OCTOPATH TRAVELER (PC, Xbox One, Switch)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh there are plenty of good RPGs on the PS4, not sure what you are on about.

This doesn't look better than Ys/Persona/Trails of Cold Steel/Dragon Quest.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eh there are plenty of good RPGs on the PS4, not sure what you are on about.

This doesn't look better than Ys/Persona/Trails of Cold Steel/Dragon Quest.
giphy.gif

Dragon quest is probably the only game that would give this a run. This game scratches a very specific niche itch. I really hope it does well. I need 2d to make a comeback:noah:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You've clearly never played any of those games I listed, they all have far superior JRPG credentials than the Bravely Default games.

And this game plays just like Bravely Default with better art design. And the Bravely Default stuff put me straight to sleep after a few hours of playing.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
You've clearly never played any of those games I listed, they all have far superior JRPG credentials than the Bravely Default games.

And this game plays just like Bravely Default with better art design. And the Bravely Default stuff put me straight to sleep after a few hours of playing.
Yeah I played braverly default (was that the first one) and was straight bored with it. But I am intrigued by this game.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Played all of y's, none of persona, the 1st steel game, and random Dragon quest games.

The only one out of those I truly enjoyed was y's 8. The last dragon quest game i really laid into was 7 and steel was just meh.

Bravely default was great to me until I realized you could fast forward through the game, don't know why but that stole alot of the joy from the game for me. Everything else was great, even the lil AR stuff.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I keep going back and forth on starting it. 3 hours is just a tease but knowing that it carries over keeps enticing me to start. I played the last demo for right about 3 or 4 hours and I was sold instantly. I really hope the game does well.