"Of Course America Isn't Racist. Whites Put Their Bodies On The Line For Us." - Jim Brown

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Breh thats cause he was outspoken and involved in activism.

From starting the black economic union (helping start black businesses in poor black communities) to later his AmerIcan organization helping get brothas out of LA gangs and calling truces in gang infected areas.

From the 60s to the 90s dude put in work as an athlete/activitst.

We can be disappointed in what he is doing today, but lets not re-write history in terms of his activism in the past.

If Kareem and Russel were tap dancing today. I wouldn't wipe clean the history of them being athletes/activist for decades.

Side note......little known fact was that Kareem and Jim were on the FBI watch list due to their association with the NOI.
All facts. Jim was really in deep with the movement. I can't take that away from the man.

I suspect he's a loyal type of dude at the end of the day, with more than a bit of stubborness to him. You don't make waves like the brehs from his era did without either.

He came out in support of Trump off rip - met with him at Trump Tower right after the election, etc. They spent considerable time together in conversation.

Jim a L.A. cat at the end of the day - lived there since the 60s. I wouldn't be surprised if his main attraction to Trump was his stance on illegal immigration. Black people damn near extinct in a lot of formerly all-black neighborhoods in L.A. these days, and the Hispanic-owned businesses won't even hire a breh to mop the damn floors. Cats movin to Phoenix, the Inland Empire, anywhere. Churches closing down, all types of shyt. :mjcry:

So now Trump out here talkin crazy about the Anthem...but Jim feels like he still gotta support him after their conversation and whatever promises were given. He isn't the type to feel comfortable criticizing someone who he gave his word (and who gave their word to him).

What's truly disappointing is that there was an easy way for Jim to navigate this shyt. He can get a meeting with Trump anytime. Jim should've gotten on the calendar and told him to back off the anthem issue - not because he disagreed with Trump (he doesn't, he's a old school WWII era cat, them nikkas don't fukk around with the flag, anthem, etc. off GP - and that isn't changing :manny:), but because Trump's continued twitter rants about the shyt were counterproductive.

One thing we know about Trump - he worships celebrity. How else would Kim Kardashian get to walk in the Oval Office and get Alice Johnson a pardon after a 5 minute meeting?

Jim should've exploited his celebrity and done the same thing, just with the anthem. That would've been a smart move - a move that someone like Jim with experience in social movements could've made. OG Civil Rights brehs did this sort of shyt on the regular - the whole post-MLK civil rights squad were in the damn Nixon White House making moves on a daily basis - read up on how they implemented public school desegregation. Trump isn't turning him down on something like this - it's an easy favor to do that costs him nothing but helps him preserve a potentially useful relationship.

But in his old age, the breh might've lost his touch. Instead of being strategic with it, he let his stubborness and pride get in the way - going full tilt on Fox News rather than putting his relationship with Trump to the test.

Just disappointing as fukk.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they have some bill cosby shyt over his head that will destroy his legacy so he is towing the line.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Man, it’s almost like playing football damages your brains or something... His medulla oblongata probably looks like the apple sauce his nurses are feeding him. :francis:

I’ve been telling y’all for years, everything relating to Ohio - Cleveland specifically - is a total fukking dumpster fire seasoned with racism.

I expect nothing less from a state that puts chili on spaghetti.
:dead::deadrose::deadmanny::laff::laff::laff:

Breh...props for bringing some levity to an otherwise depressing fukking thread :wow:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Honestly, I cant blame him. Being pro Black is lonely as shyt. Almost no one is pro Black. They just pro Black for their asses but not the collective. Jim done put in more work than all of us combined but hes been defeated. We gotta be honest about it to. This ain't Jesse Lee c00n ass. This is Jim Brown. He was right there with Ali in terms of racial pride now he is c00ning it up on Fox and Friends

This man must be senile is all I can say. No other way to explain this shyt.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Man, it’s almost like playing football damages your brains or something... His medulla oblongata probably looks like the apple sauce his nurses are feeding him. :francis:

I’ve been telling y’all for years, everything relating to Ohio - Cleveland specifically - is a total fukking dumpster fire seasoned with racism.

I expect nothing less from a state that puts chili on spaghetti.
giphy.gif