Oculus Rift Official Thread (preorders start 1/6/16 $599 Expected to Ship in March)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think some are misconstruing the expectations for this. There's no existing market for it so the first batch will be for enthusiast/bleeding edge types/ industry usage. Ppl who love to be the first with something and or industries who can benefit from simulation technology.

Think about the very first computers, brick cellphones, and hd tvs. not many very people had them and it took years for them to gain mainstream traction. Mostly because they were to expensive and there was not quite a wide spread use for them (on a personal basis).

This is bigger than video games, think tourism, medicine, military, entertainment, and so on all feasible customers for this type of technology.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think some are misconstruing the expectations for this. There's no existing market for it so the first batch will be for enthusiast/bleeding edge types/ industry usage. Ppl who love to be the first with something and or industries who can benefit from simulation technology.

Think about the very first computers, brick cellphones, and hd tvs. not many very people had them and it took years for them to gain mainstream traction. Mostly because they were to expensive and there was not quite a wide spread use for them (on a personal basis).

This is bigger than video games, think tourism, medicine, military, entertainment, and so on all feasible customers for this type of technology.
There's supposed to be 100 plus games by the end of the year. shyt, we already got games supporting the Rift. I can't fukking wait :blessed:

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
:childplease: $599 tho

kD4XPFn.gif

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
If you have a camera already and the PS4 comes with a DS4, you just buy the headset
Come March 28th, I'll truly be in the next gen. fukk three monitors; I'll have total immersion. I can't fukking wait :blessed:
People just don't get it, VR is the real Next Gen. Once you strap those goggles to your face and become a witness, there is no turning back. I wanna see what Vive come in at before I pre order Oculus. Vive is in a different stratosphere.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If you have a camera already and the PS4 comes with a DS4, you just buy the headset

People just don't get it, VR is the real Next Gen. Once you strap those goggles to your face and become a witness, there is no turning back. I wanna see what Vive come in at before I pre order Oculus. Vive is in a different stratosphere.
Truth be told, I'll probably buy a Vive and psvr too. :manny:

VR is the next gen. And it's coming so soon. I want it all :blessed:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

i don't have faith in morpheus lasting long...i tried it out and the resolution looked more like 720p instead of 1080p (i'm not a resolution fanatic and i instantly noticed it) and after 10 minutes of playing a racing game and exploration game, the fun started to fizzle fast. i don't think it'll stick with consumers for the long run unless they have some gems in their back pocket that they're waiting to drop but games like zombie taxi and simulators isn't gonna be enough to lure the casuals into PSVR.

i'm not an early adopter so i'll wait for the 2nd generation of oculus before taking that jump. i heard the resolution on it is gonna be 720 x4 :wow: