/better options:usure:

-you can find some desperate team (like the deadskins) to give up numerous first rounders which would be our best case scenario because we have a lot of holes

-you have more players to chose from when you draft early

-you get an early pick each round not just the first

-look at the first 7 picks the season houston was drafted:

Killa Cam
Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
Aj Green
Patrick Peterson

Julio jones
Aldon Smith
First i don't troll so miss me with that, secondly every year proves draft slots don't matter since every year there are 1st round busts. As for the players you've mentioned AJ can't stay healthy, Peterson has been outplayed by Mathieu, & do i really need to explain Aldon?. You want a high pick that's fine, but don't sit here and make it seem like a high pick is a guaranteed slam dunk. I'm also not going to cosign losing on purpose since that's what losing franchises do, i'm confident that no matter where they pick the Cowboys will get a damn good player. People really think that a team with Dez, Witten, & Lee were going to tank on purpose is hilarious:mjlol: They have way too much pride to just lay down like bytches.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
First i don't troll so miss me with that, secondly every year proves draft slots don't matter since every year there are 1st round busts. As for the players you've mentioned AJ can't stay healthy, Peterson has been outplayed by Mathieu, & do i really need to explain Aldon?. You want a high pick that's fine, but don't sit here and make it seem like a high pick is a guaranteed slam dunk. I'm also not going to cosign losing on purpose since that's what losing franchises do, i'm confident that no matter where they pick the Cowboys will get a damn good player. People really think that a team with Dez, Witten, & Lee were going to tank on purpose is hilarious:mjlol: They have way too much pride to just lay down like bytches.
Breh, what does last nights win accomplish? We arent making the playoffs and even if we do, we are one and done AND stuck with Garrett longer. Id rather suffer through losses just to get that idiot off this team.

As far as 1st round busts, that can happen no matter where you pick. You have to trust your scouts and front office. We've nailed our first round pick the last 3 years and 5 out of the last 6 (2012 being the exception). Like I said, would you rather have Byron Jones or Todd Gurley, Amari Cooper or Jameis?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Breh, what does last nights win accomplish? We arent making the playoffs and even if we do, we are one and done AND stuck with Garrett longer. Id rather suffer through losses just to get that idiot off this team.

As far as 1st round busts, that can happen no matter where you pick. You have to trust your scouts and front office. We've nailed our first round pick the last 3 years and 5 out of the last 6 (2012 being the exception). Like I said, would you rather have Byron Jones or Todd Gurley, Amari Cooper or Jameis?
If they were available when the Cowboys picked i would take all over Jones, but i think you're underestimating how impressive Jones has been this season. Plus the logic makes no sense because the Cowboys had no shot at getting said players. And what makes you think Garrett is fired if the Cowboys lose out? He lost 2 of his all pro players at the start of the season so he already had 1 more year in the bag. The Cowboys need to draft a QB this year but this year's class is very suspect.

I'll flip it back to you, would you rather have Alshon Jeffery, Bobby Wagner, & Russell Wilson or Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, or Ryan Tannehill?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
If they were available when the Cowboys picked i would take all over Jones, but i think you're underestimating how impressive Jones has been this season. Plus the logic makes no sense because the Cowboys had no shot at getting said players.
Because we drafted late in the first. If we had an earlier draft pick (like I hope we will this year), we would have the opportunity to get them.

And what makes you think Garrett is fired if the Cowboys lose out? He lost 2 of his all pro players at the start of the season so he already had 1 more year in the bag.
He wont get fired, but him making the playoffs this year will definately give jerruh no reason to get rid of him if things go south next season. Same reason Slurs fans dont want to win the division. As far as missing two all-pros, what does that have to do with the coaches blowing these games? An offensive scheme which cant get its best player the ball consistently, and is predictable to the point that opposing teams know our plays. There was a play vs the Panthers when Kuechly knew what our play was and stopped it for no gain.
I'll flip it back to you, would you rather have Alshon Jeffery, Bobby Wagner, & Russell Wilson or Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, or Ryan Tannehill?
No I wouldnt want those bums over Wilson, Wagner or Jeffery. But youre missing the point when I say "trust Our scouts" because of recent history. The Browns, Jags, and Dolphins have had a history of poor first round draft selections. We've hit on Our first round selections 5 out of the last 6 drafts.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that we got Travis Frederick, Zach Martin, and Byron jones in the mid/late first round makes me comfortable drafting anywhere in the first. It's hard to get excited for a top pick unless an elite qb or dynamic playmaker is available, cause so many are bust. Football isn't the sport to be tanking in..you gotta consider too many factors.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
No I wouldnt want those bums over Wilson, Wagner or Jeffery. But youre missing the point when I say "trust Our scouts" because of recent history. The Browns, Jags, and Dolphins have had a history of poor first round draft selections. We've hit on Our first round selections 5 out of the last 6 drafts.
Yes they've had a poor history, however those players outside of Tannehill were seen as can't miss by scouts and analysts. Blackmon was suppose to make Dez look like Mike Williams by comparison, and Richardson was going to be an explosive workhorse back. If you truly trust the scouts then it shouldn't matter where they pick in the 1st because they always hit.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Cowboys don't need an "elite" QB. They just need a guy who can grow into the system. Or for everybody saying don't draft a QB...you trying to see Matt Cassell back up Romo next year? Or are you trying to see TJ Yates back up Romo next year? Or are you trying to see Geno Smith backup Romo next year? If we don't draft a QB, then what we are going to get is some suck ass QB that has never won shyt anywhere backing up Romo and I promise you that suck ass QB is not going to start winning shyt here.

And whoever that guy is, it's highly likely he inherits the best offensive line in football and Dez toward the end of his prime...so it's not like he won't have a decent offense around him.

We didn't draft a QB and went with Weeden...how that work out?

We didn't draft a QB and went with Orton...how that work out?

We didn't draft a QB and now we got Cassell...how is that working out?

People in here complaining about the QB's in this draft...uh...what QB are we waiting on...? What QB is coming out in next year draft that we are going to get? Or the draft after that?

And honestly the draft is the least of our problems and the easiest one to fix since all you got to do is lose games...

Garrett is a bottom 5 coach in the league...nothing we can do to fix that...

We run the blandest offense in the league...i doubt we do anything to fix that...

We have exactly two corners worth anything ( Jones and Patmon) every other member if the secondary is terrible and we don't have the cap space to go get someone...so we stuck with that...

As much as I love Romo this dude is now officially injury prone and a candidate to get hurt every time he falls down...Dude has to have osteoporosis cause it's just impossible to fracture a collarbone twice inside of 6 months...I can't imagine he doesn't somehow get hurt and miss weeks of the season every year of his career going forward...and with the money we owe him he sure as shyt isn't going anywhere...

I would hope with the above mostly unsolvable problems that the very least this mental midget team could do is put themselves in a positron to pick as high as possible in the draft...instead it seems this team is hellbent on trying to make the playoffs and get slaughtered in the first round without romo...or somehow romo plays and becomes the first person in human history to fracture his collarbone 3 times in under a year...neither one of these things does anything for this team going forward.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Did Jerry get a lobotomy? Old man finally coming to his senses :lupe:

“I don’t feel vindication. I’m stunned that we haven’t been able to win more games without Tony,” he said.

Jones recently gave himself a failing grade for the way he handled the backup quarterback position this offseason. That’s evident, given that it’ early December and the Cowboys just now won their first game without Romo – who has been missing for most of the year.

“I would’ve thought that we could coach it up enough, we could put it together enough that we would not have lost those games without Romo early, and we would have been in better shape than where we are right now,” he said.

“We won one on will out there tonight – not on tactical mastery,” Jones said. “With that in mind, that’s not a criticism – that’s where we are as a team. We’re going to have to win these games. We’ve been playing like this all year without Romo and lost them.”

Notes: Bailey's Kick, Ball Security, Dez In Crunch Time, Jerry On QBs; More

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah i keep hearing how the qb class is weak. We heard the same about david carr class. Him, bortles look fine. I think teddy will be in the long run too.everybody needs to stop basing their opinions off what talking heads say. We better do our due diligence and draft a good qb. Period