Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
That's what keeps getting lost in all of this, with out Romo & Dez they still put up 28pts and Randle almost had a 4td game. The blame imo is mainly on the receivers, coordinators & Garrett, hard for me to blame the D when Ty Crawford is the only starting caliber player on the D-Line. Speaking of the D-Line i think D-Law is officially on the watch list, Gregory looked better in a handful of plays than Lawrence looked in all 3 games this year.
Lawerence isnt big/strong enough to play LDE, and thats his biggest problem. Plus you have to remember last year he beasted in the playoffs playing on the other side. On the left side, you have more run containment responsibility and a TE chipping you most of the time. He should get better as the season goes on.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what keeps getting lost in all of this, with out Romo & Dez they still put up 28pts and Randle almost had a 4td game. The blame imo is mainly on the receivers, coordinators & Garrett, hard for me to blame the D when Ty Crawford is the only starting caliber player on the D-Line. Speaking of the D-Line i think D-Law is officially on the watch list, Gregory looked better in a handful of plays than Lawrence looked in all 3 games this year.

Gregory is much better than Dlaw already, problem is Dlaw is like Terrence Williams to me. He will shine if someone is drawing doubles away from him :manny:

He still has better hands than that fakkit tho :ehh:

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eagles are trash, dont let their win against the jets fool you that team wont have a winning record. Sean Lee also played like a user controlled player on madden :yeshrug:

Dang I thought everyone was saying our defense was elite this year. I'm kinda new to football excuse the ignorance

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Dang I thought everyone was saying our defense was elite this year. I'm kinda new to football excuse the ignorance
I didn't really much care for the scheme much either. They got beat on the same play. Julio was defended well in the first half when he was on Claiborne. Then he went to Carr and Patmon and that's all she wrote. I wish Claiborne intercepted that pass. Would have changed the game. Up 14-0 and they showed no evidence of stopping us at that point.

I'll say this. I see people shyttin on JJ Wilcox without even mentioning how terrible Barry Church play was yesterday. Missed tackles, bad angles, blown assignments. Move JJ to SS and have Jones play FS. D-Law can be a good player but he obviously needs help. Hayden won't pressure a tire much less a quarterback. Mincey was out, I think Ty Crawford was knicked up too.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Both safeties are trash tbh... Wilcox gets a big hit every now and then but it's not like he's Kam Chancellor or something. And his occasional big hits don't make up for how bad he is in coverage. We need to replace them both.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
We just had a bad half fukk it shyt happens IMO. Now hopefully Weeden will play like an actual factual QB and won't leave a depleted D out there like the Eagles did two weeks ago against us. Now we know we didn't have 2000 Ravens D so we can't be out there whole halls and shyt expecting them to be all world. When we play our game we did ok when we don't we see what happens. I'm just amazed at how fickle some dudes are from one week to the next.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We just had a bad half fukk it shyt happens IMO. Now hopefully Weeden will play like an actual factual QB and won't leave a depleted D out there like the Eagles did two weeks ago against us. Now we know we didn't have 2000 Ravens D so we can't be out there whole halls and shyt expecting them to be all world. When we play our game we did ok when we don't we see what happens. I'm just amazed at how fickle some dudes are from one week to the next.

To be fair i was never a huge believer in the Elite defense shyt, the Eagles are hot trash. Until we get fully healthy this is gona be a below average defense that has always been carried by the offense taking up most of the time of possession

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
To be fair i was never a huge believer in the Elite defense shyt, the Eagles are hot trash. Until we get fully healthy this is gona be a below average defense that has always been carried by the offense taking up most of the time of possession
This is exactly what the D is. Its just funny seeing all these Boys fans sound like kids now. One week ago it was all love now everybody on the D ain't shyt. That funny style shyt ain't me and is garbage honestly

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Don't understand why everyone is panicking about the defense...

We are missing our top 2 defensive ends, 2 defensive tackles, second best linebacker, and our best corner...

Uh...what defense in the NFL is going to look good missing all of that...

The gameplan was pretty bad defensively yesterday...but realistically with us having so few defensive linemen we sure as hell weren't going to be doing anything exotic there...or in the linebacker core with mcclain out...or in the secondary where we are playing 2nd year and rookie alot...do you really want 1st year and 2nd year players dropping back in exotic coverages? I sure as hell don't...

When we get healthy on the dline and mcclain get's back we will be fine defensively and I expect the defense to be elite (part of that is we play some pretty bad offesnes as well...)

If we have just two more defensive lineman available to play yesterday we win that game...

Can't believe I am saying this but if Mincy plays yesterday we win that game...

shyt it might be more of the same this week...

On the offesnive side of the ball I have enough faith in Trillehan to believe that he learned from his mistakes and he is going to have to let whoever plays QB throw it down the field some...

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Both safeties are trash tbh... Wilcox gets a big hit every now and then but it's not like he's Kam Chancellor or something. And his occasional big hits don't make up for how bad he is in coverage. We need to replace them both.
If Church added a couple of more lbs he'd make a good LB, in coverage he's not great but he rarely misses a tackle.
Don't understand why everyone is panicking about the defense...

We are missing our top 2 defensive ends, 2 defensive tackles, second best linebacker, and our best corner...

Uh...what defense in the NFL is going to look good missing all of that...

The gameplan was pretty bad defensively yesterday...but realistically with us having so few defensive linemen we sure as hell weren't going to be doing anything exotic there...or in the linebacker core with mcclain out...or in the secondary where we are playing 2nd year and rookie alot...do you really want 1st year and 2nd year players dropping back in exotic coverages? I sure as hell don't...

When we get healthy on the dline and mcclain get's back we will be fine defensively and I expect the defense to be elite (part of that is we play some pretty bad offesnes as well...)

If we have just two more defensive lineman available to play yesterday we win that game...

Can't believe I am saying this but if Mincy plays yesterday we win that game...

shyt it might be more of the same this week...

On the offesnive side of the ball I have enough faith in Trillehan to believe that he learned from his mistakes and he is going to have to let whoever plays QB throw it down the field some...
You seem embarrassed to admit that but Mincey is very underrated by Cowboys fans, he wouldn't have gotten pushed around like our line did yesterday.